Should I upgrade from 1.6.1.1?

Hi, I´m thinking of upgrading from my version 1.6.1.1, if  there is any reason for that or if I could just as well keep that and make an upgrade later?

(I am a bit worried there culd be problems when I make the upgrade)

And are there more risk to get problems with upgrade if I skip this latest upgrade and upgrade to another, the current latest version later on?

Thankyou for your help!/Karoline

• 2 weeks later...

Hello karoline-k

I think the latest ver. of Prestashop has many impressive features, but in case your business is running well and no problem happens, i think you should consider for upgrading. The new version may be not familiar and you have to spend time on discovering and making familiar with it. On other hands, if your current store is not good anymore, try to use the new because the wrong may be fixed in it. 

Regards,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou so much for all of your advice! I am using the 1.6.1.1 version and I am unsure if I should upgrade all the plugins as usual or if there may be some plugins that are adapted to the latest version..? The current plugins that seem to need an update are: (I have translated them from swedish)

• Banktransfer

• Payment with check

• Block for paymentlogos

• Block for shown products

• Etikettblock

• Categoryblock

• Cross-selling

• Navigation-filter-block

• Products in the same category

Edited by karoline-k (see edit history)

Karoline, those links in your previous post go directly to your backoffice. For your shops safety, you may want to consider removing those as they only expose your backoffice to the rest of the web.

I wouldn't think it's the problem. Since people have to log in to view. without the password no one can see anything

• Like 1

If you are happy with your current shop and are not upgrading to fix a current issue solved in later release then I would not upgrade. 

Thankyou for your advice!:)

I would recommend upgrading to 1.6.1.7. Lots of bugs you might not be aware of have been fixed.

Thankyou for your advice!

Hello karoline-k

I think the latest ver. of Prestashop has many impressive features, but in case your business is running well and no problem happens, i think you should consider for upgrading. The new version may be not familiar and you have to spend time on discovering and making familiar with it. On other hands, if your current store is not good anymore, try to use the new because the wrong may be fixed in it. 

Regards,

Thankyou for your advice!

• Like 1