1.6.1.7 Problem with Featured Value Language.

rfourt

Hello.,

just recently came up with this problem i have not seen before.

we are workin on a new shop and just to clean everything from scratch we deleted all "Features" that comes with the default installation.

So now when testing to add new i see this problem.

If i add Swedish Letters in "Custimized Value" field ex: Å Ä Ö and then click save this is what i end up with.

Å Ä Ö

See image.

Anyone have any idea?

post-408953-0-98780900-1475499490_thumb.jpg

Also you can manually empty those tables:

ps_feature

ps_feature_lang

ps_feature_product

ps_feature_value

ps_feature_value_lang

Thank you for answer.

Although i tried both i still get the same result. :(

wow did some testing now, and this is really confusing.

If I in customized Value i  type

Å Ä Ö   with dashes between the ltters i get the same value in frontpage.

åäö

but when i write a sentence or whole word it looks the same in backoffice but in frontpage it works. ???????????

See screenshot.

post-408953-0-57187800-1475588516_thumb.jpg

post-408953-0-03942700-1475588527_thumb.jpg

OK a formal warning goes out to anyone using the module "DataSheet Pro - product features"

tHIS MODUEL F***CKS up so much in your shop.
firstly the language abut so many other stuff.

Thank you Daniel Patilea for your time but it was this module all along. :(

Cant yout alk to PS to open up the Reviews for public view so all we buyers can see what others are saying or rating the modules in the addonshop it would be so much more helpfull and we buyers perhaps wont throw away so much time and money on basically SHIT MODULES..

Here is a video i just did about it 

• Like 1

Hello rfourt,

You need to keep in mind that we are "community developers" and that the things we make are not always 100% flawless / bug free.

However your video pointed some issues with my latest release of DataSheetPro v1.6.0

We have found and solved the following bugs:

Bug (Solved): Special character support (displaying å instead of ö ä ï)

Bug (Solved): Duplication of product does not duplicate features (there was an issue in the product.php override file)

Bug (Solved): After creating a group and saving (and you forgot to fill in the other languages) you where not able to fill in the fields anymore.

The "bug" you state that your front office main langue is Swedish and the module show English input fields first is not a bug.

The module will always show you the input fields langue of your backoffice as first, which in the case of your movie is english.

If you change the langue of your backoffice to Swedish the input field will be Swedish.

The "read-me files" are accessible trough your seller account this is something prestashop wants. We ar not allowed to include read-me files into our module files.

All issues are resolved and v1.6.1 has been send in to the addons market and will be available soon.

Kind regards,

Jaimy Aerts

Hello rfourt,

You need to keep in mind that we are "community developers" and that the things we make are not always 100% flawless / bug free.

However your video pointed some issues with my latest release of DataSheetPro v1.6.0

We have found and solved the following bugs:

Bug (Solved): Special character support (displaying å instead of ö ä ï)

Bug (Solved): Duplication of product does not duplicate features (there was an issue in the product.php override file)

Bug (Solved): After creating a group and saving (and you forgot to fill in the other languages) you where not able to fill in the fields anymore.

The "bug" you state that your front office main langue is Swedish and the module show English input fields first is not a bug.

The module will always show you the input fields langue of your backoffice as first, which in the case of your movie is english.

If you change the langue of your backoffice to Swedish the input field will be Swedish.

The "read-me files" are accessible trough your seller account this is something prestashop wants. We ar not allowed to include read-me files into our module files.

All issues are resolved and v1.6.1 has been send in to the addons market and will be available soon.

Kind regards,

Jaimy Aerts

IM SORRY BUT YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT Its freaking ridiculous.

im sorry im harch but im so tired of all these freaking n00bs selling modules on Prestashop Addon.

Not only that they charge money for their poorly developed modules it cost you as a shop owner A LOT more then just the 39Euros or whatever they charge.

Why? .. well because You STEAL our own time with your poorly developed code and i cant stop blaming Prestashop little bit for letting you even sell this crap. 

But you steal our time and this module has to be in the top 3 worst coded modules i have ever seen. And the only reason you are not in top1 is because it was fairly cheap and you where pretty fast to answer my support mail and you where willing to help. So that is really good manner. I have bought modules for over 400Euros and had to wait for 1 week before i got an answer, and in many cases had to pay extra for support. 

So your customer service i cannot say anything about its good. But THIS module should be taken down immediately from the addons page hosted by PS.

Why? Well even after i have unstalled and deleted your module i have problem with the language on my entire back-office and today, one week after  i uninstalled your module i went in to my "SEO & URLs" section and was about to set some meta titles etc and i came upon this error msg.

[11-Oct-2016 15:30:26 Europe/Stockholm] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/develop/modules/datasheetpro/DspHelper.php' (include_path='/home/xxxx/public_html/develop/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/develop/override/controllers/front/CompareController.php on line 2

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  .

So even though i uninstalled your #"¤&"¤"¤# module i still get errors because of it and now its starting to affect my totally new site. Your module was the first module i installed on this entirely new website and now 2 weeks after installation it looks like i have to redo everything again.. I just checked and the database is still swamped with your "#%#%"#% n00b-code.    Im a n00b myself so i recognize it easy :P

Your module is NOT fixed and as i said in the video you really need to fix your selling page on PS addon store letting users know that to be able to even use this module you have to HACK you original files, so as soon as you update your shop you will have problem with this module.  In your installation description you have nothing?????

Also your first answer to me was "Give me FTP and login to back-office, and i will fix"

Why tha ¤%"#¤% should i give a person i have never talked to, access and the key´s to my business, are you crazy? And especially as a n00b as me can discover this code is so poorly coded that i could have done it better myself. And im bad at coding.....

im so glad i 

PRESTASHOP!

You either need to test all the modules you want to sell on your addon shop (apple style)

Or make the user reviews publicly available for others to read (wordpress style)

I have spent over 3000 Euros in addons shop and bought many MANY modules and the last 2 years this is getting worse and worse, its almost like you dont check at all what type of modules is sold.

AGAIN! im sorry if i sound harch but only this module now has stolen at least 15 hours of my time, and the funny part is that i paid for it.. 

and if this was a rare occasion i would probably have said nothing but if i buy 10 modules 7-8 of them are not as bad as this but atleast so bad that you have to make tons of modifications yourself or contact the developer and he sends a modified copy etc. And what happends when you update? "#%"#¤

im sorry   Crezzur    You are taking the blame now for alot of other bad modules but im so tired right now of this, this is the 7th webshop im building this year and its getting really frustrating to have to go through this time after time.

I understand developing for a lot of different systems is hard and it takes a lot, but cmon,, if you cant do it,.,. you shouldnt sell it. Give it away for testing or whatever and fix the damn bugs, AND DONT FORCE you clients to hack original files to even make the module work.

Today i have the same issue with another module. "Perfect Multi Tabs" and its the same again, which i have noticed in almost 80% of the modules today. They dont support multi-language. And either PS has made it really hard to make it work for developer or they are just to lazy to actually make it work, I think the later as i have seen other modules developed by good 3party developers work perfectly in whatever language.  I talked to the developer and his answer to why the module wasnt working is because i was doing it wrong. i have not the correct language in my "Back-office" he said SO he said basically because i have Swedish in Front office i have to use Swedish in Back-office,  :/

Cmon we all know that a good coded module wont mind the language, but .... .. .. .. . .. . .

PRESTASHOP. Please open up user reviews for public.

i know you will sell less modules becouse people could actually read what other buyers think, but i know you will also have less people asking for refund and your credibility will be higher,, Go for quality not Quantity, you dont need that anymore. :)

im sorry again for ranting, but im so tired of all the poorly coded modules out there. and belive me, the price dosnt matter at all. Even some of the "prestashop Trusted developrs" have made some terrible modules. so i think the only really good thing for us buyers and shop owners is to read what others are saying.

And i have said it before, i LOVE PS dont get me wrong, but if there is one thing that would make me switch to some other system it is this, becouse module modifications and related are now the latest 2 years taking up more time of a webmasters time then actually setting up the shop and adding products etc.

Edited by rfourt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

note OP melt down, we all  have them at times...

to be honest native ps is responsible for removing module overrides at uninstall...so issue post uninstall tells me you did not uninstall but deleted module without uninstall...or there is issue with uninstall native removal of override.

also my advice, just because you can empty a table or even if someone recommend it or to be brutally honest suggest a 'cleaner'...run

there are only three tables one can safely empty and feature(s) is not one of them.

as for &amp etc...the dev made fast change....dev cannot imagine all the scenarios their modules might run in.

but I do agree that ps needs better market place reviews, now it's not very transparent.

good luck.

Hello everyone,

@rfourt: First, thank you for your feedback, I've shared it with the Addons Team.

When there is an issue, feel free to contact the developer directly to get the required information and to fix the problem.

For your information, during the checking process, the team uses a new empty shop to test the modules (so we can't see the conflicts between modules, we can't test all the configurations). 

Concerning the open comments, I just want to let you know that we have opened recently the comments for the top developers on the Addons Marketplace. I'm not aware of all the future modifications but we also feel that transparency is a key here. We really want to improve our marketplace, so thank you again for your feedback.

• Like 1

Concerning the open comments, I just want to let you know that we have opened recently the comments for the top developers on the Addons Marketplace. I'm not aware of all the future modifications but we also feel that transparency is a key here. We really want to improve our marketplace, so thank you again for your feedback.

This bit is exciting news. thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

IM SORRY BUT YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT Its freaking ridiculous.

im sorry im harch but im so tired of all these freaking n00bs selling modules on Prestashop Addon.

Not only that they charge money for their poorly developed modules it cost you as a shop owner A LOT more then just the 39Euros or whatever they charge.

Why? .. well because You STEAL our own time with your poorly developed code and i cant stop blaming Prestashop little bit for letting you even sell this crap. 

But you steal our time and this module has to be in the top 3 worst coded modules i have ever seen. And the only reason you are not in top1 is because it was fairly cheap and you where pretty fast to answer my support mail and you where willing to help. So that is really good manner. I have bought modules for over 400Euros and had to wait for 1 week before i got an answer, and in many cases had to pay extra for support. 

So your customer service i cannot say anything about its good. But THIS module should be taken down immediately from the addons page hosted by PS.

Why? Well even after i have unstalled and deleted your module i have problem with the language on my entire back-office and today, one week after  i uninstalled your module i went in to my "SEO & URLs" section and was about to set some meta titles etc and i came upon this error msg.

[11-Oct-2016 15:30:26 Europe/Stockholm] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/develop/modules/datasheetpro/DspHelper.php' (include_path='/home/xxxx/public_html/develop/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/develop/override/controllers/front/CompareController.php on line 2

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  .

So even though i uninstalled your #"¤&"¤"¤# module i still get errors because of it and now its starting to affect my totally new site. Your module was the first module i installed on this entirely new website and now 2 weeks after installation it looks like i have to redo everything again.. I just checked and the database is still swamped with your "#%#%"#% n00b-code.    Im a n00b myself so i recognize it easy :P

Your module is NOT fixed and as i said in the video you really need to fix your selling page on PS addon store letting users know that to be able to even use this module you have to HACK you original files, so as soon as you update your shop you will have problem with this module.  In your installation description you have nothing?????

Also your first answer to me was "Give me FTP and login to back-office, and i will fix"

Why tha ¤%"#¤% should i give a person i have never talked to, access and the key´s to my business, are you crazy? And especially as a n00b as me can discover this code is so poorly coded that i could have done it better myself. And im bad at coding.....

im so glad i 

PRESTASHOP!

You either need to test all the modules you want to sell on your addon shop (apple style)

Or make the user reviews publicly available for others to read (wordpress style)

I have spent over 3000 Euros in addons shop and bought many MANY modules and the last 2 years this is getting worse and worse, its almost like you dont check at all what type of modules is sold.

AGAIN! im sorry if i sound harch but only this module now has stolen at least 15 hours of my time, and the funny part is that i paid for it.. 

and if this was a rare occasion i would probably have said nothing but if i buy 10 modules 7-8 of them are not as bad as this but atleast so bad that you have to make tons of modifications yourself or contact the developer and he sends a modified copy etc. And what happends when you update? "#%"#¤

im sorry   Crezzur    You are taking the blame now for alot of other bad modules but im so tired right now of this, this is the 7th webshop im building this year and its getting really frustrating to have to go through this time after time.

I understand developing for a lot of different systems is hard and it takes a lot, but cmon,, if you cant do it,.,. you shouldnt sell it. Give it away for testing or whatever and fix the damn bugs, AND DONT FORCE you clients to hack original files to even make the module work.

Today i have the same issue with another module. "Perfect Multi Tabs" and its the same again, which i have noticed in almost 80% of the modules today. They dont support multi-language. And either PS has made it really hard to make it work for developer or they are just to lazy to actually make it work, I think the later as i have seen other modules developed by good 3party developers work perfectly in whatever language.  I talked to the developer and his answer to why the module wasnt working is because i was doing it wrong. i have not the correct language in my "Back-office" he said SO he said basically because i have Swedish in Front office i have to use Swedish in Back-office,  :/

Cmon we all know that a good coded module wont mind the language, but .... .. .. .. . .. . .

PRESTASHOP. Please open up user reviews for public.

i know you will sell less modules becouse people could actually read what other buyers think, but i know you will also have less people asking for refund and your credibility will be higher,, Go for quality not Quantity, you dont need that anymore. :)

im sorry again for ranting, but im so tired of all the poorly coded modules out there. and belive me, the price dosnt matter at all. Even some of the "prestashop Trusted developrs" have made some terrible modules. so i think the only really good thing for us buyers and shop owners is to read what others are saying.

And i have said it before, i LOVE PS dont get me wrong, but if there is one thing that would make me switch to some other system it is this, becouse module modifications and related are now the latest 2 years taking up more time of a webmasters time then actually setting up the shop and adding products etc.

I so agree to 100%, Prestashop team need to have better control over all themes, modules etc that are selling for the platform. I rather pay more for each module or theme to know its 100% workable. I have spent thousands of hour and a lot of money to fix all bugs in both modules and themes, and instead to focus of selling and make money and market our webstores.

We hope Prestashop team are gonna wake up now and start to get better control of all things involved of prestashop.

//Patrik

• Like 1