Admin login not working

iyengarm

Hi, 

we're having a similar issue.

Can i ask if you have ssl enabled? Are you using any system of caché (like memcached or xcache)?

In our case, chrome lets you to log in and work in some pages (like customer list) but redirects you to login when you try to go to orders, and firefox let you in to orders page, but fires you out in customers.

anyhow!!

error 1 - from front office. add to cart and customer login is not working. that means when i want to add product using add to cart button it does not work and also using customer email and password cant able to login in front office.

back end office

error 2

not able to login in admin side.. when in entered real password page just refresh and if i entered wrong it says you entered wrong password. infact also forget password is working.

kindly help me out pls and also let me know i can i request to resolve in future and also tell me why this error happens. pls reply me on [email protected]

• Like 1

For error 1 you should look for javascript errors.

Error 2 - the login redirect - is a very infamous one that has been around for years. If you search the forum you will find it mentioned a lot. The problem is that I have never seen a good explanation of why it happens. And everyone who got it solved seems to have a different solution.

• 4 months later...

I just moved from Opencast to Presta due to terrible problems on OC.

Presta was great in demo, delayed move so could get new 1.7 version.

All loaded into Cpanel by Softaculous.

Then no way to access in admin.

Key in UserID and Password and taken back to admin screen.

Cleared all the caches, cleared all the cookies.

After deleting and rebooting and changing passwords and changing language in phpMyAdmin its time to give up on this nonsense.

Have read all admin login problems from so many new users in the forum and have to say its pretty pathetic.

6 years of the exactly the same problem and Presta can't even get you logged in to start using the product.

Thought it was a solution but is of no use at all if your login used to work and then you find yourself locked out of your own site.

This is a technical problem of the most basic order that seems to have wasted the time of many folk over many years.

its time to move on to a reliable shopping cart.