Need a Mobile Theme for Prestashop

Hello everyone

I remember that either in v 1.4 or 1.5 of PS, there used to be a mobile theme. In the current version, there is a "mobile" folder in the default theme but is mostly empty.

Is there a way to build a mobile theme on 1.6 so that a responsive theme is not necessary. There are situations where a lighter theme reduced to the basic is more beneficial than a loaded responsive theme.

I assume that big online shops like Amazon does not depend on a responsive theme.

Any useful explanation or guide on this will helpful.

Regards

Mobile responsive content is here to stay, permanently. You must build your content to be mobile responsive. It is also an SEO ranking factor on mobile / tablet searches.

I understand and many have argued from this perspective, but I think responsive themes are much more suitable for blog and content websites than medium and large eCommerce websites. 

I do not think most of the popular large online store like Amazon, Wallmart and other large websites, etc depends on responsive themes and I am sure they have their reasons for doing so. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Up to 33% of consumer spending is done from a mobile device. Responsive design isn't just for blogs. You don't have to use twitter bootstrap. And if you monitor PrestaShop 1.7 beta, they have removed twitter bootstrap and have used CSS3 and TWIG for the front office theme. There are plenty of learning resources on the web to make a responsive CSS framework.

Sources: http://www.smartinsights.com/mobile-marketing/mobile-marketing-analytics/mobile-marketing-statistics/