Prestashop Cloud Discontinued? How long do we still have?

ubv

Question

We have seen that the cloud version is no longer being offered on the prestashop website (unless you hide your ip address)

Do we have to change to the hosted version?

How long do we have until the cloud version of Prestashop will be switched off? 

We have worked long and hard on getting our shop ready and now this? We are now unsure of Prestashop's future; if we are going to build our business on Prestashop then we need some reliable information!

Please Prestashop give us some information about what is going on with the cloud; there is no official information availble on this forum, the website or press releases!

11 answers to this question

Hello ubv,

We are waiting for more precise information (from the top management) in the upcoming weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have any answer to your questions for now. :(

It is very precise answer. Thank you for being honest. For me, the Cloud is dead.

Hi, i have a shop on the Prestashop cloud and i'm really happy about my experience that i decided to open another shop for other products this way but i've just seen that it wasn't available yet.

Will it be available soon?

Because i've already bought a domain name but i haven't bought a Linux Hosting that seems necessary, right? 

So what can i do? in case it won't be available i have to buy a Linux hosting right?

hope that you won't delete the cloud option because it's really easy to use and comfy :-)

thanks 

Vale

Hi, @Antoine Flavigny, is there any news? It has been weeks since the original question. It would be great to here something, one way or the other.

There are lots of other companies e.g Odoo, who offer cloud options, but charge for some of them, and some who offer different server speeds for different prices. Maybe Presta should consider that sort of model. It shouldn't be a simple "offer cloud for free or not at all" question, but a question about how a suitable solution can be found for everyone, for example by charging for the service.

Please let us know if we can rely on the Prestshop Cloud for the future or not, there is a lot riding on this!

Thank you!

It is very precise answer. Thank you for being honest. For me, the Cloud is dead.

For me too. My shop was deleted, and support told me to open a new. But well the option is not available anymore for AT (and from what I can read here many other countries, too....)

The best is to take a paid Prestashop pre-installed package on any other hoster, like OVH itself.... - (see ecommerce section there)