Change the product view item cout back office

mpouliot34

Hello

PrestaShop version: 1.6.0.6

Current theme in use: default-bootstrap

I am wondering where I can change the default display value of products in the product list view.

I know I can change the item count at the bottom but whenever I log out and back in it does not show by default.

I would like to at lease see for example 200 items when I load the section.

On the same section I am also wondering if it is possible to NOT display items that are not in stock by default. 

Thanks

:)

The number of products per page dropdown in the Back Office is populated using line 119 of classes/AdminTab.php:

protected $_pagination = array(20, 50, 100, 300, 1000);

The second value in this array is chosen as the default.

You can change that by creating override/classes/AdminTab.php with the following:

<?php

class AdminTab extends AdminTabCore
{
    public function getList($id_lang, $orderBy = null, $orderWay = null, $start = 0, $limit = null, $id_lang_shop = false)
    {
        if (empty($limit)) {
            $limit = ((!isset($this->context->cookie->{$this->table.'_pagination'})) ? $this->_pagination[2] : $limit = $this->context->cookie->{$this->table.'_pagination'});
        }

parent::getList($id_lang, $orderBy, $orderWay, $start, $limit, $id_lang_shop);
    }
}

This changes $this->_pagination[1] to $this->pagination[2], which causes the third item to be selected by default. Remember to go to Advanced Parameters > Performance and click the "Clear cache" button (or manually delete cache/class_index.php) so that PrestaShop can find the override.

Unfortunately, your second request is not so easy, since PrestaShop v1.6 only lets you filter by a specific value. Luckily, PrestaShop v1.7 lets you filter by a range, so it will be easy to do when you upgrade in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/10/2018 at 12:41 AM, gray said:

Any ideas if the can be done in v1.7

FOR 1.7

The only way i found that work is by doing something like that:

2089381187_codechange.PNG.d56251690fbb9a223b0f48ebb24ff49e.PNG

I dont get it how it works but it makes the point :D
I use Firefox and thats the code inspector...
that object can be found at the box with selection of the default numbers 20, 50, 100, 300

screen4.PNG

screen3.PNG

screen2.PNG