Getting error while regenerating images

Hey 

I have a fresh installation of Prestashop and uploaded a new theme but when I click regenerate images it shows me this error  "Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions."

I am regenerating thumbnails here - http://prnt.sc/cfqev4

I know this is based on folder permission error.Please let me know how can I grant permission to the images folder, I have tried here http://prnt.sc/cfqg1k but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

The error is very clear the folder or images in it does not have writing permission. 

As I understand correctly you tried to change permissions but it did not help.

Does the group you choose really do file upload and other stuff?

Thanks for your reply

my website main directory is laralapa.com so ,I choose the img folder in the same directory.

Do I have to choose another img folder to make changes in permissions ?

I am confused which folders should I write permissions.I contacted my hosting provider  (quoting them as under)

"hi

as it is a windows server and permissions like 777 or 755 belong to Apache server are not there, and are controlled by IIS

Pl ask them what it should be on a windows server with latest Plesk 12 control panel "

Thanks

Danny

I did not say to set permissions 777 :) Did you google that or your hosting provided google that?

If he google that why he could not google how to properly set up server?

I do not have experience with Windows but in Linux writing permissions can be set correctly BUT the access right to the folder set incorrectly.

Lets say for example file upload and image writing is handled by Apache user (or it can be System) and that user is in the different user group than FTP user and writing access is given only to FTP user. So you have to give permissions to the user who does image upload usually it is a different user/group than the one who can access files via FTP.

I hope I gave you an idea how to find correct path.