Stop parallel subdomain redirect .htaccess?

cyanoxide

Hi there,

I'm looking to set up a parallel sub domain that points to the same location as the main directory. The reason for this being that I'm using cloudflare as a CDN and they have a 100 second timeout limit. The script I need to run is over that length (nothing wrong with it, it's just a big script) but obviously because of this it hits the timeout and its something I wish to hook up to a cron job and run at least once a day. 

I've set up a subdomain and pointed it to the main directory however visiting the URL with the subdomain amended just redirects the user to the standard URL unless they are in the back office. If they are in the back office it works exactly as intended but not in the front. Because of this I have a suspicion that this is a .htaccess issue but I'm not sure how to go about resolving the problem.

In the past I've modified .htaccess files to stop duplicate urls but not to allow them so I don't know how to proceed, especially seeming as prestashop auto generates a .htaccess file so it would need to be done in a way that doesn't get wiped after it gets regenerated.

That being said my knowledge on the subject isn't particularly extensive so it could be something else entirely but regardless, any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

On a side note I'm assuming having a parallel URL isn't ideal as it's  still duplication and that could hurt SEO and the like so any suggestions on how I could keep the parallel subdomain but not the negatives factors of having one would also be worth sharing.