PHP-FPM

serek

Hi,

could you please fix the major PHP-FPM bug, which prevents PrestaShop from functioning?

This is a super serious bug, which should be eliminated in early alpha versions. How's it possible that several beta versions are obviously broken? :)

Please notice that we won't have enough time to properly test 1.7 in PHP-FPM environment if it is not fixed soon.

Edited by serek (see edit history)

Sorry for my question, but is there any reason for to use php-fpm ? I don't think it is a must have on your server. You can disable it server sided.

I did several tests with it, and have no added value on site/server optimization, if server is already optimized using opcache and fast-cgi in combination of nginx. Sincerely I will not prefere to use php-fpm in this case.

For the administration goodies fpm is giving, well this is a personal (habituation) thing I think...

Hi, it's obvious that nginx/PHP-FPM is the most efficient way to serve PHP sites.

@mdekker: it was a key. Even with a new installation some must recreate images to have them visible.

Cheers for a prompt answer, PHP-FPM works very well now.

Edited by serek (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys does Prestashop 1.6.1.6 work with PHP FPM?

I was told using PHP FPM could result in performance improvement of 300%.

Please have a look here

https://www.cloudways.com/blog/php-fpm-on-cloud/?utm_source=ClickNGo+Users+Paid&utm_campaign=fd36caaed8-PHP+FPM+Email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eae2fed6fc-fd36caaed8-90270877

Can somebody confirm if Prestashop 1.6.1.6 works with PHP FPM?

I would very much like to upgrade my server to this feature.

Thanks