en Jump to content
MrManchot

[Free Module] Block Instagram

Block Instagram : Display Instagram pics from an account

The module is available here : https://github.com/MrManchot/blockinstagram

The "master" branch will only be compatible with 1.7
I set up a "1.6.x" branch to maintain 1.6 compatibility

To make it easier, here are the download links:

"Source code (zip)", one will get a file named "blockinstagram-1.2.4.zip". Inside, there is a folder named "blockinstagram-1.2.4". To make the import facilities of Prestashop work, one has to unpack it, rename the folder to "blockinstagram" and zip it as "blockinstagram.zip".

Hope it may help you :)

Edited by MrManchot

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

@Felipe_CN What is your problem ?

@OTOKO : The file is in the correct path : /modules/blockinstagram/blockinstagram.php ? What is your Prestashop version ?

You should see that in the BO :

ZrVi9Q9.png

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

@Felipe_CN What is your problem ?

@OTOKO : The file is in the correct path : /modules/blockinstagram/blockinstagram.php ? What is your Prestashop version ?

You should see that in the BO :

ZrVi9Q9.png

Hi! I solved the problem. After I upload the zip file, the module didn't appears in prestashop modules (modules > modules). So I went in my FTP and upload manually all the files that was in the zip file in to a new folder  named "blockinstagram"  (.../modules/blockinstagram) and now it appears on my prestashop desktop and works perfectly!

Hi Mr Manchot.

When i upload the zip, prestashop 1.6.1 tell me: "the module has been added" 

But i see nothing in the BO and nothing in the file /modules/.

I tried 2 times without success.

Thank you

Hi MrManchot,

I think I found the reason why the module is not showing up:

Apparently, Prestashop does not like folder names with a dash in it. I unpacked the archive, renamed the folder from "blockinstagram-master" to "blockinstagram" and packed it again as "blockinstagram.zip". Then it was added correctly and visible in the modules list in the back office.

Kind regards,

Florian

There you go, see attachment. I have used the non-formal way of saying "Follow us on" (in German "Folge uns bei" instead of the formal "Folgen Sie uns bei"), but feel free to change that.

And concerning the file and folder name, maybe you could give advice similar to this in your very first post:

When someone visits your GitHub page, clicks "Clone or download", and then "Download ZIP", one will get a file named "blockinstagram-master.zip". Inside, there is a folder named "blockinstagram-master". To make the import facilities of Prestashop work, one has to unpack it, rename the folder to "blockinstagram" and zip it as "blockinstagram.zip".

Kind regards,

Florian

de.php

I need anyone's help in customizing just a small thing.

I have downloaded and installed this Instagram module and its working perfect without any issues.

However, I don't want to have image size option in its module configuration. Can you please provide only the modified files for this change?
Also, I didn't understand the purpose of function "imagickResize". Is this function (or method) still needed if we remove the image size option?

I'm familiar with Prestashop code so you can explain in technical language.

@MrManchot im new with prestashop, i installed module in localhost and works perfetcly but in my server doesnt works, any help?

The module is not working, or you cant' see it ?

Activate debug mode, for to read errors: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

Activate debug mode, for to read errors: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

i can't see it, i print 'instagram_pics|count' and is =0 for that reason dont continue adding the template ({if isset($instagram_pics) && $instagram_pics|count > 0}...) , but i dont undesrtand why becouse in localhost works good

i can't see it, i print 'instagram_pics|count' and is =0 for that reason dont continue adding the template ({if isset($instagram_pics) && $instagram_pics|count > 0}...) , but i dont undesrtand why becouse in localhost works good

Edited by daniellopezcano10

Hi, I have done everything yet I cannot see it in the front office. Module is instaled, set and hooked in the displayHome, yet I cannot see it when I open the page. Any ideas?

Hi,

I have an issue; a few days ago the module stopped working; i can't see it in the home page anymore. Nothing has been changed, it just stopped working.  I uninstalled and installed back, everything seems normal in backoffice, hook is ok but it just won't show.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Well done for this module!

I would like to transplant the module to a different position but it allows me only for the Displayhome position. Is it possible to have more options ?

Thanks in advance

MrManchot

Very nice work. I have installed in my page and works perfectly. I have created a Spanish translation but not all the tags show in Spanish (maybe you have upgraded the code and have new codes for the tags). These are the ones not being translated:
- Image format
- Resize in pixel
- Follow .. in Instagram

Anyway I am attaching it in case you would like to add it to your zip.

Thank you

es.php

On 30/9/2016 at 0:01 PM, selectshop.at said:

Hi.
i installed the module but doesnt work. i will activated the debug mode and appears this error.

"Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.instagram.com/maquifit/media/): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/maquifit/public_html/modules/blockinstagram/blockinstagram.php on line 178
Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /home/maquifit/public_html/modules/blockinstagram/blockinstagram.php on line 179"

please help! :D

There an error in blockinstagram.php file, scripts counts likes as comments, on line 243 there is:

'comments' => self::niceNumberDisplay($item->likes->count),

should be

'comments' => self::niceNumberDisplay($item->comments->count),

You can see demo in action here

Edited by vkmaxx

6 hours ago, vkmaxx said:

There an error in blockinstagram.php file, scripts counts likes as comments, on line 243 there is:

'comments' => self::niceNumberDisplay($item->likes->count),

should be

'comments' => self::niceNumberDisplay($item->comments->count),

You can see demo in action here

Thank you, I have correct this bug ;)

1 minute ago, isnob46 said:

hi,this module was working very good untile yesterday,today dont show instagram image,why?

Try to re-generate your access token, sometime for some security reasons Instagram reset your access token

2 minutes ago, ets-soft said:

Try to re-generate your access token, sometime for some security reasons Instagram reset your access token

yeah! i just change instagram account and back to old account and now work good! ty :)

Thank you for this module! Can we have an option for displaying the images in a carousel/slider instead of rows?

Hi, for no reason my instagram module stopped working. So I tried download again the module, add in the prestashop by ftp server and it doesn't show in my modules list to install and configure it. Any ideas?

@MrManchot Thank you so much for this awesome Instagram module and it works fine for me. 

Is it possible to assign this module to new page namely "gallery" to show all instagram images.

Now I see only home page content in module position option.

Anyone help me to find a solution.

Best regards,

Vijay