Product position in category PS 1.6.1.7

floranne75

Hello,

The database is not updated when I move products inside a category.

The message given by Prestashop in BO is "Successful update" but it is not in the reality.

The table "category_products" is not changed.

I put the default sorting in Preferences/Products to => Position in category. 

So I must change the positions inside the table "category_products" to have the product in the right place that I would to have ... It is a boring and very long job ... But I have no solutions to do it otherwise. 

I see nothing about this "bug" (?) in solved topics except to set up the product preferences in the good way.

Thanks for your answer.

Christine B.

http://www.charmeetsens.fr

Edited by floranne75 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

The database is not updated when I move products inside a category.

The message given by Prestashop in BO is "Successful update" but it is not in the reality.

The table "category_products" is not changed.

I put the default sorting in Preferences/Products to => Position in category. 

So I must change the positions inside the table "category_products" to have the product in the right place that I would to have ... It is a boring and very long job ... But I have no solutions to do it otherwise. 

I see nothing about this "bug" (?) in solved topics except to set up the product preferences in the good way.

Thanks for your answer.

Christine B.

http://www.charmeetsens.fr

finally,i found it was not a bug,please turn off showing subcategory product,so it can show the right position in current 

category,if this option is on,i am not sure how to decide the position

post-806281-0-19580300-1477086491_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for your answer but I use position product in category inside the BO of PS within the catalogue/products menu and not with the Layered Navigation Block which is a filter for the customer to navigate in the shop.

It is not the same thing.

hi,if you enable the Layered navigation block module,please disable it and see whether your problem is solved,if it not,maybe other problems,

• 4 weeks later...

Yes TiaNex. is right!

I turned off subcategory products and everything works great! The only issue is that we have to remember to assign all new products to both categories and subcategories.

finally,i found it was not a bug,please turn off showing subcategory product,so it can show the right position in current 

category,if this option is on,i am not sure how to decide the position

attachicon.gif05.jpg

• 6 months later...