Translation language pack not getting active

TekniskM

Just started up a Prestashop 1.6.1.6 shop for demo purposes 2 days ago and found a bug in translations module.

I have imported Norwegian 100% 1.6.1.6 translation pack, I can even see the file getting made in themes/default/lang and when edition that file it seems that all translations is shown there.

But most modules does not get updated in front end, so then i take a look at Manual change translations of store/front-end And all 1039 fields are empty. If i fill out a few of the fields manually it shows in the frontend but i cannot locate it in any files after. 

Back-end seems to be updated correctly. Not tested any e-mail templates or anything as the front end is the only important factor here.

I really would like to import this package and not have to manually do all the translations myselves.

Summary:

- Fresh install PS 1.6.1.6

- Wizard is Norwegian and I choose only to use norwegian language.

- Shopping cart still in english, trying to install language pack

- Receives error about max_vars, corrects it and install language pack all over again.

- Installing english and sweedish language pack, remove norwegian and still no change.

- Reinstall nor-pack and revert changes to default language. still same.

- Also for every install of language pack the changes that i do manually gets removed.

If i fill out a few of the fields manually it shows in the frontend but i cannot locate it in any files after

module translations are available in theme directory, in modules subdir

/themes/your-theme/modules/some-module-name/translations/

Just started up a Prestashop 1.6.1.6 shop for demo purposes 2 days ago and found a bug in translations module.

I have imported Norwegian 100% 1.6.1.6 translation pack, I can even see the file getting made in themes/default/lang and when edition that file it seems that all translations is shown there.

But most modules does not get updated in front end, so then i take a look at Manual change translations of store/front-end And all 1039 fields are empty. If i fill out a few of the fields manually it shows in the frontend but i cannot locate it in any files after. 

Back-end seems to be updated correctly. Not tested any e-mail templates or anything as the front end is the only important factor here.

I really would like to import this package and not have to manually do all the translations myselves.

Summary:

- Fresh install PS 1.6.1.6

- Wizard is Norwegian and I choose only to use norwegian language.

- Shopping cart still in english, trying to install language pack

- Receives error about max_vars, corrects it and install language pack all over again.

- Installing english and sweedish language pack, remove norwegian and still no change.

- Reinstall nor-pack and revert changes to default language. still same.

- Also for every install of language pack the changes that i do manually gets removed.

Hi!

You need to translate the core files for it to work! Had the same problem with the Swedish language files, which is very strange actually.

Regards

MacRoy

Hello,

You can try to translate on local and change the values to not Receive error about max_vars

Inside : (my case) : xampp\php\php.ini

Line to change :

; How many GET/POST/COOKIE input variables may be accepted
max_input_vars = 6000

Works fine for me.

And transfer the new translated files via FTP.

Friendly

Edited by myselfidem (see edit history)