Shop failing to add combinations (thousands of combo's)

dpetrie

So I'm having a fairly big issue. One of our customers has a few products that have quite a few possible combinations. Basically 2 attribute groups that have 5-10 attributes a piece, and 2 more attribute groups that have around 36 attributes a piece. This comes to total of over 60,000 combinations ( around 64,000 (5*10*36*36)). I've tried to generate this twice now... this first time it just went to a blank-white screen and did nothing, the 2nd it took me back to the original product screen but no data was filling in and it looked like the query never happened.

Has anyone had similar issues when a product has had several combinations? and if so how did you fix/work around it?

Also, with these products that have a ton of cominations it can take 10-15+ minutes just to view the products combination tab afterwards. (the length of time it takes ajax.php to query and place all those thousands of products) and that is on something with only a couple thousand combinations.

Any tips?

That looks like it may be a possible solution to that items issue.. and items with similar issues. But if I did end up buying that and using it, wouldn't I have to redo combinations for every other item in the cart since the system is now different?

You will need to redo the combinations, but it is much simpler to do, and there is an option to copy attributes from one product to another (or to all the products in a category).

There is a font and backend demo of the module, you should try it out first to see if it works for you.