[Free module] Custom popup notification

Does it still work? I would love to make it work.

It gave me a lot of errors on my frontoffice page:

(1/1) ContextErrorException

Notice: Trying to get property 'id' of non-object

in custompopup.php line 386

at CustomPopup->functionHook(array('cookie' => object(Cookie), 'cart' => object(Cart), 'altern' => 1))in custompopup.php line 83

at CustomPopup->__call('hookdisplayHome', array(array('cookie' => object(Cookie), 'cart' => object(Cart), 'altern' => 1)))in Hook.php line 966

at HookCore::coreCallHook(object(CustomPopup), 'hookdisplayHome', array('cookie' => object(Cookie), 'cart' => object(Cart), 'altern' => 1))in Hook.php line 351

at HookCore::callHookOn(object(CustomPopup), 'displayHome', array('cookie' => object(Cookie), 'cart' => object(Cart), 'altern' => 1))in Hook.php line 903

at HookCore::exec('displayHome')in IndexController.php line 39

at IndexControllerCore->initContent()in Controller.php line 281

at ControllerCore->run()in Dispatcher.php line 511

at DispatcherCore->dispatch()in index.php line 28

I had just configurated correctly (according to the message by the module, in my backoffice, to be shown on the homepage hook.

I'm forced to deactivate or uninstall it.

Edited by Ser. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Custom popup notification by PrestaCraft     Current module version: 2.4.0 PrestaShop compatible: 1.6, 1.7 Last PrestaShop version checked: 1.7.7.0    http

There is still people sharing their Prestashop modules FOR FREE and it's increasingly rare! Start by saying "thanks" and after you may ask your question in a kindly mode... that is courtesy and grat

Hi electriz   the module works perfectly, no problem for now. Good job sharing Thank you  

Posted Images

On 10/25/2019 at 6:56 AM, electriz said:

Good idea, however it's not possible in current version, sorry.

I put "9999" minutes in the field where it asks when it would be shown again, but I don't know if the minutes reset with a new session.

Edited by Ser. (see edit history)

On 8/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, Ser. said:

I put "9999" minutes in the field where it ask when it would be shown again, but I don't know if the minutes reset with a new session.

It's cookie time, not session time. So if user has enabled cookies and enters website again in the same browser he won't see popup again till the end of this time.

The time is counting from the first popup close and it's not resetting.

Edited by electriz (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. 

We try to use your module for two buttons ("YES " "NO"

set Cookie length - 10 minutes

On desktop version of site - its ok. 

After i click button - it's not shown again

But for mobile - this not work. After click button i see popup again and agaimn. 

Can you please advise how to fix? 

• 2 weeks later...

First: A huge "THANK YOU" to Electriz for offering this module FREE of charge. 

Has anyone tested this module on latest 1.7.6.7 running php 7.2?

Has anyone been able to get the module to work on mobile with the above configuration? 

After reading over the posts, I was unable to find any posts with users using my above configurations. I'm asking in case I missed something and I don't want to double post something that has already been addressed/solved. 

NOTE TO EVERYONE -- If you're looking for or needing a plug and play module ready to go, go buy one from the add-on shop. If you don't mind helping to develop this free module, then expect that you're going to be beta testing it and additional edits will need to be made. Electriz has offered this module to us all free of charge and isn't required to offer ANY support for this. The support he has provided is solely for the good of the community. It's okay to make "suggestions" however, STOP BEING RUDE! If you can take the time to ask for something, you can also take the time to say THANK YOU and hit the like button for Electriz.   

• 1 month later...

Hi friends.

I am using PHP 7.2.33 and Prestashop 1.7.6.1 and the module in the latest version 2.3.0 and I am having the following error when I configure the module:

"Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file: G: \ Data \ data \ htdocs \ services \ prestashop \ metalsolution \ classes \ db \ DbPDO.php: 156
Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded "

I have enabled the pdo_mysql module in my PHP.

Any guidance?

Thank you.

Ricardo.

Hi electriz and friends.

After facing problems with the module settings, I am now having this image problem.

There are no hooks in the list for me to select.

custom-popup.thumb.jpg.06cf479900bd93a5ff25f314159074b4.jpg

Can anybody help me?

PHP: 7.2.33

Prestashop: 1.7.6.1

Custom Popup module: 2.3.0

Thank you.

Ricardo.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, ricardouel said:

Requirements looks OK. My other modules work normally.

have you checked the extensions???

Extensions

CURL. The Client URL extension is used to download remote resources like modules and localization packages.

DOM. The DOM extension is needed to parse XML documents. PrestaShop uses it for various functionalities, like the Store Locator. It is also used by some modules, as well as the pear_xml_parse library.

Fileinfo. The File information extension is used to find out the file type of uploaded files.

GD. The GD extension is used to create thumbnails for the images that you upload.

Intl. The Internationalization extension is used to display localized data, such as amounts in different currencies.

Mbstring. The Multibyte string extension to perform string operations everywhere.

Zip. The Zip extension is used to expand compressed files such as modules and localization packages.

Best Regards

Hello, I have a problem with this module on mobile, the popup window opens all the time. On pc no problem.

Someone would have a solution, for the moment I have disabled the module on mobile.

I use prestashop 1.7

thank you !

Edited by PauseGreen (see edit history)

15 horas atrás, PCQUATRO disse:

have you checked the extensions???

Extensions

CURL. The Client URL extension is used to download remote resources like modules and localization packages.

DOM. The DOM extension is needed to parse XML documents. PrestaShop uses it for various functionalities, like the Store Locator. It is also used by some modules, as well as the pear_xml_parse library.

Fileinfo. The File information extension is used to find out the file type of uploaded files.

GD. The GD extension is used to create thumbnails for the images that you upload.

Intl. The Internationalization extension is used to display localized data, such as amounts in different currencies.

Mbstring. The Multibyte string extension to perform string operations everywhere.

Zip. The Zip extension is used to expand compressed files such as modules and localization packages.

Best Regards

Hi PCQUATRO

I just checked the modules and they are all enabled in my hosting.

Any more ideas?

Thank you.

Ricardo.

Le 05/08/2020 à 4:44 PM, theman a dit :

Hi. 

We try to use your module for two buttons ("YES " "NO"

set Cookie length - 10 minutes

On desktop version of site - its ok. 

After i click button - it's not shown again

But for mobile - this not work. After click button i see popup again and agaimn. 

Can you please advise how to fix? 

Hi, you found a solution ? i have the same problem

9 hours ago, ricardouel said:

Hi PCQUATRO

I just checked the modules and they are all enabled in my hosting.

Any more ideas?

Thank you.

Ricardo.

Check the console for errors related to the popup!

Best Regards

14 hours ago, PauseGreen said:

Hello, I have a problem with this module on mobile, the popup window opens all the time. On pc no problem.

Someone would have a solution, for the moment I have disabled the module on mobile.

I use prestashop 1.7

thank you !

The popup uses cookies for its operation, if the mobile phone browser doesn´t allow it it wont work as it should, i have no problems whatsoever on the mobile! But i also modified the popup to show only one time per session...

Best Regards

il y a une heure, PCQUATRO a dit :

The popup uses cookies for its operation, if the mobile phone browser doesn´t allow it it wont work as it should, i have no problems whatsoever on the mobile! But i also modified the popup to show only one time per session...

Best Regards

Hi, PCQUATRO

Here are my settings:

Cookie length [1440] minutes

Popup delay [5] seconds

I don't have one time per session.

Best Regards...

16 horas atrás, PCQUATRO disse:

Check the console for errors related to the popup!

Best Regards

H PCQUATRO.

Thank you for your response.

I managed to get some feedback by enabling the debug mode, but I don't know why the error. It seems to me that the module is running a query on a table that does not exist in my database.

checked and it doesn't really exist.

Could you guide me?

Best regards.

Ricardo.

popup.jpg

7 hours ago, ricardouel said:

H PCQUATRO.

Thank you for your response.

I managed to get some feedback by enabling the debug mode, but I don't know why the error. It seems to me that the module is running a query on a table that does not exist in my database.

checked and it doesn't really exist.

Could you guide me?

Best regards.

Ricardo.

You can try to uninstall and reinstall de module, or import the attached table trough your cpanel into the database...

Note: you might have to change the prefix of the table to your own prefix witch might be ps_

Best Regards

ps_responsive_popup_pages.sql

Edited by PCQUATRO (see edit history)

14 horas atrás, PCQUATRO disse:

You can try to uninstall and reinstall de module, or import the attached table trough your cpanel into the database...

Note: you might have to change the prefix of the table to your own prefix witch might be ps_

Best Regards

ps_responsive_popup_pages.sql 4.9 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you PCQUATRO.

You save my life.

Now looks OK.

The best banner module for my need.

Ricardo.

• Like 1

Il y a 15 heures, PCQUATRO a dit :

If you want one time per session read this thread, i explained how i did it above...

Best Regards

I changed

document.cookie = cname + "=" + cvalue + ";" + expires + "; path = /";

to

document.cookie = cname + "=" + cvalue;

but it hasn't changed anything on mobile, the popup reappears all the time.

I also tested to load your cookies.js and custompopup.tpl files on my ftp but the popup no appears.

Edited by PauseGreen (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, PauseGreen said:

if i copy your ccokies.js and custompopup.tpl files will it work?

If you want that functionality (one time per session) yes, it will open only one time per session...

Best Regards

il y a 1 minute, PCQUATRO a dit :

If you want that functionality (one time per session) yes, it will open only one time per session...

Best Regards

I also tested to load your cookies.js and custompopup.tpl files on my ftp but the popup no appears on destok and mobile

• 1 month later...

Excellent module that works well on PrestaShop 1.6.1.24, does exactly what it says on the box and is very flexible in both look and feel, as well as positioning within PS.

The code is easy to understand for when I needed to make a small modification and it is absolutly stunning that the developer distributes this on the general license.

If you looking for a customisable popup, I would highly recomend this module.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @electriz

I have tried twice to make a donation for the Custom Popup module, but on each occasion my card (different cards) was refused.

I checked the gMail address that you have attached and sent you an email which I have not received a response to.

My question is... Does that gMail account still accept payments and if so, what am I doing wrong.

It's a great module and I would dearly like to make a small donation to at least say thank you for all your great work 🙂

Rgrds Deryk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 1.7.7 in php 7.1 and the module was working ok.

Then an error in backoffice and I had to activate debugging mode. Then then frontoffice collapse.

I tried to delete the /var/cache folder. Nothing. I disable the module and my frontpage went live again.

412610531_.thumb.png.3b4f9eebee754212067f49cc409e1e90.png

I have 1.7.7 in php 7.1 and the module was working ok.

Then an error in backoffice and I had to activate debugging mode. Then then frontoffice collapse.

I tried to delete the /var/cache folder. Nothing. I disable the module and my frontpage went live again.

Here the same situation

Version 1.7.7.0  php 7.2

• 3 weeks later...

New version is out (2.4.0), this error should not appear anymore. Check first post in this topic to download new module version. Cheers.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, electriz said:

New version is out (2.4.0), this error should not appear anymore. Check first post in this topic to download new module version. Cheers.

I looks that works correctly in 1.7.7. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey, having trouble downloading the current version of the module on PrestaCraft.com I can´t get past the Capcha.

And also I can´t find it on addons.prestashop.com

br

Florian

hi, I´m trying to have a video playing int the popup. It works so far but there is a problem:

when the popup gets closed, the audio of the video keeps playing in the background. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I also tryed to implement autoplay autoplay="autoplay" in the HTML code but it does not work at all.

Also I´m getting errors displayed in backoffice->modules->custom popup (see screenshot) even though I allready deleted the smarty cache. However, it does not seem to interfear with the modules functionality.

I run prestashop 1.6.1.18

any ideas?

thanks for the help

Florian

Popup modul.jpg

Edited by plasticmonk (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. In the latest version of the module that I have updated, v2.4.0, there is no way to get it with the transparent background. Before it did come out transparent, but with the last update it has stopped coming out transparent, the entire background comes out in black. For this I leave the background color field in the popup style blank. My store is https://cositaschulas.com, it is a prestashop 1.6 and has the default template, the bootstrap. Thank you very much for your attention, greetings. Hector

Edited by cositaschulas (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

this is an awesome module! thanks! 

I have a quastion for this module. is it possible that when somebody goes to my site, it will see the pop-up at homepage and when he is looking at my site en press the home button, that he won't get the pop-up again? 

this happens now and could me annoying

thanks in advance!

On 2/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, cositaschulas said:

Hello. In the latest version of the module that I have updated, v2.4.0, there is no way to get it with the transparent background. Before it did come out transparent, but with the last update it has stopped coming out transparent, the entire background comes out in black. For this I leave the background color field in the popup style blank. My store is https://cositaschulas.com, it is a prestashop 1.6 and has the default template, the bootstrap. Thank you very much for your attention, greetings. Hector

1 hour ago, Kris van Dongen said:

this is an awesome module! thanks! 

I have a quastion for this module. is it possible that when somebody goes to my site, it will see the pop-up at homepage and when he is looking at my site en press the home button, that he won't get the pop-up again? 

this happens now and could me annoying

thanks in advance!

Read previous posts you will find the answer :)

Best Regards

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with this module and my prestashop theme.

The popup is showed in the end of the homepage (I must scroll to the bottom of the page).

What I can do to fix this problem and show the popup in the top of the page?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks a lot for this module who works 100% on my Prestashop 1.7.

Just a little modification :

To change background blur, modify */modules/custompopup/views/css/popip.css, then add the code below :

.tingle-modal--visible .tingle-modal-box {
max-width: 500px; //modify the max width of pop up
background:#ffffff00; //I just add two zero after the color hex code and it works
}

I'm not pro so maybe you can find other perfect ways to custom your pop up, this is what I made for my shop :

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have problems with the configuration of the module. I have a multistore i a want to use some stores, but not in all. I can install the module but i can´y access t the configuration.

Anyone have the same problem?

Prestashop 1.7.5.2

Thank you all.

4 hours ago, manuel.gl said:

Hello, i have problems with the configuration of the module. I have a multistore i a want to use some stores, but not in all. I can install the module but i can´y access t the configuration.

Anyone have the same problem?

Prestashop 1.7.5.2

Thank you all.

What means "You can't access to the configuration" ? 

Capture-d-e-cran-2021-04-26-a-21-24-05.p

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, heila49 said:

What means "You can't access to the configuration" ? 

Capture-d-e-cran-2021-04-26-a-21-24-05.p

It means that, if I click on the settings, it keeps thinking and does not get to access, and i need to restart apache.

This is the error.

Thank you

error.png

Edited by manuel.gl
Add more information (see edit history)