Product Positioning in the Category Page

macau_stone

In the category page, by default, how do we change which products will show in the first page and so on?

In the backend, I went to Catalog > Product and use the 'filter by category' function and selected a category. From there I was able to assign which product is on Position 1, 2, 3, and so on.

However, when I go to the actual category page they are not arranged based on the position that I assigned. Here is a screenshot on which position I assigned on some products but showing differently on the front page - http://screencast.com/t/jQYomEAKQ

Please help.

Thanks

@NemoPS - The positions that we assigned for the products in the subcategory (via backend) are correctly shown in the front-end's sub-category page. However, if we go to the main category, they are not correct when we compare them to the respective position that we assign in the back end.

@musicmaster - yes I did that

@NemoPS - The positions that we assigned for the products in the subcategory (via backend) are correctly shown in the front-end's sub-category page. However, if we go to the main category, they are not correct when we compare them to the respective position that we assign in the back end.

I solved this by copying all subcategory products to their parent categories and sort them there.

@musicmaster - yes I did that

As I said, it's the layered navigation

Rictools solution should work, just assign them to the parent category too

• 1 month later...

I've been looking for this a long time. Though this solution doesn't work for me..

They are shown as of their subcategories positions.

It's because of the layered navigation. There is no solution if you display products from subcategories

I solved this by copying all subcategory products to their parent categories and sort them there.

As I said, it's the layered navigation
Rictools solution should work, just assign them to the parent category too