prestashop 1.6.1.7 not sending emails

jboe

mail() and smtp are not working, I have made sure my store email is the same as my smtp username, create threads set to on, ive double checked all smtp server settings to be correct, but i can't even get a test email to send.

I'm using zoho mail but emails were not working previously when i was using webmail through cpanel. I've also tried setting it up through gmail with no success.

PrestaShop version: 1.6.1.7, 1.6.1.8, latest stable and 1.7

PHP version: 5.5.38

Error: Please check your configuration
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 2 possible authenticators

Edited by jboertje (see edit history)

Does your hosting provider allow a direct connection with external mail providers?

they do just not on my current plan

I have the same problem. Only the test mail is working.

It's urgent to find a solution.

mines different in that i can't even get that test email to send, thats when im seeing the error i posted.

Does your hosting provider allow a direct connection with external mail providers?

my current plan does not allow external mail providers, so ive reverted back to my cpanel email, (removed zoho mx records, etc)

as my hosting company specified, i used localhost for the server, and port 25 - now the test email in prestashop says it sent successfully, but im still not receiving any emails

emails did appear to be sending before i updated to 1.6.1.7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I used to have this problem but it doesn't happen anymore. I don't know how I solved it. But here is what I did.... First I switch back to PHP method. Then switch it back to SMTP method. Then I change the email credential to an 'Administrative' email of zoho account. Then switch back to the email credential I want to use.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/28/2016 at 7:45 AM, Boonyawat said:

Hello,

I used to have this problem but it doesn't happen anymore. I don't know how I solved it. But here is what I did.... First I switch back to PHP method. Then switch it back to SMTP method. Then I change the email credential to an 'Administrative' email of zoho account. Then switch back to the email credential I want to use.

Regards.

I just wanted to say thank you to this post. I'm still trying to configure smtp settings...yes in 2019 and in prestashop 1.7.5. It took a long time playing around with all sorts of things. But once we got the test email working we also had the problem we couldn't send customer service messages. I then changed to php and back to smtp and it worked. So I just wanted to say thanks for this idea. It worked for us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well it's quite funny, but you should also check the DNS entries

Problem

- mails not received - for example if your shop is hosted on cloud and mail is from google or third party - chances are you will not get order email becoz DNS and SPF of mail originating server is different from mail server (web Host sending mail using sendmail function from id  [email protected] your mail server for example gmail id ([email protected]) will not accept the mail)

Solution

- adjust your DNS and SPF records

alternate

- create another id and auto forward mails

hope this solves some issues

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your tip, almoustris a few messages back concerning the 'contact form' module. It worked. You saved me from slowly going insane.

I've been searching for a sollution for my contact form problem for close to half a year. I can't understand why the option is turned off by default.

thanks again for the tip!

• 8 months later...