Adding a new version of an already published addon

That's right. Just click "Add a Zip" to upload an update. Your existing module will continue to be available on PrestaShop Addons until your updated module is approved. Be careful to set the "Compatibility from" and "to" fields correctly, otherwise you could accidentally end up with multiple versions of your module being sent to different customers.

It is recommended to create one module that uses PrestaShop's helper classes to be compatible with PrestaShop v1.4 to v1.6 and a separate module that is designed specifically for PrestaShop v1.7.

Remember also to choose whether it's a major update. If "Major update" is selected, customers must pay again before they can upgrade. If it's unselected, customers can upgrade for free. Also, enter short descriptions of what has changed in the update for the changelog so your customers can easily see whether it's worth upgrading.

Remember also to choose whether it's a major update. If "Major update" is selected, customers must pay again before they can upgrade. If it's unselected, customers can upgrade for free. Also, enter short descriptions of what has changed in the update for the changelog so your customers can easily see whether it's worth upgrading.

Just to clarify this statement.  If customers have purchased the Zen option, then they do not need to pay for Major updates during their Zen term.

• Like 1

It's a new rule that will apply going forward so PrestaShop can automatically generate a correct config.xml file when your module is loaded for the first time. Otherwise, you could have incorrect information in your config.xml file.

Your customers may also be using different languages than you are, so their installations will generate different config.xml files than you're using.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi rocky,

It seems like you are experienced in module submission.

Something isnt really clear for me so far, so i would like to ask you a question.

I have developed my first module recently. I have made 2 versions : one for PS 1.5.x branch and another for PS 1.6 branch (so not a unique versions covering both 1.5 and 1.6 branches). Both have version number 1.1.2 (they have exactly the same features, only templates are differents).

I first submitted the one  for PS 1.6 and it has been technically approved (still waiting for marketing approval). Its compatibility is set to "from 1.6.0.4 to 1.6.1". 

Now when i want to submit the one for PS 1.5, i set the compatibility to "from 1.5.0.0 to 1.5.6.3" and submit the file. Then i have an error message saying that "This version is already available on Addons".

What should i do in your opinion ?

Should i give the one for PS 1.5 a different version number (like "1.1.1" for instance) ?

I've encountered this same issue. In that case, you're forced to increase the version number and have different version numbers. When I'm preparing the next release, I have the module for one version skip a version number to catch up to the other one. Usually, I'm able to get them the same again.

I would suggest using a version pattern, something like...

v1.x for the PS v1.5 module line

v2.x for the PS v1.6 module line

v3.x for the PS v1.7 module line

Then as you release new updates to each module, you would increment them individually.  v1.0.1, or v2.0.2 etc...