"All Specials" Link is not enabling

Hi All,

I am using PS 1.6.1.3. "All Specials" link is not getting displayed in the Special products screen.

Using Specials block v1.3.1 developed by PS.

I made discount for 5 products and kept the "Product to be displayed" as 3 in the module setup. I am able to see the products in the Special Products page. But not seeing the "All Specials" link in the page.

I have checked the code in the below template file.

themes/default/modules/blockspecials/blockspecials.tpl

i am seeing the code to display the link. But i donno why it is not working.

Can you anyone please help me to fix this issue ?

Regards,

Mani

Edited by manirathnam1988 (see edit history)

There is no "All Specials" link displayed on the homepage. It's only displayed when the module is installed in the left or right column. I don't see any left and right columns on your category pages, so I'm assuming you don't have the module installed there.

You'll need to copy modules/blockspecials/views/templates/hook/blockspecial-home.tpl to themes/default/modules/blockspecials/blockspecial-home.tpl and then add the following from blockspecials.tpl to the end of the file:

<div>
			<a 
            class="btn btn-default button button-small" 
            href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" 
            title="{l s='All specials' mod='blockspecials'}">
                <span>{l s='All specials' mod='blockspecials'}<i class="icon-chevron-right right"></i></span>
            </a>
		</div>

Hopefully, this will add an "All specials" link to the bottom of the homepage special products, though it might need some restyling.

Hi Rocky,

I have tried the steps which you have mentioned. But no luck. Can you please help ?

below is the blockspecial-home.tpl  file code looking after adding the lines. Kept the file in the /themes/default/modules/blockspecials/blockspecial-home.tpl 

{if isset($specials) && $specials}
{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$specials class='blockspecials tab-pane' id='blockspecials'}
{else}
<ul id="blockspecials" class="blockspecials tab-pane">
<li class="alert alert-info">{l s='No special products at this time.' mod='blockspecials'}</li>
</ul>
{/if}
<div>
<a
class="btn btn-default button button-small" 
href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" 
title="{l s='All specials' mod='blockspecials'}">
<span>{l s='All specials' mod='blockspecials'}<i class="icon-chevron-right right"></i></span>
</a>
</div>

Thanks in Advance

Mani

Unfortunately, this ended up being much more difficult than I thought it would be. I did manage to get it to work with the following code:

{if isset($specials) && $specials}
{capture assign="product_list"}{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" products=$specials class='blockspecials tab-pane' id='blockspecials'}{/capture}
{$product_list|replace:'</ul>':''}
<a class="btn btn-default button button-small" href="{$link->getPageLink('prices-drop')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='All specials' mod='blockspecials'}" style="float:left;clear:left;margin:1em;"><span>{l s='All specials' mod='blockspecials'}<i class="icon-chevron-right right"></i></span></a>
</ul>
{else}
<ul id="blockspecials" class="blockspecials tab-pane">
<li class="alert alert-info">{l s='No special products at this time.' mod='blockspecials'}</li>
</ul>
{/if}

Hi Rocky,

I have tried changing the original file itself (for testing purpose.). Now i am seeing the "All Specials" link.

Not sure why it is not reflecting when i keep the files in the themes folder.

I know, it is not recommended to change the original files directly.

Can you please guide me ??

Thanks in advance

Mani

Thanks Rocky.

I have placed the file in the default-bootstrap. Still no luck.

It is working fine when i touch the original file. 

is there any setup do I have to do to get reflect from the themes folder ??

It is little bit urgent. Please advice me on this.

Regards,

Mani

Edited by manirathnam1988 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...