Less products in indexing

adi.marshal

Hi All,

I am using prestashop version 1.6.1.5. Right now i am facing an issue. Products in my site are not indexing properly.

When i go to product section, it show me 205093 products, while in in search it shows : Indexed products 160339 / 203864.

no count is matching with each other. Can anyone suggest me any idea how i can get this resolved?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

post-1325119-0-91623300-1476263782_thumb.png

post-1325119-0-52064200-1476263784_thumb.png

Thanks!

I'm going on a stretch here, and assume non-active products are not indexed (if they are, they really shouldn't - but that's talk for another day). So that might explain the difference between 205093 and 203864 products!

Those inactive products are of course counted in the Products section (they are still in the database after all), but they don't show up on the front office - precisely what the index is used for.

Edited by Apium (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks Apium for the quick reply.

I have re-indexed the products. Still it don't show the results while i search the products.

Right now the Indexed products count is 203834 / 203864. Still it is not searching. But when i open a product which is not searchable and just Save it, it starts showing there in search. Can you please let me know what issue could be there?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "it's not searching"? You mean searching for products in the front office? With 200k products, I'd not be surprised if searching becomes extremely slow. Indexing can only help so much, it cannot alleviate all problems stemming from having that many products.

While not free, you may want to look into upgrading your search system by e.g. https://www.algolia.com/.

Actually we are using ajax based custom search. At one time it searches only 1 product at a time. So search is ok(in regard of slowness), but its not searching the products.

I added 1400 products using CSV file. All 1400 products were imported. Firstly they were not showing in backend also. Then i updated product_lang and product_shop table. It started showing products in backend but still not searching in front end search box. If i open a product and just clieck save. it comes in search list.

i hope you understand the issue.

That seems more like an import problem than an index issue. I'm not too sure about what is going wrong though, as there are so many variables in play.

Are you sure products are properly connected to the shop? Do you run a multistore? Which variables are you assigning in your csv import?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Was there a solution to this problem we use 1.7.3 and we also have items that are active, you can go to the category and see them, and buy them. Yet they do not show up on our searches.

Regards,