Issues after an update for the database

jrnijzing

Hello People,

I want to update a lot of products by name and description. How can I best do this? 

I was thinking: making an export of the database with Phpmyadmin, searching for the term I want to change/replace and replace all terms at once. Save the changes, import te database.

Is this the correct way of doing this or would it be wiser to manually change all products?

For example: 

We've got 450-500 products with in the description a company name. We changed the name of the company and now we need to change it with all products. Manually would take a day maybe more. With a database export it should work within 10 minutes maybe? 

I've tried this on a shop and since that change the shop doesn't work properly anymore. We no can't add products to cart. 

How do i fix this and what is the best way to approach such a thing? 

regards

Jarno

If it is only about company name and product description then check product page first, does it affected in your product page? I mean does your product page show updated description with company name without any error? It may possible what you did is fine but problem with adding product to cart is different issue.

When you ask for solution it is always good to share screenshots and link of your site where problem happens.