nerdygurl

POS system??

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has thought of creating a pos system were in admin you could add order details yourself??
or would that not work??

Hmm. Manual order entry? That could be useful for folks who sell on eBay and want the order captured in their store.....

Can you stop suggesting stuff!! My "To do" list has grown exponentially!

;-)

Paul

Hahaha I'm sorry just thought it would be handy to alot of people. ;) I'm sure you will get through your list :D your very clever!

That's a really good idea. That way the shop can recieve orders by phone and still be able to keep track of their orders in the shop i.e elimiating the need for a separate system for that.

This has already been suggested - the easiest way to do this is to create a store account (orders@yourwebsite.com) and add products via the front end, then submit the order with this account. You can then add the customer's address and continue the order. It actually works perfectly!

--Kevin

I assume this capability to enter an order in the back-end has not been implemented?

We would like to do it so our staff could take phone orders and still have the information in the system. I suppose the suggestion of an "orders" account might be workable, but I would imagine after a while it could get unwieldy to have many shipping/billing addresses attached to one account, wouldn't it?

Thanks for the consideration!

I am actively working on this. ( for about 2 weeks now ). http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/43711/general_discussion/developing_point_of_sale_module
I'm a seasoned programmer, but a rank amateur with Prestashop and still learning the ins and outs.

I am writing it so that each customer has their own account still where requested.
The POS operator can assume the identity of the customer. Creating a customer account requires no more than an email.
The POS module knows when it's active and shuts down a lot of the other modules to simplify the interface via my Module Modify module.

Where POS customers do not wish to be identified, the identity of a Guest account is assumed.

Barcode scanning and touchscreen support are already done, but will probably have some issues yet.

Security is still a pain. The cookies used for the admin area are not compatible out of the box with the non admin area (they encode the path in the cookie). Security by IP address works now, but could be spoofed.

No.. it's not ready for a demo.

Thanks for the update on the work you are doing.

It sounds like it will be a full-featured solution. We really have simple needs, no touch screen, bar code, or anything else, just the ability to do very simple order entry.

I won't ask you about any timelines, because I know such things can be difficult to pin down. However, I am curious what your plans for the module are... Is it likely to be a donation to the community, or a pay module?

Just FYI: There is a "super user" module out here somewhere, that'll let you assume the identity of any customer.

/Mats

Yeah.. Read something about the super user module. Sounds like now I have a name. Thanks. Haven't looked hard enough to find it yet. Was trying to redirect admin page logins to my POS module on the non admin side with no luck so far cause of the cookie issue. EDIT: Got it and looked over the source. I'll need a bit more to make it work, but a good start. Thanks.

Since I have to hook into virtually the entire order process to do this, I have no idea on a timeline yet.

I have already released one part of it as a donation (Module Modify). The parts that can stand alone will be free.
I haven't decided yet if the overall system is going to be a pay module. I'm putting a lot of time into it. We'll see how I feel when it's done. :)

@mohsart - Thanks for the tip on the "SuperUser" module. For now that may do what we need. Our volume is really low because sales is not our primary thing, but maybe they will pick up once we get a presence online that can take orders.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has thought of creating a pos system were in admin you could add order details yourself??

or would that not work?

Someone already ask that before. I don't think its new here so if you find that kind of stuff at google then that would be helpful or ask possiblepos.com!!