[Free Module] Send Sms, Send Text Messages, Increase Loyaltie And Improve Your Sales !

Current version : 2.1.0

Compatibility : Prestashop 1.5.x (1.16), 1.6.x (2.0.3), 1.7.x (2.1.0)
Languages : French, English

This module allows you to send text messages (SMS) to targeted cell-phones during various events, to the customer and/or administrator of a prestashop store.

Its goal is not to replace the different messages sent by the system, but to supplement the system to provide the administrator with immediate access to information, whether at his computer or not; to increase sales potential through powerful messages that reach their target in 100% of cases (as opposed to emails that can very easily end up as SPAM); and to provide quality services that give customers the feeling of being pampered, making them want to come back.

Personally, when I place an online order and I receive a text message telling me it's been shipped, I find it GREAT!

To use this module, you first create an account on the website permitting to send the text messages: http://www.octopush.com, then fund your account with the amount you want.
The cost to send a text message depends on the recipient's country : See price list

Here are the module's features:
* All UTF-8 characters are supported (e.g. : chinese, arabic, greek...)
* Check you account with the text-messaging remote platform, www.octopush.com
* Send text messages in France and abroad
* Send text messages to the administrator during these events: account creation, new online order, low products stocks, receipt of a message using the ‘contact form', merchandize return's request received from a customer
* Send text messages to the customer during these events: new online order (order confirmation), account creation (welcome message), change in order status (you can send as many different text messages as there are statuses), Tracking number updated, message sent using the contact form, lost password
* Activation / deactivation of all these events independently of each other
* Customization of all text messages sent, and possible use of variable fields. For example, for the creation of a new account: "{firstname} {lastname}, welcome to {shopname}. Don't forget our coupon code ABC123 valid until 08/12/2011. See you soon! {Shopurl}".
* Automatic conversion of clients' account numbers to the international format, depending on their country
* Log of all text messages sent (date, content, recipient, event, delivery status: OK or KO, etc. ....)
* Simulation Mode, to test messages without actually sending them.
* Statistics page about your usage of the text messaging service (total messages sent, delivery status %, orders % where the customer agrees to the option ...)
* Send free text messages to the recipient of your choice, to say hello to your sweetheart, for example, or to send a client an urgent question / urgent answer
* Customize the sender's name (11 characters max, which appear in place of the phone number)
* Alert if your account is running low on funds
* Daily Report about the shop's activity
* Send a message to a customer to inform him of the availability of an out of stock product. This option requires prior installation and activation of the "mailalerts" module.
* Compatibility with the module onepagecheckout

AND FINALLY:
* Ability to offer the text messaging option to customers (to know about changes of order status) while finalizing their order (right after choosing the shipping option). This option allows the seller to set the price for this service freely and increase their margin!
* Send bulk text messages, similar to a newsletter, with option to selectively filter customers. It is then easy to imagine running your advertisement campaign, announcing sales or the release of a new product, or distributing coupon codes this way... Because text messages are always read!

Please register to our newsletter to stay informed : Newsletter SendSMS

You can donate if you like this module : Donate !

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot1.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot2.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot4.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot5.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot6.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot7.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot8.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot9.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot10.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot11.png

send-sms-prestashop-screenshot12.png

sendsms-v1.16_for_presta1.5.zip sendsms2-v2.1.0.zip sendsms2-v2.0.3.zip

Edited by Patanock - PrestaPlugins
Version 2.1.0 compatible with Prestashop 1.7.x (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry again for my bad english level... I hope you will understand me ;-)

I'm very happy to announce that the first release of this module is almost ready.

It can acutally do the following :
* Give you the number of SMS available on your account (account will have to be created on our SMS gateway before using module)
* Send SMS to the admin on this events : new order, account creation, product out of stock, contact message
* Send SMS to customers on this events : new order (order confirmation for example), account creation (welcome message), order status change (all status are independant)
* Activate/desactivate all the events separatly
* Customize each text using available variables, for example on account creation : "{firstname} {lastname}, welcome on {shopname} {shopurl}".
* Convert mobile number before sending, to the international format (have to test it hard, cause lot of exception...)
* Show you log of all messages sent by system (date, text, receiver information, event, status : OK or KO)
* Choose to send Standart SMS (cheaper) or PRO SMS (customize sender, join many SMS cause long text as one...)

It will probably do the following too, but maybe in a second release, or maybe for the first one, we will see... :
* send SMS to a list of customers just like a newsletter. This way, you can easily offer voucher, tell about your promotion etc... because everyone read its SMS and there's no SPAM filter ! Really better than a mail.
* send SMS to customer on "product now available" (will probably require mailalerts module to be installed)
* send Daily report to the admin

I'm actually working on an option to make this SMS notification an order option for the customer, so you can sell it as a service, and it won't charge you !

I really hope you will like it. This module will be released in September.

If you have more ideas, please let me know !

Yann

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

can you please also add a SMS verification to the module? After the customer has placed an order and paid, he has to confirm his number with a verifictation code, that is sent to him. This would avoid payment fraud.

Do you still need beta tester? I can give you a number for Germany.

best regards

Up

Development completed :
* Give you the number of SMS available on your account (account will have to be created on our SMS gateway before using module)
* Send SMS to France or international
* Send SMS to the admin on this events : new order, account creation, product out of stock, contact message
* Send SMS to customers on this events : new order (order confirmation for example), account creation (welcome message), order status change (all status are independant, can even send for custom status)
* Activate/desactivate all the events separatly
* Customize each text using available variables, for example on account creation : "{firstname} {lastname}, welcome on {shopname} {shopurl}".
* Convert mobile number before sending, to the international format
* Show you log of all messages sent by system (date, text, receiver information, event, status : OK or KO
* Simulation mode, to test without sending SMS
* Stats about use of the SMS service (total sent, % by state, % orders with SMS notifications subscribed)
* Send free SMS, to your Mom, or to customer to ask/answer something for example
* Customize sender (11 char max)
* Alert sent to admin when almost no more credit on his account
* Daily report of his shop activity
* send SMS to customer on "product now available" (will probably require mailalerts module to be installed)
AND THE BEST
* Option to make this SMS notification an order option for the customer, so you can sell it as a service, and it won’t charge you !

Todo list :
* Verify new version of the module
* Make an option to set the mobile number field mandatory (or not) on account creation for the customer.
* send SMS to a list of customers just like a newsletter. This way, you can easily offer voucher, tell about your promotion etc... because everyone read its SMS and there's no SPAM filter ! Really better than a mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Done.

Module is over in his first version, i just need anyone able to translate him to english, spanish, or whatever language prestashop can use.
I'll give you promotion on this module for your help.

Contact me by PM please...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi puffastogie,

Actually, module is ready but website is not yet, we had to make a lot of change to adapt it to a prestashop use.
We are working hard to finish it this week. So if everything is ok, it should be available next week.

Regarding to "verizon wireless service", i don't know anything about it. Could you explain please ?
Is that a mobile US network ?

If so, you can give me a number (by PM) and i'll send you a test message to see if we can reach it with the module.

Hey All,

this is a great idea for both clients and admin. I see we do have the module on the back end but when I tried to used it, it told me there was an error...... then I realized it needed a carried lol! for the U.S, there is plenty of free text messaging services we can use FOR FREE the most stable one I can see is Google Voice. if there is a way to create a small module that interacts with it, I think it would be a great option (for the U.S only as they are still developing elsewhere)

I would love to be able to have this option once is up please keep us updated!!!!

BTW, I hope we dont have to install another version of PrestaShop just for this module :cheese: ... I'm a newbie and really interested in practicing with PS but the main store that I want this for will be an actual store that I will try to update the least possible (IT wise)

Hi jeeniejolie, what is your version of Prestashop ?
If you're affraid about updating, maybe you should delegate the update to an expert, or try an autoupdate module (jeckyl's one for example) ?

Regarding google invoice, I still didn't investigate about what it can do, but it's a great idea if it can do the same thing as a SMS.
Will have a look on this when i have time :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v1.4 has been released with lots of improvments !

* If you decided to remove the module without restoring your order.php file, then you could'nt get orders anymore. Fix is now available, see README chapter 1 of the modifications part.
* Some of you didn't have the "postUpdateOrderStatus" hook in their database, probably due to a bad upgrade of your shop. Installing the sendsms module will now create it if he is missing.
* Removing and reinstalling the module won't empty the messages history anymore (neither the stats).
* Connection to the SMS gateway will now try to use curl protocol first, then fsockopen if curl is disabled on your server.
* New SMS event can be activated to notify the customer with his tracking number (see README, you need to modify the AdminOrders.php file)
* New SMS event can be activated to thank the customer when he sends a message using the contact form (see README, code to paste into contact-form.php has changed).
* New translations and some improvments
* README file is more complete.
* README.txt splitted in README-EN.txt for english people, and README-FR.txt for french people

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

v2 with the bulk sms functionality is not over yet, but if you want to send many SMS to announce your special offers or to say "happy new year" to your customer, the sms gateway used by the module (www.smsworldsender.com) can do it for you.
You can create a campaign by entering your phone numbers, or from an excel file containing the phone numbers.

If you are interested, please contact me, i will guide you because the website is not yet translated in english.

• 3 weeks later...

Sendsms update 1.7 has been released

* Error fixed : sometimes, bad product name was sent when a product were available again and a customer asked to be notified.
* Error fixed : removing module forgot to remove some sendsms configuration's parameters
* Error fixed : bad encoding characters was sent in the SMS with the event "When a customer send a message using the contact form"
* New event : You can now be notified by SMS when a customer ask to return some merchandise
* New event : If a customer has lost his password, he will receive it by email and SMS, if you activated the event (need a modification in the core file password.php - See README)
* New language : italian translation has been included in the module (90% complete).

You need to reinstall the module to correct these bugs and to be able to use the new events.
Think to save your custom translations, and your SMS texts before removing the module.

New version enclosed.
If you need help installing this new update, just contact me.

Many surprises are in progress for a future release... One of them should incredibly increase your sales !
I won't say more about it for the moment... be patient :-)

Hello patanock,

Thanks for the update off the SMS module.

Question off topic

Do you have a release date for a updated version Off ShowMeTheDiff ?.
I have buy this a while ago and still curious off the changes we talked about is gona be integrated in a possible new version.

Best regards,

ysco..

• 2 weeks later...

Sendsms update 1.8 has been released

* Compatibility with version 1.4.x of Prestashop !!!
* The option to sell the SMS service is now visible in the front office, even if account is empty or simulation mode is enabled.
* Installing the module will now make automatically all the modifications required in the prestashop files. If you're using version 1.4.x of prestashop, you just have to copy/paste files from /sendsms/override/controllers into override/controllers in the Prestashop home directory.
* A new block in the "SMS" tab indicates if files ares correctly configurated or not.
* Code improvments

Zip file now include both versions, one for 1.2 or 1.3 users ("presta.1.2.x-1.3.x" folder), and another one for 1.4 users ('presta.1.4.x' folder).
Unzip and install only the "sendsms" folder corresponding to your version of Prestashop into your module directory.

Module for 1.4.x users is not yet able to sell the option in the Guest Checkout process, neither in the Onepagecheckout process.
But everything is fine except this.

No need to reinstall the module to get these improvments.
If you need help installing this new update, let me know.

Yann

Patanock

Great work and also love the stickermania site. Where can I get a copy of the header code its awsome. It would be great to modify for the 1.4 site I'm working on to add this.

Can you point me in the right direction?

my 1.4 site development :- www.shorts4u.com/store

Regards

pinkloveshy

• 1 month later...

Sendsms update 1.10 has been released

* Major bugs fixed in the 1.4.x version : changes made ​​in version 1.4.0.14 Prestashop and not reported on the module, could cause problems with the sale of the option, the contact form, or the lost password functionality.

No need to reinstall the module to get these improvments, just unzip the "override" folder in your FTP into the override directory.

Yann

No way to get 12 chars, this is SMS protocole specifications.

Then, SMS length is 160 chars if you use "normal" chars, but it becomes 70 chars if you use special UTF-8 chars.
It's again SMS protocole specifications, and it's written in the module.

You can remove the variables like {firstname}, {lastname} if you want to be sure not to send "special chars" and use 160 chars.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this awsome module! :)

I have a question for you:
When I receive an SMS notification, I receive it from number +596238etc even if I set at "sender" the "shopname".
How can my shop send the SMS notification as "shopname" and not as +59326856 ?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Sendsms update 1.12 has been released

This update only concerns users of version 1.4.x of PrestaShop

The 1.4.2.5 update of PrestaShop has resulted in several malfunction :
* Fixed a bug that could prevent the order process to function correctly (order is confirmed, but not present in the back-office).
* Display bug for tabs under the SMS tab
* Bug in translation, all appeared in English
* File AdminOrders.php (necessary for sending the tracking number) was not modified anymore when installing the module

Other corrections were made:
* Formatting dates compatible with older versions of PHP
* Update of PasswordController and ContactController

To enjoy all these corrections, overwrite the old files on your FTP, and copy the files from the "override" folder, into the "override" folder on your FTP.

It is not necessary to reinstall the module (unless you have the bug for tabs).

Feel free to contact me if something goes wrong.

Enjoy :)

• 4 weeks later...
nice modul but is there any option to change language on http://www.smsworldsender.com/index.php to english? not with Google translate.

sorry, I don't understand France lang.
I'm interesting to use thier services.
Thanks

Please use Google Chrome. Google Chrome comes with a translate feature. It will automatically translate French into English.

You can click on the english flag, but translation is not really good, they just used google translate to make it as fast as possible.
But i think it's enough to understand.

We are working on a new version for the website, we will then translate it with good english ;)

You can click on the english flag, but translation is not really good, they just used google translate to make it as fast as possible.
But i think it's enough to understand.

We are working on a new version for the website, we will then translate it with good english ;)

I have click english flag but nothing happen :hammer

OK while waiting for new web , I will use google translator ;)

• 5 months later...

Sendsms update 1.13 has been released

This update only concerns users of version 1.4.x of PrestaShop

The module wasn't able to install correctly with Prestashop 1.4.5.x and more. This bug has been fixed.

Edit : bug not fixed for Presta 1.4.5.1 which is caused by a bad code in the core of Prestashop then corrected in the next versions.

• 6 months later...

Hi Patanock,

after buying the credit for sms, we have installed and configured you module: thank you, it's really well done. The configuration was very simple with all cases and examples very clear. The video was also a great idea to teach how to use the module.

(question) My problem was configuration of the sender which can not be domain.com. In my understanding the dot is not accepted in the sender name, can you confirm?

(suggestion) Here is a suggestion to improve the module. Right now the customer needs to add the international code with the mobile number or the module will not be able to send the sms. To make it easier for customers and to make sure the module can send the sms (in our case we need mainly to send the confirmation orders), can the module add automatically the country code from the country of the address?

I think managing automatically the country phone codes adds extra value to the service.

All our website is in the local language (Italian) and the the customer does not insert the country code for the land lane number in the registration, so the customer does not expect to write the country code for the mobile number. I was the first one to make this mistake :-)

My original request was to have a default country (because most our orders come from Italy) and then realized that probably the module can always check if the mobile number includes the country code as the country is choosen in the registration form. What do you think?

(question+suggestion) What happens if the SMS is not delivered because the phone number is not existing? and what happens if the phone is off and the SMS is not delivered?

Apparently it is shown in the statistics page of the module. Is it possible for the e-commerce administrator to receive a notification by e-mail? Perhaps the customer has done a mistake or perhaps it's a fake order. We intend to use it as a parameter to find fake orders.

Many thanks for your help

Navid

Patanock, my idea of finding fake orders is a real problem, there is a company called OnVerify.com that offers a service to reduce frauds and charge back with automatic phone user verifications.

They even offer a free Module for phone verification by OnVerify (http://www.prestasho...le-by-onverify/), interesting service but to complicated and expensive for us

My idea of receiving a notification for not delivered SMS is exactly to prevent frauds.

Navid

Hi Navid,

Sorry i didn't receive any notice for your messages.

Actually the module automatically add the prefix if the user didn't already used it.

- If the number starts with +, the module use it as entered.

- If the number starts with 00 or 0, they are replaced by + and the country prefix corresponding to the country entered in the address of the customer.

- If the number starts with the country prefix, the module add +

If you were in that case and it didn't work, i'm interested to get more details ;)

If you think i forgot a situation, please let me know.

Now, if the phone number is not valid or the phone is off, you're charged for the SMS. It's your responsability to provide good numbers... The statistics in the module just display the status when the SMS leave your shop, not the real status in the SMS gateway, because it's not in live !! Your SMS can be rejected after many attempt, 2 or 3 days after...

Normally, you can check the real status on smsworldsender.

A next release of the module should be able to synchronize the status on your shop (but i didn't start it yet, no time !!)

I will have a look on the OnVerify module, maybe it can be added or i can suggest to smsworldsender to propose that service...

Yann

Hi Patanock,

your module is very well done and covers standard functions, but knowing my customers (Italians) they will never add the country code (++39 or 0039) even if it is written next the to field for the mobile number.

So I had an idea: as the customer chooses the country for the shipping address of the goods, do you think the module can compare the mobile number with the country in the address and if there is a difference then the module can add the correct one?

The second request is about the SMS delivery. If the SMS is not delivered, can I have a sms back or an e-mail message informing that it was not delivered? Of course, if the report is by sms then it charges (reduces) the credit on www.smsworldsender.com, while the report by e-mail is free.

It would be nice to show the report in the back office of PrestaShop, but not really necessary.

Was my explanation better this time?

Navid

• 2 weeks later...

a few days ago, some problems appear on the sms messages sent. the greek characters do not appear ok on the sms devices.

on the backend, everything looks ok, the messages on the history are ok.

is there a change on the sms gateway? especially with non english characters?

i still have v1.12

Hi Pantanock

Gr8 module, we have now used it for over 7month, and it work almost 100% everyday. But u write about a new version.. 8 month ago..

any news about a update. would be gr8 if u could send some automatic news update to costomers.

Aupino

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pantanock,

in the sender setup, in the sender's name is it possible to write a name with a dot (website.it) or a space (website it)?

I tried different ways but don't find a way to do it.

Because we are on-line shop, it would be nice to use the website name as the sender's name, is it possible?

Navid

Sorry it's not possible, only digits or letters. It's the standart rules of the SMS, i can't do anything about it.

Just write your website name without ".it", your customer know that's ".it" because they've already visited your website.

OK thanks, it's just that customers forget very easily!

Navid

Hi there, I have created an account, I have installed the module, but I have one red exclamation mark with this note: "AdminOrders.php - This file doesn't contain the sendsms modification"

could you please point me to the place where I can find instructions how to fix this

Thank you in advance

Hi to all, I have found in readme/changes.zip the file: AdminOrders.php but I can not identify what was changed from the original file, so I could update my version, there are 101 lines different since the version 2 years ago, will we have an updated file or a list of changes that we have to perform?, I can not just replace the file on my 1.4.8.3 with the one in the zip. Huge thanks in advance

Hello cogeanumarius,

in the readme file you will find it :

- Add this in the postProcess function in AdminOrder.php in the /youradmin/tabs directory (see AdminOrder.php in changes.zip)

Module::hookExec('sendsmsShippingNumber', array('customer' => $customer, 'order' => $order, 'carrier' => $carrier));

So just search for that line, and then report it in your own file at the same place.

• Like 1

you are right Patanock,

I found it in the readme, it is now crystal clear to me, it was eady to add it, but you could also add anewer example in your next release, I have added 10euro and fired some dummy orders to see how it works, all is fine, except that you are charged 2 smses when you are using special characters :D

maybe one more things I can not get the meaning of this note in the readme file: "- Customize file sendsms.tpl in the sendsms module, with your own theme" where should I modify the file so that it will apear on my order [process, because at the moment I have no checkbox for the customer to mark that they would like to receive smses.

Huge thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed this module, and have been using it for approx a week. I have now had a couple of orders, and I have received SMS message for the new orders, but it doesn't appear that my customers are getting SMS messages? I have looked in the SMS history tab, but nothing is appearing apart from the SMS messages to me.

Hi, please see attached screen shots of configuration

I have set it up to 'sell' the SMS however I have set the product for use with SMS to £0.00, so it is still free for my customers

The reason for this is I like my customers to have the option, but not pay for it. If I set option to free, my customers wont have the option for SMS messages.

Also, will it take the number from the 'Phone' field or 'Mobile' field. Most of my customers only enter something in the 'Mobile' field.

sms1.jpg

sms2.jpg

sms4.jpg

Edited by apayne (see edit history)

Ok, you did it well, it's how you have to do if you want to offer the service to the customer but with the choice.

Your settings seems ok.

The AdminOrders file is not ok, but it's only for sending the delivery number, so if you don't activate it you don't need it.

Stupid question, but do you still have enought credits on www.smsworldsender.com ?

Can you see the SMS product in the order detail ?

The number used is the MOBILE NUMBER in the FIRST ADDRESS of the customer account, not the one in the invoice address, so check if your customer have entered their phone number here. But normally, if they didn't, they can't choose the option.

Yann

Yes, SMS notification product is appearing in the order, and the customer has only one address with a mobile number entered.

I noticed under each customer option is 'Sent only if customer paid for the option'

However, not all options show this message... does it check for if the cutomer paid? Is it because I am offering the service free?

I am at a loss?

Also, I definately have enough credit. SMS messages are coming to my number OK on new order.

Hi joewiz,

You probably didn't read the README file contained in the zip...

You have to install it using your FTP software, you can't do it by uploading directly in the module tab.

You have first to choose your version, 1.2.x-1.3.x or 1.4.x corresponding to your prestashop version, then put the sendsms folder contained in that version on your FTP.

Then install it normally.

Hi Again,

I use version 1.15. I look forward the next big upgrade and hope you can solve the OPC issue. I need my customers to activly choose this option (even if I offer it for free). Some customer may not want to have automatic information by SMS. How can I solve this. Currently the SMS-Hook information does not appear at all on OPC page.

/Alex