[Free Module] Send Sms, Send Text Messages, Increase Loyaltie And Improve Your Sales !

Compatibility : Prestashop 1.2.x, 1.3.x, 1.4.x, 1.5.x

Languages : French, English, Spanish, Russian, Italian

Current version : 1.16

This module allows you to send text messages (SMS) to targeted cell-phones during various events, to the customer and/or administrator of a prestashop store.

It is similar to the tm4b module that comes standard with Prestashop, but is much more complete and customizable.

Its goal is not to replace the different messages sent by the system, but to supplement the system to provide the administrator with immediate access to information, whether at his computer or not; to increase sales potential through powerful messages that reach their target in 100% of cases (as opposed to emails that can very easily end up as SPAM); and to provide quality services that give customers the feeling of being pampered, making them want to come back.

Personally, when I place an online order and I receive a text message telling me it's been shipped, I find it GREAT!

To use this module, you first create an account on the website permitting to send the text messages: http://www.smsworldsender.com, then fund your account with the amount you want.

The cost to send a text message depends on the recipient's country : See price list

Here are the module's features:

* All UTF-8 characters are supported (e.g. : chinese, arabic, greek...)

* Check you account with the text-messaging remote platform, www.smsworldsender.com

* Send text messages in France and abroad

* Send text messages to the administrator during these events: account creation, new online order, low products stocks, receipt of a message using the ‘contact form', merchandize return's request received from a customer

* Send text messages to the customer during these events: new online order (order confirmation), account creation (welcome message), change in order status (you can send as many different text messages as there are statuses), Tracking number updated, message sent using the contact form, lost password

* Activation / deactivation of all these events independently of each other

* Customization of all text messages sent, and possible use of variable fields. For example, for the creation of a new account: "{firstname} {lastname}, welcome to {shopname}. Don't forget our coupon code ABC123 valid until 08/12/2011. See you soon! {Shopurl}".

* Automatic conversion of clients' account numbers to the international format, depending on their country

* Log of all text messages sent (date, content, recipient, event, delivery status: OK or KO, etc. ....)

* Simulation Mode, to test messages without actually sending them.

* Statistics page about your usage of the text messaging service (total messages sent, delivery status %, orders % where the customer agrees to the option ...)

* Send free text messages to the recipient of your choice, to say hello to your sweetheart, for example, or to send a client an urgent question / urgent answer

* Customize the sender's name (11 characters max, which appear in place of the phone number)

* Alert if your account is running low on funds

* Daily Report about the shop's activity

* Send a message to a customer to inform him of the availability of an out of stock product. This option requires prior installation and activation of the "mailalerts" module.

* Compatibility with the module onepagecheckout

AND FINALLY:

* Ability to offer the text messaging option to customers (to know about changes of order status) while finalizing their order (right after choosing the shipping option). This option allows the seller to set the price for this service freely and increase their margin!

New functionality to come with Version 2

* Send bulk text messages, similar to a newsletter, with option to selectively filter customers. It is then easy to imagine running your advertisement campaign, announcing sales or the release of a new product, or distributing coupon codes this way... Because text messages are always read!

* Many surprises

Installation

Installing this module could not be simpler: 1 click, and presto, there's a new tab in your BO (a real one, not a sub-menu!).

A video is available to guide you step by step:

See the /readme/README-EN.txt for the installation's information.

Please register to our newsletter to stay informed : Newsletter SendSMS

You can donate if you like this module : Donate !

hello, I tried to install the module you give generously, however when I unzip the file that is oddly empty. The module works? Thank you for your answer.

Hello,

Yes it perfectly works, and as you can see on the first page of this thread, the file size is not 0... I don't understand your problem, i downloaded it and could open it without any problem.

Maybe try to download it with another browser ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

The new version with mass sending feature, for marketing campaigns, is actually in development.

Good news, it will be perfectly compatible with OnePageCheckout.

I'm actually working on a version only available for prestashop 1.4 and 1.5.

Are you a lot still using prestashop 1.3.x ?

I'm actually working on a version only available for prestashop 1.4 and 1.5.

Are you a lot still using prestashop 1.3.x ?

We are using 1.4 and 1.5, can I suggest any new feature?

I would like to receive an e-mail when the SMS is not delivered, is it possible?

Hello,

To be sure the SMS have not been sent, check on the SMS plateform www.smsworldsender.com. I'm not sure that all the message they send back to the module were handled correctly in the module. Maybe they have changed something in some case.

But in the new version the module will display the real state of the SMS on the plateform. Each time a SMS will be delivered or in error in the plateform, your shop will be synchronized automatically.

To be sure the SMS have not been sent, check on the SMS plateform www.smsworldsender.com. I'm not sure that all the message they send back to the module were handled correctly in the module. Maybe they have changed something in some case.

But in the new version the module will display the real state of the SMS on the plateform. Each time a SMS will be delivered or in error in the plateform, your shop will be synchronized automatically.

Thanks Patanock, the platform on www.smsworldsender.com shows no error so I expect the SMS to be delivered correctly.

When do you expect the new version to be released?

navid68 : I did a test too, and as I suggested they changed the return message I used in the module to display the status. So message was sent, but your shop didn't display the real status. It has been fixed now, it should work correctly.

I'm working very hard on the new version every days, it will be released in December.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I use PS 1.5.5 and I installed sendsms the latest version for 1.5. I have paid 20€ but when I order something this module does not appear in cart. I made everything as on the video

The new version (2.0) is available on the first oage of this post !

What's new ?

- compatibility with prestashop 1.6

- compatibility with OnePageCheckout to sell the SMS option to your customer

- Ability to make marketing campaign allowing to send bulk SMS (special offers, discount code, new products...)

Installation :

1) The old SendSMS module (version 1) is already installed on your shop :

First, please make a backup of the « overrides » folder of your FTP.

Then remove all the overrides created by the old module :

- controllers : CartController, OrderController, OrderOpcController, PasswordController

- classes : Mail

Be carefull, these files could have been modified by another module. In that case, just remove the code corresponding to the SendSMS module. If you don’t know how to do it, please contact me.

Now please remove the file class_index.php in the folder /cache of your shop (if it exists), and flush the smarty cache from your back-end.

In your back-end, Install the SendSMS v2 module by selecting the new zip file.

Now you can completely uninstall and remove the old module.

2) The old SendSMS module has never been installed on your shop :

In your back-end, Install the SendSMS v2 module by selecting the new zip file.

Edited by Patanock - PrestaPlugins (see edit history)

Hi, its working now, thanks.

but now it is only in english and after Terms of Service

- I would like to get it how in product text. not only "I want to receive notification by SMS when my order status change"

- It will be better if it goes first before terms of service.

thanks a lot

and what about german, italian, english? I need these languages to use. how can I make translations? wasn't it in old version? in your video there is shown how to make descriptions in various languages, it also didn't work there?

You can do it in the translation tab in your back-end, as usual...

You choose "modules" in the dropdown list, then find sendsms2 and translate all labels...

I couldn't keep the old translation, there was too many changes in the module, and I don't speak these languages.

And if you're talking about translating the text of the SMS, you can click the flag in the "Messages management" tab and set your text by language as it was in the old version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sirs,

Would be possible to use this service through another SMS sender? For example, Zenvia in Brazil?

We have worked with some senders but in Brazil, Zenvia has been the only sender that delivers immediately the SMS messages.

Thanks.

Paulo.

If a version 1.X of the module is currently installed on your shop, please follow these instructions to install the new 2.x version of the module : Installation

Update version 2.0.1

The uninstallation of the old sendsms 1.x after the installation of the new module sendsms2 v2.0.0 remove a table from the database, causing the new module to not function anymore (ps_sendsms_phone_prefix).

That new version fix that issue by checking if the table exists and creating it if it doesn't.

Installation : just overwrite the files on your FTP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Thanks for the update , but why all text are showing not good ?

actif ?

actionCustomerAccountAdd_default_admin

why show like this ? hard to know what to use 

Hum.... it shouldn't happen, there's something wrong with your shop.

Did you use the old sendsms module before installing this new one ?

If you want, you can send me a private message with an access to your shop (FTP + back-end) and I will check.

Hi, I have one question:

if the mobile number is not correct and sms can not be sent, I must pay for this sms? anyway those sms are always "sent"...

how I know if they are sent or not? 

If the mobile number is really wrong (bad format) it is not sent.

If it seems correct but it doesn't exist, you pay for it, because the platform pay for it too...

Actually the module only display the status between the shop and the platform, that's why you always see "sent", but in a future release it will display the real status between the platform and the final operator, so you will see if a SMS has not really been delivered.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, if we choose, the client buy sms notifications, how much is the price for how many sms? If client buy a x number of sms, what happened if run outs all his sms?

The "package" that client buy, is for 1 order?? and how many sms are that?

can you explain more about that? thx

and my SECOND problem.

I have Greek language only for my Presta. where are the english messages to translate them??? (look the pic)

post-796323-0-18733700-1401743799_thumb.jpg

thanks a lot and sorry for my english

Edited by iGiorgis (see edit history)

iGiorgis : You can decide the price, you have to create a product representing the SMS option (check the video, link in the module description). The number of SMS depends of the events you checked, you decide that too... And yes, it's only for the current order.

About the translations, which version of the module are you using ?

You can find all the english translations in the en.php file in the module folder.

iGiorgis : You can decide the price, you have to create a product representing the SMS option (check the video, link in the module description). The number of SMS depends of the events you checked, you decide that too... And yes, it's only for the current order.

About the translations, which version of the module are you using ?

You can find all the english translations in the en.php file in the module folder.

i have installed SendSMS v2 (2.0.1) but i dont see any link for video demonstration! only a link for pdf guide!

about translations: I told you before my site have only Greek language (el). what i do for this?

I must create a second php with name : el.php and translate it to Greek????

about sms: how clients must write their phone numbers to receive sms? with +30 or normal number only

Must I check every mobile number of my clients ??? and what happened if they write the number without +30??

Edited by iGiorgis (see edit history)

Here is the video, it's with an old version of the module, but the configuration of the product is still the same :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x7x7IDfWjE

About translations, yes duplicate the en.php file to your language, then try to reset the messages (button at the bottom of the form).

Customers can write their number with "+" or in your national format, the system will automatically try to format it correctly.

You don't have to check anything.

• 8 months later...

Update version 2.0.2

Website www.smsworldsender.com will be closed in a few months.

Octopush is the Smsworldsender parent company, the module will now use the API from www.octopush.com which is better, faster, stronger, cheaper...

All prices have been lowered : check the prices

If you already have an account on www.smsworldsender.com with credits, don't update now. You still have a few months to spent it.

But if you don't have credits anymore, please register on Octopush website and update the module.

That new API is particularly optimized for marketing campaigns that you can build really easily directly from your shop.

This version is compatible from Prestashop 1.4.x to Prestashop 1.6.x

Installation : just overwrite the files on your FTP.

Enjoy :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 25.8.2010 at 9:14 AM, Patanock - PrestaPlugins said:

Hello,

To make some test with international number i would need some beta tester.
Does any of you accepts to receive just 1 test SMS, and tell me if everything is ok ?

If yes, please give me your number and country by private message.

Thx

Hello, you can try with my number from Serbia +381652745209

Best Regards

Igor

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2010 at 12:25 PM, Patanock - PrestaPlugins said:

New countries available on the SMS Gateway :
* United States (new mobile's operators added)
* Jersey
* Christmas Island
* Cocos (Keeling) Islands
* Mayotte

Hi, can you add the Romania Country?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi.. tnx for the plugin (and sorry for bumping a kind of old thread).. I m located in Greece (as I saw it cover it fine). I want to use it not only for info to customers (about orders etc) but also for registration (using mobile number instead of email) of a customer.. with 2-way auth.. (customer registers to eshop with mobile -> we send an activation code to customer via sms -> he types the code on web to activate account..)

We have lots of wrong numbers (and fake emails) and I think this will 'clear' out things..

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 7:41 PM, Patanock - PrestaPlugins said:

Hello,

Are you asking if it is possible with the module, or are you asking for a custom development ?

Hi,

I am asking about if possible with this module (or some other you are aware of).