[Free Module] Block Instagram

Hi everybody, we made a new version of our Instagram feed module, based on the new API. Installation and configuration simplified, just authorize the module to access the account, and the token is self generated. Have fun, module is here.

PS: we also fixed the js issue

Citation

ReferenceError: slider_width is not definedcs_instagram.js:25:4

Edited by Prestashop Addict (see edit history)

On 12/28/2019 at 7:30 AM, Prestashop Addict said:

What do you mean by hover effect ?

I've seen some websites with instagram integrated on their sites and whenever I hover, The images go gray and show the instagram logo. I'd really like this effect, I tried creating it using developer tools, but had no luck.

6 minutes ago, Juan Rios1 said:

I've seen some websites with instagram integrated on their sites and whenever I hover, The images go gray and show the instagram logo. I'd really like this effect, I tried creating it using developer tools, but had no luck.

You can do this by adding your own CSS codes in your own CSS files. And eventually, for adding another DOM elements that you want but not there in this module's files by adding what you want (the instagram logo for example) in this module's template files.

Edited by YitongM (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

First, thanks for this module. I hope it can be fix for my need.

Is it normal that I don't see the ''Connecter à votre compte Instagram'''s button?

And you think it will be possible to fix it in the displayFooter section?

Thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...
Le 12/01/2020 à 5:16 AM, Mathieu Roy a dit :

And you think it will be possible to fix it in the displayFooter section?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, there is a new pro version of our Intagram module for Prestashop 1.7, with a lot of options to display, positions : home, before footer, footer, column... and design : mosaic, slider, title on/off. The module works on PS 1.6 and 1.7.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an issue using the module "Block Instagram" in PS 1.7

The instagram photos are displayed vertically (in a column) after enabling cache in PS.

The issue has already mentioned on the thread but i didn't see any resolution of that.

Could you please help me with that? What should i do to fix it?

Thank you in advance,

George

On 3/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, Prestashop Addict said:

Hi @justine123 do you have curl extension installed in your hosting environement ? Please turn debug on in Prestashop backoffice to have more details about the error.

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Yes I have cURL installed (version: 7.19.7).

I've turned on the debug mode and here are screenshots:

when I open the module to configure -> http://prntscr.com/rh31lx

when I connect in instagram -> http://prntscr.com/rh321y

19 hours ago, Prestashop Addict said:

@justine123 it seems you have an old version of the module installed. Please download the latest one 1.4.0 reinstall and clear browser cache.

I had the 1.3 version, that's why it didn't work. I've installed the 1.4 version and now its working fine. Thank you so much!

On 3/12/2020 at 10:38 AM, george90 said:

Hi,

I have an issue using the module "Block Instagram" in PS 1.7

The instagram photos are displayed vertically (in a column) after enabling cache in PS.

The issue has already mentioned on the thread but i didn't see any resolution of that.

Could you please help me with that? What should i do to fix it?

Thank you in advance,

George

Could somebody please help me with that?

now i have disabled cache in order to display correctly (in a row) the instagram photos.

Thank you in advance

George

Hi George,

as I already explained to you, you have a javascript error that block execution of the slider script. You can see error in console in browser inspector.

Citation

Content Security Policy: Les param√®tres de la page ont emp√™ch√© le chargement d‚Äôune ressource¬†√† eval (¬ę¬†script-src¬†¬Ľ). m=gmeviewer_base:38:487

So this is not an issue of our module.

Regards

27 minutes ago, Prestashop Addict said:

Hi George,

as I already explained to you, you have a javascript error that block execution of the slider script. You can see error in console in browser inspector.

So this is not an issue of our module.

Regards

Hi

If you mean the following, then it isn't related with the the slider script. This error is appeared also with disabling the cache prestashop (as it's working now).

But my issue is displayed each time that the cache is on.

m=gmeviewer_base:775 [Violation] 'setTimeout' handler took 135ms

Could you please help with that?

The module version is 1.3.5

Thank you 

George

Hello,

It seems that using this module will give access to the company "Comonsoft" to user's profile and medias.
People are connecting to their instagram account through the Comonsoft instagram application.

It would be nice to warn the users.

15 minutes ago, userbot666 said:

Hello @george90, have you solved the issue? I'm having the same problem, and no solution found so far...No js errors in console

Hi,

No. I haven't solved the issue as i haven't received any hint on this yet.

Could you please someone help us?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Prestashop Addict said:

@userbot666Please could you provide your web site url and the exact message. It seems to be an issue with Google Maps integration as "m=gmeviewer_base" is part of Google Maps javascript code.

@Prestashop Addict there is no issue with google maps as i have already mentioned. I disabled the integration with google maps and the issue also arises when cache is enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am constantly getting this error: Cannot get long access token!

After authorizing the plugin with my Instagram account. I have tried multiple IG accounts, still the same error.

Were there any changes in Istagram's API policy?

Thank you.

Hello ! the module isn't working anymore on my website, the slide disappeared from the home page. I tried to remove it and add it again, but now when i try to connect to my instagram account, i have an error message "cannot get long access token!". What should I do to fix this problem ? 

Thank you for your help! 

Capture d‚ÄôeŐĀcran 2020-04-24 aŐÄ 12.22.46.png

9 minutes ago, Prestashop Addict said:

Hi, works now, Instagram has temporary disable our API ūüėě due to not enough activities during last 90 days. F..k COVID-19

Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Awesome module, thanks! Just have an problem when debug mode on. Keep getting this error and I was wondering if you have an quick fix?

(1/1) ContextErrorException

Notice: Undefined variable: width_slider

in csoft_instagramfeeds.php line 97

Il y a 2 heures, ilisiaraul a dit :

Hello! Awesome module, thanks! Just have an problem when debug mode on. Keep getting this error and I was wondering if you have an quick fix?

Hi which version do you use, this issue has been fixed. Latest version is 1.4.3 you can download it again

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Prestashop Addict said:
2 hours ago, ilisiaraul said:

Hi which version do you use, this issue has been fixed. Latest version is 1.4.3 you can download it again

I saw it at the beginning of the post, but I was still wrong. After downloading again now, it works without errors. Thanks and good job!

Il y a 16 heures, Gregpresta1 a dit :

hello, can we use it for Prestashop 1.5.6

Hi, unfortunately this is a too old version to adapt a free module ūüėě We keep retro compatibility from 1.6 only, sorry.
Reagrds

OK, it doesn't seem to work for me on 1.7.5.0. I have curl installed (I don't have imagick though, but that should not be a problem, since it's only a recommendation). My display function doesn't seem to work properly. I've added 2 test outputs and the .tpl doesn't seem to be hooked with homepage. I've tried clearing the PS and browser's cache.

insta2.jpg

insta1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, thank you for this great module.

Is there any way to auto refresh the feed that is displayed on the website, thanks to this module? I mean, right after a picture is sent on the Instagram account ?

Currently, what I need to do is to clear cache each time I want a picture to be displayed. In other way, I need to wait few hours (I didn't check how long it takes exactly).

Thank you.

Le 13/06/2020 à 7:29 PM, Canti a dit :

Hello, thank you for this great module.

Is there any way to auto refresh the feed that is displayed on the website, thanks to this module? I mean, right after a picture is sent on the Instagram account ?

Currently, what I need to do is to clear cache each time I want a picture to be displayed. In other way, I need to wait few hours (I didn't check how long it takes exactly).

Thank you.

Hi, you can specify in the module properties to refresh each hour.

• 1 month later...

Hi @sarbat, usually this happens when the fopenurl function is not enabled in php. Pleas check with your hosting service. We need it to capture original picture from instagram and resize to your prestashop theme, to be mobile and SEO friendly ūüėČ

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
il y a 21 minutes, CMirandaR a dit :

@Prestashop Addict In the console of my browser no error is displayed.

Without any accès it's not easy to help you. It may be caused by a js error, a cache issue, a theme issue... Clear all cache, clear cache browser, and test again and check if module js are correctly loaded.

Hello, i'm having a new problem with the module. I get this error when it's activated on the home page of the site. (it's only hooked on the home page just to be clear):

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I changed the PHP version to 7.3  (was on 7.0), I cleared the cache, and updated the module to the last version.

What else could I try to fix the issue?

Best regards!

Il y a 11 heures, Mathieu Roy a dit :

Hello, i'm having a new problem with the module. I get this error when it's activated on the home page of the site. (it's only hooked on the home page just to be clear):

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I changed the PHP version to 7.3  (was on 7.0), I cleared the cache, and updated the module to the last version.

What else could I try to fix the issue?

Best regards!

Please turn Prestashop to debug mode and see the error report.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

is there any possibility to show videos added to Instagram account?

Edit:

I found strange behavior - when you resize view to lower then 767px, images are getting lower width then height, i.e. i have set slider height to 250px and when I resize, width changes to 220px and images arent 1:1 anymore. I cant find which function changes these values, because these are stored in style="" property and are changed dynamicly when resizing.

Edit2: 

I found reason - MinSlides was set to 2, you should consinder changing it to 1 or enable change in backoffice.

Edited by CLEVER DESIGN (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 1:41 PM, Prestashop Addict said:

@TinoArts hi, this is strange, do you have a cache module installled. Without url and PS configuration , it's diffcult to help you ūüėČ

A little delay but I still haven't figured this out.

The URL of the store is new.catus.sk 
It is running on 1.7.5.0

Theme is sp_market2 

Any help will be really appreciated. If necessary, I can send you credentials privately. Thank you.

Il y a 2 heures, TinoArts a dit :

It is running on 1.7.5.0

Theme is sp_market2 

Any help will be really appreciated. If necessary, I can send you credentials privately. Thank you.

Please, contact-us in private to give access to backoffice, so we could help you.

Il y a 21 heures, TinoArts a dit :

It is running on 1.7.5.0

Theme is sp_market2 

After investigate, the issue is because your theme doesn't use the displayHome hook, and our module use this hook. Ask the developer if you cannot change templates by yourself to call the displayHome hook.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I just installed the module, but I can't seem to graft it anywhere.

Do you have any idea what is blocking?

The module is visible at the bottom of the home page, is it possible to display it in the footer?

315961677_Capturedecran2021-02-16a14_50_23.thumb.png.05177105e4f5a7c8c9d6b7dde81b206e.png

Thank you

Edited by Skyo (see edit history)

il y a 46 minutes, Skyo a dit :

Hello, 

I just installed the module, but I can't seem to graft it anywhere.

Do you have any idea what is blocking?

The module is visible at the bottom of the home page, is it possible to display it in the footer?

Thank you

Dear @Skyo the free module is only hooked to displayHome.

Best Regards

• Like 1

Ok, thank you for your quick reply. And a big thank you for the simplicity of setting up the module!

Is it possible to add a title to the module ? (such as "Find us on Instagram")

il y a une heure, Skyo a dit :

Ok, thank you for your quick reply. And a big thank you for the simplicity of setting up the module!

Is it possible to add a title to the module ? (such as "Find us on Instagram")

Sure, you can modify the template /modules/csoft_instagramfeeds/views/templates/hook/csInstagramFeeds.tpl
and add a title like this just after the <section> opened tag :

<h2 class="h2">{l s='Find us on Instagram' mod='csoft_instagramfeeds'}</h2>

You can change the class according to your theme.

Have fun

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hello

i have an error after active the plugin

Notice: Undefined index: data in modules/csoft_instagramfeeds/csoft_instagramfeeds.php on line 411

can anyone help?

thanks a lot 

• 1 month later...
Il y a 22 heures, Marcos MrSocial a dit :

Hello i use the free version of the Module the pro version y posible attach to other Hooks? example my personalized hook? thanks

Hi Marcos, the pro version can be attached to the following hooks:

displayHome
        displayFooterBefore
        displayRightColumn
        displayLeftColumn
        displayFooter

Best Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I see the free version uses an "app" you created to use the Instagram API which is hosted on your server: 

$insta_get_code_uri = 'https://api.instagram.com/oauth/authorize/?app_id=2579353572117851&scope=user_profile,user_media&redirect_uri='.urlencode('https://www.comonsoft.com/api/access-token.php').'&response_type=code&state='.urlencode($insta_return_uri).'&hl='.$this->context->language->iso_code;

specifically: 

https://www.comonsoft.com/api/access-token.php

When granting access to the app, you get the clear message from Instagram:

By allowing, Module Prestashop Insta will receive ongoing access to your information and Instagram will record when Module Prestashop Insta accesses it. Learn more about this sharing and the settings you have.

I do not want to grant access to my Instagram account to an app controlled by you that is running code on your server. This is a huge security and data privacy hole. 

How does this work on the pro version? Is it entirely in the client's server and control? 

Posted (edited)
il y a 12 minutes, w3bsolutions a dit :

Hi, I see the free version uses an "app" you created to use the Instagram API which is hosted on your server: 

$insta_get_code_uri = 'https://api.instagram.com/oauth/authorize/?app_id=2579353572117851&scope=user_profile,user_media&redirect_uri='.urlencode('https://www.comonsoft.com/api/access-token.php').'&response_type=code&state='.urlencode($insta_return_uri).'&hl='.$this->context->language->iso_code;

specifically: 

https://www.comonsoft.com/api/access-token.php

When granting access to the app, you get the clear message from Instagram:

I do not want to grant access to my Instagram account to an app controlled by you that is running code on your server. This is a huge security and data privacy hole. 

How does this work on the pro version? Is it entirely in the client's server and control? 

Dear¬† @w3bsolutions I can assure your we don't keep any data from your Instagram account. The API used under our server is used to allow accreditation and to generate automatically the token for you. If you are afraid about it, you can generate the token and long access token by yoursel, you'll see all the code you'll have to write to do it ūüėČ

@Prestashop AddictI never said you keep any data, but that still doesn't mean that you don't have access to it. You have access to it... right? 

1) Couldn't that accreditation/token generation file be contained in the module files and use the client server as the redirect_uri?

2) Does it work the same in the PRO version?

P.S. I am not afraid of writing code, that's my job... I just wanted to clarify that. I think its important. 

Il y a 14 heures, w3bsolutions a dit :

@Prestashop AddictI never said you keep any data, but that still doesn't mean that you don't have access to it. You have access to it... right? 

1) Couldn't that accreditation/token generation file be contained in the module files and use the client server as the redirect_uri?

2) Does it work the same in the PRO version?

P.S. I am not afraid of writing code, that's my job... I just wanted to clarify that. I think its important. 

The only things saved in PS are ID token, and instagram user account name delivered by accreditation. We can only have access to generate a long access token no user and personal information (you can read Instagram basic API specification to understand what we do).

1) Of course you can, but you have to
  a - create an Instagram dev account
  b - create a app
  c - create an access token
  d - generate a long acces token (see specs of life time token duration

Our app in our server does c and d for you otherwise the module should be adapted for each Instagram account ūüėě

2) Same

Regards

• Like 1