vekia

[module] fbpixel - facebook conversion tracking

fbpixel - facebook conversion tracking

Conversion Tracking allows you to measure the return on investment of your Facebook Ads and automatically optimize your Ads for success. By placing the Conversion pixel on all of the key pages of your website, such as checkouts page, adds to cart page, or registrations page you’ll be able to know how many people convert on your advertising message and which Facebook Ad drove the conversion.

Conversion Tracking also helps businesses leverage optimized cost per impressions (oCPM) to show ads to people who are more likely to convert at the most efficient bid possible.

what this module allows to track?
ViewContent Track key page views (ex: product page, landing page or article)
Search Track searches on your website (ex. product searches)
AddToCart Track when items are added to a shopping cart (ex. click/landing page on Add to Cart button)
AddToWishlist Track when items are added to a wishlist (ex. click/landing page on Add to Wishlist button)
InitiateCheckout Track when people enter the checkout flow (ex. click/landing page on checkout button)
Purchase Track purchases or checkout flow completions (with correct value of order and currency code)
Lead Track when a user expresses interest in your offering (product page view)
support of DPA (dynamic ads) tracking to build dynamic product ads on facebook

this prestashop module allows to add such pixel to your website. module will run conversion tracking script once someone will place an order in your shop (on order confirmation page) or spawn some events like add to cart erc.. details about module is availalbe here:
fbpixel - conversion tracking

fbpixel-conversion-tracking-module.png

4-facebook-pixel-tracking-results-presta
  • Like 1

new version of conversion tracking pixel module is ready to download! new tracking events feature, list of them below:

what this module allows to track?
ViewContent Track key page views (ex: product page, landing page or article)
Search Track searches on your website (ex. product searches)
AddToCart Track when items are added to a shopping cart (ex. click/landing page on Add to Cart button)
AddToWishlist Track when items are added to a wishlist (ex. click/landing page on Add to Wishlist button)
InitiateCheckout Track when people enter the checkout flow (ex. click/landing page on checkout button)
Purchase Track purchases or checkout flow completions (with correct value of order and currency code)
Lead Track when a user expresses interest in your offering (product page view)

new version of facebook pixel module is ready!

added feature that supports DPA (dynamic ads) Facebook dynamic ads helps you promote relevant products to shoppers browsing your product catalog on your website or mobile app. 

• Scale: Promote all of your products with unique creative without having to configure each individual ad
  • Always-on: Set up your campaigns once and continually reach people with the right product at the right time
  • Cross-device: Reach people with ads on any device they use, regardless of their original touchpoint for your business
  • Highly relevant: Show people ads for products they are interested in order to increase their likelihood to purchase

new version of the module has option (if enabled) that will send information about products added to cart. Based on this, you will be able to build products catalog for facebook advertising purposes

Does this module support order confirmation pages of Bankwire & PayPal module?

In other words - does it support really EVERY confirmation page?

hello,

module uses two ways to run pixel on order confirmation page.

First - to support bankwire / cod etc. modules,

second - to support modules like paypal

In other words - does it support really EVERY confirmation page?

if payment module is developed with ps standards (run displayOrderConfirmation hook) - it will work for this module as well.

new version of facebook pixel module is ready to download!

- added feature to that allows to track viewContent event

- added better tracking of "purchase" event. module sends now additional informations like content_ids and content_type

Hi Vekia!

Today I purchased your module, it seems to be a great one, but I'm having some trouble matching products with the catalogue. Facebook Business Manager says that matching rate is 0% and when I go to any product page at my site and check the pixel, this is what I get:

QZYEPAd.png

That's very important for me since I want to start doing dynamic ads, any help? :D

Thanks a lot for your work!!

Edited by yabahdabeed (see edit history)

Hello Vekia,

Please could you tell me if this module works with ALL the CCC-Options activated (e.g. javascript at the end, compression, html reducing, etc.) in prestashop 1.6 ?

Is there any other modification we have to do on our shop (e. g. what belongs the cache options or other modifications) apart of installing this module?

Thanky you in advance for your kind answer!

EDIT to my question:

I tested the module with all CCC-Options activated in prestashop 1.6 and it seems to work without any problem.

Edited by TOSch (see edit history)

Hello Vekia,

Please could you tell me if this module works with ALL the CCC-Options activated (e.g. javascript at the end, compression, html reducing, etc.) in prestashop 1.6 ?

Is there any other modification we have to do on our shop (e. g. what belongs the cache options or other modifications) apart of installing this module?

Thanky you in advance for your kind answer!

EDIT to my question:

I tested the module with all CCC-Options activated in prestashop 1.6 and it seems to work without any problem.

hello

- yes, module is used with success when all ccc / minification options are enabled.

- you dont have to change ANYTHING in the theme / core. module will work well as is. Just install & configure.

Thank you vekia for your reply,

the module is installed and it works well. Finally a module that don't ask to change half of the shop to run properly! :-)

Well done, good job!

• Like 1

hello,

you need to export products to your facebook adds account,

details here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1397294963910848

Ey thanks for your quick reply. Products are currently exported, and everything seems to be Ok there. 

As far as I understand, my problem is syntaxis related. Let me add one more screenshot :D

ECxwrh1.png

I think that where it says ['35'] it should say 35 but I don't know how to change it... any idea? Maybe it's not even related to your module (which in all the oher aspects seem to work pretty well).

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I think I know where the problem is (and if I'm right is all my fault). Forget that message :D

Edited by yabahdabeed (see edit history)

hi vekia.. i purchased this module and installed.. 

but i received this error

DhpX9Fl.jpg

hello

sorry for late reply, i just missed this post here.

you sent me support request about this problem? (support [at] mypresta [dot] eu)

?

new version of facebook pixel module is avalable to download!

- added improvements to module workflow in new version of PrestaShop 1.7

- created separated library dedicated for v1.7

- now module fully supports new version of the PS

new version of facebook pixel module is avalable to download!

- added improvements to module workflow in new version of PrestaShop 1.7

- created separated library dedicated for v1.7

- now module fully supports new version of the PS

Hi Vekia,

i have just bought your module but it dont work properly. How can i fix it?

In fb i receive alert that pixel is not installed, but i have take the pixel of my campaign and put inside your module correctly.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Edited by rdt (see edit history)

Hi Vekia,

i have just bought your module but it dont work properly. How can i fix it?

In fb i receive alert that pixel is not installed, but i have take the pixel of my campaign and put inside your module correctly.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

hello

please verify it once again, facebook has some kind of cache and it can show results with delay.

also, share na url to your website, i will check it with pixel helper

new version of facebook pixel module is available to download

- added improvements to module workflow (orders history)

- added fixes related to conflict between facebook pixel and products comments

hi,

i've just bought this module, and i've got an issue with the "Track Initiate Checkout pixel". I'm currently using supercheckout one page module.

what should i change to register the checkout pixel? It is not showing that pixel in the FB pixel helper when i'm on the checkout page.

Thank you.

PD: excellent module by the way, and cheap as well.

Regards

hi,

i've just bought this module, and i've got an issue with the "

Track Initiate Checkout

pixel". I'm currently using supercheckout one page module.

what should i change to register the checkout pixel? It is not showing that pixel in the FB pixel helper when i'm on the checkout page.

Thank you.

Regards

I'm planing to buy this module, and have same module supercheckout for OPC. Please let me know if this issue has been solved.

Thank you

hi,

i've just bought this module, and i've got an issue with the "Track Initiate Checkout pixel". I'm currently using supercheckout one page module.

Thank you.

Regards

hello

Please share url to page where you use the module and where the checkout pixel does not work

btw. what you mean by checkout pixel? confirmation of order, or initiate checkout ?

new version of pixel module is ready!

- added improvements related to dynamic pixel adds
- module can send now events with product id_product, id_attribute or id_product-id_attribute (depending on your selection)
- added improvements to tracking viewContent event 
- purchase event include all instances of products

Hi,

Try to add some item to the cart and go to checkout

Www.shutupco.com

I can't see he initial checkout on the Addon pixel helper

Thank you!

hello

Please share url to page where you use the module and where the checkout pixel does not work

btw. what you mean by checkout pixel? confirmation of order, or initiate checkout ?

new version of module is available

- now facebook pixel module allows to track customer register process (both in prestashop 1.5/1.6 and in new 1.7.x)

new version released, added fixes related to module workflow:

- added improvements to module workflow in PrestShop 1.5.x

- now module allows to add product to comparison tool properly

add to cart event + add to wishlist events are dynamic events

Prestashop has two types of 'add to cart' buttons (depending on theme that you will use). Module supports tracking of both buttons.

First type of "add to cart" tracking is loaded on product page only (because product page only have a form with attributes etc.)

second type of "add to cart" tracking is loaded everywhere (because, for example, you can use some module with "add to cart' button that will appear on homepage like home featured products module etc.).

the most important thing related to execution of 'add to cart' event is fact, that 'add to cart' tracking is send only if you will press 'add to cart' button. Simple page view does not send the "add to cart" events to facebook because you just view the page, you're not adding product to cart while you just simply browse the page. 

simply saying:

Add to cart is a dynamic event and it is fired only if you will add product to cart.

Simple page view is not equal to "add to cart" event - you must add something to cart to send the event to facebook.

Hit add to cart button and check pixel helper - your event should be properly tracked then

it works the same for "add to wishlist".

Hi, 
Now I bought your module. unfortunately diagnosed two events values are missing. I attached screenshots.
1- I add a product to my cart in them mean time I catch pixel "addtocart" event  but not value in faceboolpixel helper
2- On OPC page I can't see "InitiateCheckout" event values in faceboolpixel helper

thanks in advance

YDa5Va.jpg

Hello

this is probably because your checkout module does not have the same controller name as original checkout in prestashop

it should have the same name, if it does not - it can be solved in two ways.

- first: change the name of controller of your checkout module, it can be a little complicated (i dont know exactly - i dont know this plugin)

- second: add support of this non-default controller to facebook pixel code (it is much easier and quicker for me because i know my addon :D )

so, if possible, i can check your page, controller name and include it to the fbpixel module

but this requires access to the shop / non default addon you use.

I don't get any "ViewContent" event on product pages (latest PrestaShop and module versions). Only the standard "PageView" and also "Lead" works. Why is that? Where can I see "ViewContent"?

Hello

you probably enabled DPA (dynamic pixel ads)

if DPA Is enabled you have to export your products catalog to facebook - only then facebook will have possibility to track such events properly.

anyway, case requires inspection of your shop product page, so please share an url i will take a look on it.

Hello

you probably enabled DPA (dynamic pixel ads)

if DPA Is enabled you have to export your products catalog to facebook - only then facebook will have possibility to track such events properly.

anyway, case requires inspection of your shop product page, so please share an url i will take a look on it.

Thanks for the assistance. DPA's disabled. Here's a product page:

<link removed>

Edited by Louis7777 (see edit history)

@vekia

I had a look in

/fbpixel/views/templates/hook/header.tpl

and the ViewContent events are wrapped with

{if Configuration::get('FBPIXEL_DPA')==1}

so I enabled DPA and now they work (but they don't work without it).

Edited by Louis7777 (see edit history)

new feature released!

- added option to define prefix or sufix for tracked ID, now you can customize your products catalog for DPA purposes

new version is ready!

- added improvements to DPA tracking (dynamic product ads)
- if DPA is disabled purchase event and viewContent event does not send the details about product (so there is no warning about not paired products)
- added missed InitiateCheckout event to module dedicated for PrestaShop 1.7.x
- updated translations of the module

i keep having 2 red alerts on AddToCart Pixel in all pages, it only green when it is in the opc page, how can i fix it ?

prestashop 1.6

many thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.50.46 AM.png

Hello, I bought this module and have the v1.9.4

, do I have righ to a upgrade?

thanks

Is possible send micro-data for Facebook pixel catalog on product page view event instead add To Cart button pressed?

*When add to cart button is pressed, I got modal - cart and in FB catalog is passed product images and images from Cart?

On 11/10/2016 at 6:15 PM, yabahdabeed said:

Ey thanks for your quick reply. Products are currently exported, and everything seems to be Ok there. 

As far as I understand, my problem is syntaxis related. Let me add one more screenshot :D

ECxwrh1.png

I think that where it says ['35'] it should say 35 but I don't know how to change it... any idea? Maybe it's not even related to your module (which in all the oher aspects seem to work pretty well).

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I think I know where the problem is (and if I'm right is all my fault). Forget that message :D

Hi, how did you resolved it? I have same problem with syntax. I see ["35"] istead of . Thanks for answer