I can only select the default carrier

fireman28

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem where I don´t know what else to do.

For my country, Spain, I have two carriers where our customers can choose one or the other with no restrictions.

It used to work alrigth but one day, customers could only choose the default carrier.

Cart shows both carriers, but if I pick the other, it changes back to the default one. I have tried:

-Deleting and recreating carriers,

-Changing the default carrier

-Flushing cache and forcing compilation

-Getting help from the developer of a popular carrier

-played with the db trying to copy exactly the default carrier

The only thing that worked for a while was with an OPC module we bought which worked for a few months, but now we are back to not being able to choose between carriers (don´t know what triggered the change).

We´ve been suffering this problem since 1.6.0.2 (or so), now we are in 1.6.1.6 and still the same.

Welcome all suggestions.

Many thanks for your attention.

Kindest Regards,

Al

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem where I don´t know what else to do.

For my country, Spain, I have two carriers where our customers can choose one or the other with no restrictions.

It used to work alrigth but one day, customers could only choose the default carrier.

Cart shows both carriers, but if I pick the other, it changes back to the default one. I have tried:

-Deleting and recreating carriers,

-Changing the default carrier

-Flushing cache and forcing compilation

-Getting help from the developer of a popular carrier

-played with the db trying to copy exactly the default carrier

The only thing that worked for a while was with an OPC module we bought which worked for a few months, but now we are back to not being able to choose between carriers (don´t know what triggered the change).

We´ve been suffering this problem since 1.6.0.2 (or so), now we are in 1.6.1.6 and still the same.

Welcome all suggestions.

Many thanks for your attention.

Kindest Regards,

Al

Try this..

back office-->advanced parms-->performance

disable overrides

go test...do you see change in behavior?  

if no change, enable overrides and now disable 3rd party modules

go test...do you see change in behavior

here we try to determine if you have native issue, bad zone/carriers/countnry-->assigned to zone issue, or 3rd party issue....this is specific way to find out if 3rd party issue.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your replies. 

modprestashop: He didn´t know why. I am preparing a test page for him to play around. His module resolved the issue for a while and suddenly (I believe after updating his module) I was back to the problem which I had by default.

selectshop: I tried so many things...the curious thing is that whichever carrier I select as default, that one is the only one my customers can use. If one of the carriers was misconfigured, I guess it would not be possible to select it at all.

One of the carriers (the one that should not be the default one) is exclusive to a particular zone, and if there is a customer from such zone, it works perfectly. Moreover, I can trick the system around by selecting first a province from such zone and back to a province outside of it and it remains selected (but I cannot change to the other one until I refresh) 

El Patron; Good suggestion. I will start by checking for 3rd party issues. Hopefully that could narrow the culprit. I will upgrade to 1.6.1.7 this weekend and work on it

I will come back to share my findings (if any)

Thanks again for your assistance.

Al

According to the behaviour you are describing, it is not a misconfiguration. The best thing is to disable all overrides and non-native modules for to check with a test, if it is working (ElPatron's second suggestion).

Upgrade only if necessary, I suggest you before debug the error. An upgrade will not solve the problem. if it is coming from a third party module/override.

Hi guys,

I had a bit of time today and found the issue. Perhaps quite an obvious step for more advanced users...

Following El Patron's advice, I started by disabling overrrides and I could select the carrier properly in the standard PS checkout (the third party OPC module stopped working). Back to ON (the overrides) the problem persisted. 

Almost panicking not knowing what file inside the \override folder was causing it, found a readme_override.txt file telling me about the behaviour of the  /cache/class_index.php file when adding or removing overrides . I deleted it and....Bingo!! Works as it should.

Thanks to all.

Cheers!

Al

PS. It is not perfect, Still a few hiccups but much better. BTW....how do I mark this topic as solved?

Edited by fireman28 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have identica situation. Disabling overrides does not help. I also removed all carriers and added them again. I tlooks like there is no carrier choosing step at all.

I have prestashop 1.7.2.3, no opc modules, no /cache/class_index.php  file. Any ideas?

sklad.jpg

============================

The reason for this behaviour was that tested product was virtual so there was no choice of carrier and default carrier cost was 0.

Edited by sitte
solution (see edit history)