Unable to Login to Admin after upgrade

After updating my prestashop from 1.6.0.14 to 1.6.1.6 I am no longer able to login to the admin. 

1. I go to store admin and it loads prestashop login for backoffice.

2. I login correctly with no error message given back and redirect is given to AdminDashboard

3. Browser remains at login page not allowing access to the dashboard.

I have searched across several forums and seen numerous posts listing a similar issue due to various causes. I have tried all that i could find, but to no avail. I have been stuck on this for several hours and I am at a loss for what more to try.

I have tried clearing my cache and cookies numerous times. Tried using Firefox, Chrome, IE on 2 different machines that have never accessed the backoffice before and a mobile device using cell network and I have the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Knowband Plugins,

Since I didnt get a reply, nor find a solution after so long, I ended up restoring the backup I made and setting things back to 1.6.0.14. 

I would like to, and need to upgrade, but I cant risk having my store go down again.

On a different shared server, for a different website with the same hosting company, I tried upgrading from 1.6.0.14 and it worked just fine. But I had the default theme installed, none of the modules upgraded, and nothing changed or set in the store.

Could having a different theme or modules updated before making the upgrade cause the issue?

Is there something else I could do or provide to help diagnose the issue?

Thanks,

Brian