Andreea S.

SOLVED - CSV import issue - no error displayed

Hi everyone, 

I know this is a boring topic, but I'll take my chances. 

We're running PS 1.6.1.4 and we can't upload any csv files, not even the initial templates. There's absolutely no error message and debug doesn't help in this case. After hitting Import .csv data we're just taken back to the previous screen where we had to upload the file. 

We have the same issue for the full catalogue (products, categories, suppliers etc.)

Has anyone had this issue before and fixed it? 

Your support is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andreea

Edited by Andreea S. (see edit history)

Hi everyone, 

I know this is a boring topic, but I'll take my chances. 

We're running PS 1.6.1.4 and we can't upload any csv files, not even the initial templates. There's absolutely no error message and debug doesn't help in this case. After hitting Import .csv data we're just taken back to the previous screen where we had to upload the file. 

We have the same issue for the full catalogue (products, categories, suppliers etc.)

Has anyone had this issue before and fixed it? 

Your support is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andreea

Does your files and folders have the correct persissions set(644 on files and 755 on folders)?

Good. Go to Advanced Parameters > CSV Import and you will find there a label called "Select a CSV file to import". Click "Choose from history / FTP" and select a .csv file.

Then go through the import process

Tried that too, it doesn't work. I saw people raising this very same issue on other forums, but no solution was given. It's a pain in the ass to have to upload the entire catalog manually :(

If I were you I would try tu run the import process on a different environment, locally or another server.

Maybe it's a server related issue

I'm having the same problem in Prestashop 1.6.1.9 ... same issues ... tried everything still .. no imports and having the same error with no displayed errors ... Andreea S. did you find a fix for this ?

PS : I'm having the same problem on localhost and on the development server .

Edited by hanisnl (see edit history)

Hi @hanisnl, yes, I found a fix.

The problem for me was the PHP configuration - I was on 5.3.6. and I upgraded to 7. Worked as a charm. 

Hope it works for you too. 

• Thanks 1

thanks for the reply .. it seems that ignoring the product id column on import and using the product's reference option did the trick .. the error still pop's up -with no error message- .. but the import was successful .

On 12/5/2016 at 12:27 PM, Andreea S. said:

Hi @hanisnl, yes, I found a fix.

The problem for me was the PHP configuration - I was on 5.3.6. and I upgraded to 7. Worked as a charm. 

Hope it works for you too. 

Had the same problem on PS 1.7.5.1 working with PHP 5.6
Finally after stumbling upon your thread I changed it to PHP 7.2.16 and it works perfect.

I wonder why they still recommend PHP 5.6 on Prestashop's official requirements page.  

• Like 1