Problems with SecurePay Module on Prestashop Cloud

A&E Succulents

Question

Hi All,

We've been consistently having problems with the 1.0.1 version of the SecurePay Module on our Prestashop site. We are running version 1.6.1.3 of Prestashop (if this makes any difference). At first SecurePay worked fine, customers were able to make payments OK. But then all of a sudden, with no changes to the configuration of the site by us, the SecurePay module would give the customers a "fingerprint error" and the only way we could find to fix it temporarily was to disable/enable the module. (I assume this was just stopping and restarting the service). Sadly the problem would reoccur after about a week, and we would have to repeat the temporary fix. We asked Prestashop for help via a ticket, but got nowhere.

At the same time that this was occurring, an update to the SecurePay module (v1.0.2) was being listed in the modules page on Prestashop. Every time we clicked the button to update the module, we would get the green notification at the top of the page that the module had updated, but it actually hadn't, and the update to v1.0.2 would still be offered to us.

So today out I uninstalled SecurePay v1.0.1 completely, (I documented the configuration settings before doing this) and then installed v1.0.2. I then configured the settings exactly the same as I had documented them, but now when browsing the site as a customer and trying to pay for a product, I get an error that there is no payment module installed, even though I can see that the SecurePay module is installed and configured. I have tried different browsers and cleared my cache etc, but nothing seems to help.post-1229481-0-85381700-1471835958_thumb.pngpost-1229481-0-13761500-1471835960_thumb.png

Can anyone offer some advice on what is going on here, and how I can get it resolved please. Prestashop support haven't been able to help fix these ongoing issues, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to at the very least point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance. 

10 answers to this question

So I uninstalled the SecurePay module as it wouldn't allow me to add a module position/hook to the module.

When I tried to re-install the SecurePay module I got an error saying that the module couldn't be installed.

I refresh the page, and it tells me that the module IS installed. I configure it as it was set previously, but still no module position has been set. So it still doesn't work, with the same error as before (above)

I'm thinking that the problem is obviously that the SecurePay module isn't getting installed correctly for whatever reason.

I can't see any way to look at the logs of the server, so it's not like I can properly diagnose what's wrong.

Anyone got any advice on how I can get the SecurePay module installed properly? I'm guessing that I'll have to get Prestashop to do this for me?

I have uninstalled, and attempted to reinstall the module.

Untitled1.png

Then when I retry the installation...

Untitled2.png

I can download a zip file of the latest version of the Module if that enables you to look at the code, but otherwise I've got nothing else I can give you to help diagnose this. I've tried messaging Prestashop's support with this same information. (SecurePay responded and gave me the updated version of the module in the zip, to have Prestashop's support upload the contents of the zip to the site, because I don't have access to it as far as I know)