cart is empty error

Iriathen

Hi to all...

The past 2 weeks i noticed a lot of abandoned carts and i didnt pay much attention as the e-shop is at the beginning.

Today i had more than 20 abandoned carts so i tried to put an order my self.

The result was the error mentioned below .

Cart is empty 

Even after i am connected i get the same error..

the proper process would be to lead you to create a customer account or login to your account.

Notice when using tablet or smartphone it works just fine.

I also cleared my cookies and cache in my computer.

My e-shop is "  stampa-stampa.gr

If anybody has a pollution please tell me.

Thank you in advance

Thanks for responding...

I dont use any 3d party module and i haven't done any changes the last 2 months.

It was working fine before and i noticed the problem only because i started having daily many abandoned carts.

This problem is very common in the forum and especially for 1,6 users.

Some said that cleaning cookies and cash is solving the problem. I have done this also but nothing changes.

An other pointer is the fact that when visiting from tablet and putting an order it works fine with no problem..

Do you think i should reinstall prestashop ? If yes how can i do so without causin problems to my website / database ?

Thank you in Advance

hello
i know that some of users reported these weirdy problems.

it is hard to reproduce them, i think that it can be associated with some environment settnigs

case needs inspection directly in shop where the problem occurs

I turned debugging on and got this error..\

Impossible to add the product to the cart.
textStatus: 'parsererror'
errorThrown: 'SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0'
responseText:

Warning: mcrypt_decrypt() [function.mcrypt-decrypt]: The IV parameter must be as long as the blocksize in /var/www/vhosts/dpstudio.gr/stampa-stampa.gr/classes/Rijndael.php on line 68

Warning: mcrypt_encrypt() [function.mcrypt-encrypt]: The IV parameter must be as long as the blocksize in /var/www/vhosts/dpstudio.gr/stampa-stampa.gr/classes/Rijndael.php on line 51
{"products":[{"id":409,"link":"http:\/\/stampa-stampa.gr\/el\/\u03c1\u03bf\u03cd\u03c7\u03b1-\u03bc\u03b5-\u03c3\u03c4\u03ac\u03bc\u03c0\u03b1\/409-\u03bc\u03c0\u03bb\u03bf\u03c5\u03b6\u03ac\u03ba\u03b9-pokemon-go.html#\/size-xs\/color-321_aqua","quantity":2,"image":"http:\/\/stampa-stampa.gr\/1463-home_default\/\u03bc\u03c0\u03bb\u03bf\u03c5\u03b6\u03ac\u03ba\u03b9-pokemon-go.jpg","image_cart":"http:\/\/stampa-stampa.gr\/1463-cart_default\/\u03bc\u03c0\u03bb\u03bf\u03c5\u03b6\u03ac\u03ba\u03b9-pokemon-go.jpg","priceByLine":"27,64 \u20ac","name":"\u039c\u03c0\u03bb\u03bf\u03c5\u03b6\u03ac\u03ba\u03b9 Pokemon Go","price":"27,64 \u20ac","price_float":27.64,"idCombination":11833,"idAddressDelivery":0,"is_gift":false,"hasAttributes":true,"attributes":"XS, 321 aqua","hasCustomizedDatas":false,"customizedDatas":[]}],"discounts":[],"shippingCost":"0,00 \u20ac","shippingCostFloat":0,"wrappingCost":"0,00 \u20ac","nbTotalProducts":2,"total":"27,64 \u20ac","productTotal":"27,64 \u20ac","freeShipping":"11,72 \u20ac","freeShippingFloat":11.72,"free_ship":true,"isVirtualCart":false,"hasError":false}

Maybe this will help.. 

Still haven't found a solution. My hosting provider has made my problem worst.

They updated php and i could not connect on my backoffice. After informed they turned back to older php and although i can connect to my backoffice i have no data as visits count and courts and the rest data are refreshing all the time.

The error i get is the following..

Warning: mcrypt_decrypt(): The IV parameter must be as long as the blocksize in /var/www/vhosts/dpstudio.gr/stampa-stampa.gr/classes/Rijndael.php on line 68

Warning: mcrypt_encrypt(): The IV parameter must be as long as the blocksize in /var/www/vhosts/dpstudio.gr/stampa-stampa.gr/classes/Rijndael.php on line 51

My hosting provider insists that the parameters that need to be changed are not correct and i should ask support form Prestashop forum .

Can somebody help me? 

I'm no expert in this area, but it would seem that your _RIJNDAEL_IV_ constant is the wrong length. Check config/settings.inc.php and make sure you have something like this (from my PrestaShop v1.6.1.6 test site):
define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'BHK6w8nEnE5616w3hixpyM8pPPn6hfgx');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', '/OGfmPA78C55D3zzQKeo8A==');

Reading the code, it seems PrestaShop uses 128 bits, so make sure your host's version of mcrypt supports that. What version of PHP are you using? Perhaps it's an old version that doesn't support 128 bits or a new version that only support 256 bits.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm no expert in this area, but it would seem that your _RIJNDAEL_IV_ constant is the wrong length. Check config/settings.inc.php and make sure you have something like this (from my PrestaShop v1.6.1.6 test site):
define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'BHK6w8nEnE5616w3hixpyM8pPPn6hfgx');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', '/OGfmPA78C55D3zzQKeo8A==');

Reading the code, it seems PrestaShop uses 128 bits, so make sure your host's version of mcrypt supports that. What version of PHP are you using? Perhaps it's an old version that doesn't support 128 bits or a new version that only support 256 bits.

Probably you are right.

I upgraded a 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.1.7 and I had the same warning. And of course I cannot access the Backoffice

I looked at my settings files and I had

define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', '[spam-filter]RIJNDAEL_KEY[spam-filter]');

define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', '[spam-filter]RIJNDAEL_IV[spam-filter]');

Looks like the information wasn't correctly transferred in the upgrade. Check whether there is a config/settings.old.php file. If there is, you can copy the missing information from there.

Thanks rocky the true is that in the old settings is also this [spam-filter]RIJNDAEL_IV[spam-filter] key. It's also true that is a test site I quickly installed through the plesk prestashop wizard  and I had to upgrade it from 1.6.0.6 to last version to do some catalogue import.

It has been really weird because I tested a php 7.0 last wee, and today  I cannot login into the backoffice with the warning mcrypt_decrypt().

No worries I put normal values and everything goes fine

Thanks