Fresh install error

hi guys

please can anybody help me even get off the first starting post with this problem ..

After installing various versions of Prestashop even upto the latest version as soon as I enter the back office and click on the save buttons I get the following error ..

Thank you for any help ;)

post-690052-0-79877800-1471353211_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonmig (see edit history)

hi Thank you so much for your answer ,

please could you tell me what I need to do though ?

everytime I try to save an image I get the attached white error screen , the image does get saved however I am faced with this screen everytime I click on the save button , I have tried different versions of Prestashop and they all seem to do this so I was thinking it maybe something that I need to ask my hosting to change as Prestashop has worked OK in the past for me.

cheers :wacko:  

Try to repeat the process after enabling error debugging and see it there is any error shown. You can post the error here so that we can guide you accordingly.

It might be possible that this issue is related to your hosting, but we suggest that you inspect the issue first of all and try to figure out something.

FYI, to enable error debugging you can follow the steps below:

open: config/defines.inc.php

find this line: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

change to look like this: define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true)

hi Thank you again for your help ,

I have just spoken with my hosting tech advisors today and they seem to think it could possibly be a request (of which you quite rightly point out) that may not be

supported on their server as they have updated their Linux servers from 3 years ago when I had no problem with the service , they are asking me to find out

what the request is though before making a definite diagnosis, I have tried the degugging but nothing shows up ;(

kind regards

Mike

your hoster should know what is the problem because they have access to logs

suggest them that you're trying to:

- post html code in $_POST

- post many variables via $_POST

- problem occurs only when you try to submit form with: html from textbox, and several numbers/string from <input> fields.

hi guys

Thank you

I passed on your comments to the hosters Vekia and whatever you said it has done the trick , they made a few adjustments on

my account server ,mod security etc and it's all sorted now THANK YOU so much  :D

kind regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...