Display Price per Quantity

hornet85

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, that's my first post.

I'm working on a new site using Prestashop 1.6.1.6

The shop will sell, among other things, fabrics.

I've done a small trick to display units as dozens, using a background with "0 cm" near the units.

Anyway, now i need to update the price per quantity. I red some posts here but they were for previous versions and i didn't manage to implement on my site.

I'm not a developer, but a graphic designer, so please, have a little patience :D

Thanks in advance.

you mean that you want to sell 10 quantity of product with different price (per unit) than 1 quantity?

No, i need to update the price when customer change the quantity.

30cm of fabric = 6 €

40cm of fabric = 8 €

80cm of fabric = 16 €

and so on..

this requires custom development, prestashop does not have a feature to calculate the price while you will enter the "quantity" value.

if you dont use the quantity discounts - it can be done with js script - but if you use them - it requires advanced customization of the core (feature to return the price depending on quantity)

there is also solution based on atributes, but i dont think that this will meet your requirements since whole thing is based on quantity and custom value (not attribute with pre-defined values)

this requires custom development, prestashop does not have a feature to calculate the price while you will enter the "quantity" value.

if you dont use the quantity discounts - it can be done with js script - but if you use them - it requires advanced customization of the core (feature to return the price depending on quantity)

there is also solution based on atributes, but i dont think that this will meet your requirements since whole thing is based on quantity and custom value (not attribute with pre-defined values)

I won't use quantity discounts.
I will use attributes only to choose between:
- "fat quarter" cut, that have specific measure and it is not necessary to update the price;
- cut at meter, and here, to have more clear price i need to display the price updating.
Anyway i would like to make this thing as simple as possible and hope to not modifying the core.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be that what you are trying to do is sell your product (fabric) in set quantities?

So returning to your example

30cm of fabric = 6 €

40cm of fabric = 8 €

80cm of fabric = 16 €

you don't want people to be able to but 35cm. Only the units your specificity. Am I understanding that correctly?

no, maybe I was unclear.

It's not a feature resolvable with attributes, becouse in this case I should insert all the possible cuts.

What i need is that, as you increase the product amount the price is updated in accordance with these. So if my unit costs 2 €, when the client increases the amount, for example, to 10, I would like the displayed price is € 20 and so on...

Sorry if I have difficulty expressing myself, but I am not English!

Thank you

Oh.. so you want the price to display for the total purchase rather than the per unit price.

So currently if they are buying 4 yards at $5 a yard it has a price of $5 but you want that to say $20 instead.

Out of the box I don't think you can do that with PrestaShop. There might be a module that offers that feature but I haven't seen one.

To get it to do what you want though it should only take editing a single line in the product's page. The quantity is stored in a variable and the price is stored in a variable -- rather than display the price just display the result of price X quantity. 

• 11 months later...

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a new site using Prestashop 1.7.2.0
My shop shipping cart is error.My shop create purchase but my shipping cart is not work,I am click add to cart but it is still loading.And then I want to know display price.My shop display price - 0-999 / 1000-1999
But I want display  0 - 5000 / 5001 - 10000 and other. So that I want to change display price.Somebody help me.
Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...