[SOLVED] Testing confirmation mail

friet

I'm changing the layout of the cofirmation mail (my own color scheme etc...) but how do I resend the confirmation mail while testing w/o having to place another order every time I want to check the mail?

And second question: my shop only uses bank-wire as a payment option. When the customer orders something he gets 2 mails: "order confirmation" and "awaiting bank wire payment". How do I disable the bank-mail? (I'm just gonna include the bank wire info in the order confirmation mail.)

• 2 weeks later...

Forget the first question. Second one still stands though.

Customer orders and gets 2 mails: "Order confirmation" and "awaiting bank wire payment". How do I disable the last one?

*edit* Ok, I've found the admin > orders > statuses and I can uncheck the bank wire mail, but then I get no mail, not even the order confirmation...

That's not really what I'm asking...

I do want a confirmation mail (so commenting line 350-351 is not what I want).
I don't want an awaiting bankpayment mail.

Unchecking the "send mail to customer" for bankwire causes the system to send no mail whatsoever.

Does anyone know where the "send awaiting bankwire payment mail" code is so I can comment that section?

Why do you want to disable the "Awaiting bank wire payment" email? The customer will not have an email with your bank details, so they won't know where to send the payment unless they write down the bank wire details while checking out.

I think you could disable it by changing lines 163-164 from:

if (Validate::isLoadedObject($order))
   Mail::Send(intval($order->id_lang), $result['template'], $topic, $data, $result['email'], $result['firstname'].' '.$result['lastname']);

to:

if (Validate::isLoadedObject($order) AND $result['template'] != 'bankwire')
   Mail::Send(intval($order->id_lang), $result['template'], $topic, $data, $result['email'], $result['firstname'].' '.$result['lastname']);

Thnx for the help rocky. Will try this tonight.

I'm adding the bank-wire info to the confirmation mail, so I can send out 1 mail instead of 2. Feels less spammy.

*edit* Works. Thnx a lot rocky!

• 2 weeks later...
Why do you want to disable the "Awaiting bank wire payment" email? The customer will not have an email with your bank details, so they won't know where to send the payment unless they write down the bank wire details while checking out.

I think you could disable it by changing lines 163-164 from:

if (Validate::isLoadedObject($order))

to:

if (Validate::isLoadedObject($order) AND $result['template'] != 'bankwire')

Hi Rocky, wich file is this? This is driving me crazy! I can't find this line in paymentmodule.php... please help!