Minimum purchase in order to buy, depending on manufacturer

NielsTy

Hi all.

I am looking for some advice :)

I have this webshop that sells items from 3 difference manufacturers around Europe. Now, the items i sell are heavy stuff and is expensive to ship and i would like to be able to make some rule, that you MUST purchase for for a certain amount of money (add to basket) in order to make a purchase at all... depending on which manufacturer.

Ex:

Manufacturer A: you must purchase (add to basket) for at least 1000 € in order to buy

Manufacturer B: you must purchase (add to basket) for at least 3500 € in order to buy

Manufacturer B: you must purchase (add to basket) for at least 5000 € in order to buy

Does any of you clever people out there have an idea about how i can do this? Or know of a module that can do it?

In standard shipping, it is not possible to define ranges that starts from ie. 1000 €... there must be something from 0 €.
(FYI: i have created a carrier for each of the three manufacturers)

I am on PrestaShop 1.6.1.6

ANY advice or good idea is very welcomed :)

Cheers,
Niels

@NielsTy

that is not simple to implement and not easy to explain here. basically you will need to check modify a few order related controllers to check the shopping cart and then show error messages on shopping cart during checkout.

but we have done similar customization for multiple sellers/vendor modules scenario, we maybe able to help to implement this requirement with custom changes, please contact [email protected] so that we can give you an quotation.

this requires customization of prestashop and also database if you want to work with this feature in a user-friendly way. So case is a little bit complicated.

During order process:
- it is necessary to get all products in cart

- count products value that are associated with selected manufacturers (count them with all price rules like discounts, quantity (volume discounts) rules etc.)
- compare values of products with definied minimal value of order from manufacturers (so you need store these values somewhere)
- depending on compare result - display message and block possibility to order / allow to go through order process

becasue of fact that it is complicated - some time ago i developed a module: minimal order value by manufacturers and it has features to:

- define unlimited number minimal order value by manufacturers

- support OPC checkout

- displays messages and blocks possibility to order if cart will not meet defined requirements

screenshots:
back office configuration page:
kvWXRiD.png

result:
nQU0c0Q.png

Thanks for the feedback, people!

Vekia, your solution looks exactly like something i can use. I will speak with my client and get back to you :)

Cheers!

that's great :)

i've got a lot of feaures like that so i've experience with such solutions, i can assure that it works well :)

anyway, if you will have some questions - feel free to ask as much as you want

• Like 1

that's great :)

i've got a lot of feaures like that so i've experience with such solutions, i can assure that it works well :)

anyway, if you will have some questions - feel free to ask as much as you want

Vekia, does it have it's own CSS, for styling the "Error-box" in the cart?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...