Pack + COMBINATIONS = ? + a thousand question marks. + ?

rfourt

Hi guys. 

Hope development goes well.. i have a really good question,.

Will it be possible to use Package feature and use Combinations?

I have tried some 3d party modules but none actually does the job. Please try them yourself, Either they add 300 new features that takes up power or the VERY expensive Module for this developed by one of your most used 3d party developers and that Module, STINKS:. it fills up the entire DB with "Cart rules" for every person who puts the package in the Cart and a lot of other really bad stuff. 

We are using a lot of package deals in our shop (about 30) and this module totally killed our shop, and now just to save or move such a package used with this module takes "TimedOut"  :P

we contacted the developer and they modded the module somehow so now its not even possible to update to a new version without giving them an extra 190USD to modit for new theme or new update.

Anyhow.. Will it be possible or will you still not support it?

Thank you for your hard work.

PS: image is from cartrules and this is just from last week, every monday wee go and delete manually.

post-408953-0-27287200-1472212308_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My friend is selling this module which, as far as I understand, fits your need quite well.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/23426-multi-accessories-pro.html

Check it out!

Thank you but again. If i understand this module it is again what i said in the first post.

"A ton of other features that is not really needed and probably slows down the entire shop."

All of these modules that claim they fix this huge problem with combinations + Packs are all the same, They add a lot of other features that i can understand is cool but cmon. Why not focus on the main problem. 

And especially Prestashop Team. This is crazy we cant build packs with combinations.

This has to be the biggest miss for all users.

I mean, I cant think of any shop that would not need this feature. Even if you sell downloadable smilies for 99USD for a " :( " : smilie you still want to offer you customers that smilie in different sizes.  And hey lets build a pack of  these 3 smilies " :(  :wacko:  :blink: " and charge only for 2 to get our sales up ALOT MORE. 

No, not possible.

Oh yes it is some might say, just make 3 different productspacks with normal PS packs,, 

Yea that could work if you are going for a look that looks like a Mayhem.  And even if you like the Mayhem look  ;)  You still have the problem that the products inside the pack dosnt end up in your delivery slip. So when sending the delivery slip to you packing facility they have no clue what the pack actually contains.

Dont get me wrong here, i Love Prestashop and it IS GREAT!

I have tried every other eCommerce system out there, trust me. The only one that came close to all the nice features that PS offer is Magento but, well if you tried MG you know why we are still on PS.  

So prrrrrrritty please with some variables on top, Please make Combinations work with Packs.

We dont need other features or options just that the page simply ads a dropdown/radio or a color, depending on what we have set in that particular combination.

sry for my rambling but yea.. basically we all are loosing money because we cant offer packs for our customers.

PS: we have now gone back to work with the normal PS packs becouse all other modules either messes your system up or ............

It works, its fast and it does the job, except making our page looks like we are selling only one product and, packing management has been forced to install a computer on the packing table, and with all packs orders they have to logon to that order on the computer and check which pack, then go to that product and check what it contains, making our packing taking more then double the time now.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...

I used to use the product pack with substitutions:

https://keutche-dev.com/blog/products-page/prestashop-modules/products-pack-module-substitution-prestashop-1-6/

live: https://www.sickboards.nl/en/longboards/6123-loaded-dervish-sama-circles-complete.html

unfortunately, it is not maintained and not available for 1.7, but is actually the only module I found, so far that actually does what most of us want.

Now I have to move to the advanced pack but it is not nearly as nice as the one above, but at least it keeps track of the stock and can cope with attributes.

If anyone knows a better module I would love to hear it.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...