How to force different billing and shipping addresses?

This seems to be a common problem but I've found no solutions. The shop is for a florist, so they absolutely do not want the shipping and billing addresses to be the same. However, the default makes it do this.

How can we force the customer to create a new address for delivery of the flowers?

Using PrestaShop version 1.6.0.14

Edited by energise (see edit history)

There is no option to enable this because I think is absurd, and why?,

Please imagine that you have achieved to force the fill of both forms invoice and delivery address, so, if the customer wants both forms with the same information, then will fill both forms with the same information, or, you want to force also that both forms should be different?, because this is even more absurd.

• 7 months later...

Coming to this post late but I can completely understand that client's point. We have the same issue with our florist client. Yes, in some cases it is indeed the spouse at the same address who is ordering flowers, but for 95% of cases, flowers are being ordered for girlfriends, friends, parents, grandparents, work colleagues, neighbours etc. and when it is indeed for a spouse, in most cases the spouse is not necessarily sitting at home but is out at a job during the day (when flower deliveries are being made) and flowers therefore get delivered to their work address for maximum effect!!! So the orders placed from the same delivery address as the invoice address is actually quite small - hence the request is definitely not absurd!

In our case, the only thing we've been able to do is force the invoice address fields to be visible by default (ie. the "Tick if billing address is same as delivery address" checkbox is ticked by default) rather than hidden. So the customer needs to untick the checkbox specifically to hide the invoice fields. We have found that there was a big increase in customers filling in these fields. 

It's too long ago that I can remember the exact code change - sorry! But it was done in the /themes/your_theme/order-address.tpl file I'm sure.