Settings.inc.php Deprecated

STS

I have installed Prestashop 1.7 Beta 3.  The shop has been configured and is operation.  If I go to the root prestashop director ./config, settings.inc.php is present, but is ONLY 23 bytes long and it entire contents consists of two lines:

<?php

//@deprecated 1.7

so my question is the same as above:
I need to change _DB_SERVER_.  Where is that constant defined?

_DB_SERVER_ is not defined in that settings.inc.php, at least not on my installation.

Sorry if I was not clear.

Ok i got it, you are talking about PS 1.7, as you did not specify the version and I have not seen the category of the thread, I assumed you were talking about PS 1.6 or 1.5, which would be the most common right now.

I hope what you're doing with PS 1.7 is only of test purposes, because still has a long way to use in production.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have the next error when i try to get to the backend in prestashop:

Link to database cannot be established:SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'biclaogn_prestashop172'@'server220-3.web-hosting.com' (using password: YES)
at line 102 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php

97. public function connect()
98. {
99. try {
100. $this->link = $this->_getPDO($this->server, $this->user, $this->password, $this->database, 5);
101. } catch (PDOException $e) {
102. throw new PrestaShopException('Link to database cannot be established:'.$e->getMessage());
103. }
105. // UTF-8 support
106. if ($this->link->exec('SET NAMES \'utf8\'') === false) {
107. throw new PrestaShopException('PrestaShop Fatal error: no utf-8 support. Please check your server configuration.');

I already edited app/config/parameters.php. but i do not know what else can i do 

<?php return array (

'parameters' => 
  array (
    'database_host' => 'server220-3.web-hosting.com',
    'database_port' => '',
    'database_name' => 'biclaogn_prestashop172',
    'database_user' => 'biclaogn_prestashop172',
    'database_password' => 'PASS',
    'database_prefix' => 'ps_',
    'database_engine' => 'MariaDB',
    'mailer_transport' => 'smtp',
    'mailer_host' => 'server220.web-hosting.com',
    'mailer_user' => NULL,
    'mailer_password' => NULL,

I have the next error when i try to get to the backend in prestashop:

Link to database cannot be established:SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'biclaogn_prestashop172'@'server220-3.web-hosting.com' (using password: YES)

at line 102 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php

97. public function connect()

98. {

99. try {

100. $this->link = $this->_getPDO($this->server, $this->user, $this->password, $this->database, 5);

101. } catch (PDOException $e) {

102. throw new PrestaShopException('Link to database cannot be established:'.$e->getMessage());

103. }

105. // UTF-8 support

106. if ($this->link->exec('SET NAMES \'utf8\'') === false) {

107. throw new PrestaShopException('PrestaShop Fatal error: no utf-8 support. Please check your server configuration.');

I already edited app/config/parameters.php. but i do not know what else can i do 

<?php return array (

'parameters' => 
  array (
    'database_host' => 'server220-3.web-hosting.com',
    'database_port' => '',
    'database_name' => 'biclaogn_prestashop172',
    'database_user' => 'biclaogn_prestashop172',
    'database_password' => 'PASS',
    'database_prefix' => 'ps_',
    'database_engine' => 'MariaDB',
    'mailer_transport' => 'smtp',
    'mailer_host' => 'server220.web-hosting.com',
    'mailer_user' => NULL,
    'mailer_password' => NULL,

can you specify better the problem ? seems to be permission problem to mysql

try to run this SQL query:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON biclaogn_prestashop172.* TO 'biclaogn_prestashop172'@'server220-3.web-hosting.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

What type of hosting service you use ?
Edited by enthdev (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

@dondetoy @rocky

I have exactly the same problem as you and I did lots of research so far as I am creating my first Prestashop website now. 

However, no luck so far. Can you tell me how do you finally fix the problem? What causes the problem?

Many, many thanks.

My website is: http://livingtone.com.au

Edited by Kevin
missing info (see edit history)

You are using beta version for to mount a new Prestashop site ?? If not please open a new thread with your problem. The initial thread is about Beta Prestashop versions. Don't think you are having same database problem with Prestashop latest 1.7.2.x. If yeas, do a resarch on the fourm for the problem, or open a new thread describing your exact problem.

If you are looking for settings.inc. than you will find the file now in /app/config/parameters.php