I have a bug when I enable SSL:

[Mon May 12 16:49:19.834211 2014] [:error] [pid 7198] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:41319] PHP Fatal error:  Using $this when not in object context in /home/xxxx/prestashop/modules/smartblog/smartblog.php on line 1042

Any idea ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[New version-SmartBlog] v.4.0.1- SmartBlog for PrestaShop 1.7 new update Released. You will be happy to hear that SmartBlog is the most powerful blogging tool for PrestaShop released the latest v

@protechtrader   thank you for your time to give feedback. . smartblog old version must work in 1.6.1.x , Same version of our module is used our all Premium theme like Legenda, Simple Great, Oxy, 

take you time, most do not understand the effort required to test modules to perfection.

Posted Images

@hadim

if your back office is enable SSL when you try to active the blog it show this error. We have solve the error in our next release. Just for now login back office without https and enable the blog. It will work.

• Like 1

Going to purchase high priced Prestashop blog module? No need! The most powerful Prestashop blog module is free from now!!

Yes, we Smartdatasoft proudly declaring one of our most promising development “SmartBlogModule”- a full functioning blog module for Prestashop; as an open-source product.

As a symbol of regards for our precious clients and our social commitment towardsPrestashop stakeholder community; we are very happy to make this product open-source for all.

The necessity of a strong blog system like Wordpress was a long awaiting expectation fromPrestashop lovers. Still now this full extent feature is not embedded in latest Prestashop version and available market place modules are highly priced. We think this open-source blog platform will not only help the end users but also will open the unlimited opportunities for multi-diverse-multipurpose use of Prestashop and  it`s contributors.

We are dedicating this module to the entire Prestashop family and all of our clients; without whom, Smartdatasoft would not be at current position.

ps_blog_feature_list.jpg

Features:

• Flexible structure as blog platform- you have unlimited scope for building modules for this parent blog module and adding new features.
  • Everyone is welcome for development contribution, free personal use and voluntary donationfor re-distributional use.
  • Built in features-
  •  
  • Blog archive
  • Blog categories
  • Blog Facebook Share
  • Home latest
  • Latest comments
  • Add button
  • Popular post
  • Recent post
  • Regular post
  • Blog search
  • Blog tag

Demo          Documentation

Update History :

3-27-2014

* bug fix for  smartblogarchive.zip

I have installed this blog module on my live prestashop v1.5.5 and the installation went just fine, however, once I´ve installed the SmartBlogHomeLatestNews module my main page (index.php) went blank and on IE I see a 500 internal error.

I have also install all the modules listed above. At the moment they´re all installed but disabled.

Is there a fix to this problem,

Many thanks,

Rolando.

I have installed this blog module on my live prestashop v1.5.5 and the installation went just fine, however, once I´ve installed the SmartBlogHomeLatestNews module my main page (index.php) went blank and on IE I see a 500 internal error.

Are you using ssl? I had the same problem, but when I unselected the use ssl for all pages it works.

Just a slight problem with caching now, I have to shut down caching for it to render new blog items.....

@neomarck

Our upcoming version will release soon. You can find on this forum.

Ok, maybe I was not very clear, I'm sorry, I want to download the current version of  the module, which is supposed to be the latest one, so I can try it and test it. I know there will be a new release soon, but for now, I need hte current/last version. Could you please let me know where I can download it? thanks

Edited by neomarck (see edit history)

@neomarck

On the first page of this topic ;) CLICK THERE  :) 

Attached Files

Going to purchase high priced Prestashop blog module? No need! The most powerful Prestashop blog module is free from now!!

Yes, we Smartdatasoft proudly declaring one of our most promising development “SmartBlogModule”- a full functioning blog module for Prestashop; as an open-source product.

As a symbol of regards for our precious clients and our social commitment towardsPrestashop stakeholder community; we are very happy to make this product open-source for all.

The necessity of a strong blog system like Wordpress was a long awaiting expectation fromPrestashop lovers. Still now this full extent feature is not embedded in latest Prestashop version and available market place modules are highly priced. We think this open-source blog platform will not only help the end users but also will open the unlimited opportunities for multi-diverse-multipurpose use of Prestashop and  it`s contributors.

We are dedicating this module to the entire Prestashop family and all of our clients; without whom, Smartdatasoft would not be at current position.

ps_blog_feature_list.jpg

Features:

• Flexible structure as blog platform- you have unlimited scope for building modules for this parent blog module and adding new features.
  • Everyone is welcome for development contribution, free personal use and voluntary donationfor re-distributional use.
  • Built in features-
  •  
  • Blog archive
  • Blog categories
  • Blog Facebook Share
  • Home latest
  • Latest comments
  • Add button
  • Popular post
  • Recent post
  • Regular post
  • Blog search
  • Blog tag

Demo          Documentation

Update History :

3-27-2014

* bug fix for  smartblogarchive.zip

Thank you!

For best use, I suggest to use the Top Header menu (custom menu), and then add a custom link to the blog module.

Thank you so much, You saved my wasting of time, instead of using blogspot or wordpress.

Just one question: it's better to have a domain like: mysite.com/blog or blog.mysite.com?

www.laprimiziamilano.com

@hadim

if your back office is enable SSL when you try to active the blog it show this error. We have solve the error in our next release. Just for now login back office without https and enable the blog. It will work.

I don´t have ssl enabled and it doesn´t work. When I enable SmartBlogHomeLatest module I get a blank page on Chome and on IE 11 I get 500 internal error.

any help, please...

Thks

@hadim

Hi,

I dont have ssl enabled and when a activate SmartBlog Home Latest News i get an error:  500 Internal Server Error in ie version 11, in google chrome i get a blank page. I have deleted all of my ssl even from my server and it still doesn´t work.

PS: all other modules belonging to SmartBlog are installed and dont seem to cause any error.

AS per installation guide, all I need to see the blog option live on the web is to have the main smart blog module and the home latest news. Will it work without the home latest news module?

please help

many thanks.

Edited by rasfonseca (see edit history)

Hello,

i have same problem like @Fran Serrano:

- Some sizes and colours of the fonts of the rest of the website change. For example, if I activate your module the 1, 2, 3, 4.... (list of the product pages) turns white and that's the same colour that the background. So, then the numbers can't be read.

Do you have some idea, how to fix it? I have latest version of PS and default theme.

Thanx

Are you using ssl? I had the same problem, but when I unselected the use ssl for all pages it works.

Just a slight problem with caching now, I have to shut down caching for it to render new blog items.....

Hi,

I am not using ssl configuration on prestshop and not using ssl on my server configuration as well and I am still having the problem. I have also noticed that if I enable SmartBlog Category module i have the same problem - 500 Internal server error.

Any Help is very much appreciated!

how do i get it in the top horizontal menu?

what version of prestashop are you on? I am v1.5.5.0 and SmartBlog is not working.  I get a 500 internal server error.

Thks.

@rasfonseca

Yes it will work without home latest news module

So, why it is not working with ps 1.5.5? what am I doing wrong?

Is been 3 days now that I am having this problem and NO HELP, so far

Would someone at SDS support help with detailed installation and troubleshooting guideline?

Thank you.

Edited by rasfonseca (see edit history)

@rasfonseca

Can you enable the error show , check what kind of error show for that. You may notice that we have release the version for 1.6+. Although we have tested this in 1.5.6.2 and work fine.

@Smartdatasoft

Since you helped me, all works fine !

However more fonctions could be good ! You're speaking from a new version, when will it be released ? I want it :D

Best regards!

i really love these modules. thanks for sharing.

works fine with ps1.5.6.1

if i may suggest, maybe you want to add a little feature in BO that let us choose wheather to display feature image or not. but  that's just me :D

Edited by Andr3Ace (see edit history)

why blog category always show 

i already delete all category,... tq

Friendly url need to be rewrote.

preference - SEO & URL's - change Friendly URL status - save - change status Friendly URL back - save

just found out i got the same problems

Hi SDS,

This probably is one of the most important modules that prestashop was missing.

However, I am not able to get the frontpage parts working.

I am using a 1.5 shop upgraded to 1.6.0.6 ( local ) and I can't get the categories block to show  on the frontpage.

Are all the files on the top (#1) of this discussion the updated files for 1.6.0.6?

Regards,

Jollywood112

@Andr3Ace

the issue is for cache not clear. Our next version manage the cache clear auto. When new post or category add or delete.

@Jollywood112

Please take a look. Some time prestashop upgrade disable the module. I have face this issue in a shop. So check your module is enable or disable. Or it's hook is there.

@Andr3Ace

the issue is for cache not clear. Our next version manage the cache clear auto. When new post or category add or delete.

@Jollywood112

Please take a look. Some time prestashop upgrade disable the module. I have face this issue in a shop. So check your module is enable or disable. Or it's hook is there.

@ smartdatasoft

Thanks for the answer, I will try this weekend.

Maybe a statement in the #1 post that these are the newest module files would be a good idea.

To me it looked like they were the files posted in March, being the first, not updated, files

Thanks

Jollywood112

@rasfonseca

Can you enable the error show , check what kind of error show for that. You may notice that we have release the version for 1.6+. Although we have tested this in 1.5.6.2 and work fine.

I can not see any error on google chrome, it just give a blank page, the site goes totaly blank. On ie11 I see an 500 internal server error on the tab.

Do you thin smartblog version 1.6 will work on ps 1.5.5.0?

Thanks

@rasfonseca If you share your site url to me by PM. Our technical team will investigate the issue. Or you can disable the smart home latest news and then check.

@calpee

you need to clear cache form prestashop admin panel. disable cache

@rasfonseca If you share your site url to me by PM. Our technical team will investigate the issue. Or you can disable the smart home latest news and then check.

@calpee

you need to clear cache form prestashop admin panel. disable cache

My site url wont show you any error if I enable home latest news module. it just gives you a blank page and the site doesnt work the home page. it will work if I type on the address bar the direct url of any other page. anyway here is the url to my store.  http://kercosmeticos.com.br

Thanks.

Dear Sirs, 

I'd like to use your module, but I would prefer to install directly the very last version, the one you are working on at present. 

Could you tell us when would you release the next version of Smartblog? 

I will wait... 

Thank you for your contribution to the Prestashop Community. 

• Like 1

@rasfonseca

you site is on maintanace mode , it is not possible for me to view.

@corbeginner

We will release soon. Did you try the latest version. We have planed to release the update version withing few week.

Did anyone solve the problem of the clean url's or pretty url's modules not removing the id numbers from smart blog urls? I made that sentence full of keywords for anyone searching this same topic :)

I think there is a class in our module which overwrite that like this.

ul.pagination a, ul.pagination span

Your css is compressed so it is not possible for me to told the line

Thank you for reply.

Could you send me the name of css file, where is "ul.pagination a, ul.pagination span".

Sorry, I´m newbie :)

Edited by Compolux (see edit history)

Thank you for reply.

Could you send me the name of css file, where is "ul.pagination a, ul.pagination span".

Sorry, I´m newbie :)

So, I fixed it. It´s the line "679" in file "smartblogstyle.css"

Hello 

@Smartdatasoft would you be able to advise where I can download the latest version of your software, with the fix in for CCS style sheets so it doesn't mess with my current setup? 

Many Thanks

Thanks Smartdatasoft. Where should i look to download it from ? I assume there is no way you could speed this up.. Sorry I want to use your blog ASAP but the old version breaks my site. 

Edited by IKWeb (see edit history)

Can any one suggest how this module can add on prestashop addons market place as free module like other module. So that all of you will find new update and easy to install from Prestashop back office.

We like to help all of you.

• Like 1

it's not possible to add free module to prestashop addons website.

only partners with some kind of partnership can add these modules there.

ask PS team instead of us, forum members ;)

• Like 1

Hello, 

I am having a problem having my blog pots and smart blog show on my URL. I have checked all of the configurations and read the help book through and through but cannot locate the solution.

Attached is a screen shot of my configuration, and my blog should be located at www.ivapor.ca/Blog but it keeps coming back as a 404 error. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it! 

post-798762-0-34579300-1400654331_thumb.png

• Like 1

hello you put wrong , just put main blog url as blog and send the screen shot once again. i will told you the link

Having same issue, 404 when only "blog" and works with www.mysite.com/blog

Hello, 

I am having a problem having my blog pots and smart blog show on my URL. I have checked all of the configurations and read the help book through and through but cannot locate the solution.

Attached is a screen shot of my configuration, and my blog should be located at www.ivapor.ca/Blog but it keeps coming back as a 404 error. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it! 

i think you should change that 'main blog url' to just like 'smartblog' or 'blog' or 'article'

then it would appear like 'www.domain.com/smartblog/page.html or .../blog/page.html

then clear cache or rewrote friendly url in preference/seo & urls

you ahve to add this link manually as a link to page.

at the bottom of block top menu configuration page you've got tool to define own links.

use it.

@all of you. We are planing to release our upcoming version on withing 1 week. May be withing 2-3 days.

In new version you do not have to struggle to find the blog url. It will show you on smatblog module configuration page what will be your current blog url.

And lots of improvement . :)

post-460779-0-18864700-1400692131_thumb.png

post-460779-0-82929500-1400692137_thumb.png

post-460779-0-22049600-1400692143_thumb.png

• Like 1

It work good in English but i cannot edit image and

SmartBlog Home Latest: Another language (example: vietnamese) it dont work when i have disable  posts (in  english: these posts is disable but its dont disable in vietnamese), error when i click on this post in vietnamese which i had disable:

sorry my english is not good ^^ 

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND pl.id_lang = 2' at line 2

SELECT * FROM ps_smart_blog_category_lang pl, ps_smart_blog_category p
WHERE pl.id_smart_blog_category=p.id_smart_blog_category AND p.id_smart_blog_category= AND pl.id_lang = 2

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630.         }
631.         else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
632.         {
633.             if ($sql)
634.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
635.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
636.         }
637.     }
639.     /**
Edited by minhtailieu (see edit history)

I really appreciate this module, I really wanted a blog and this module is EXACTLY what I was looking for. BUT,,, when I try to install front end features my website doesn't load.. It just shows up as a blank white screen.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!! Because I really want a blog, and have made a couple blog posts, but that won't do any good unless people can find them.

hello, thanks for the module,, it's great.. :) i'm using presta 1.5.5, but why when i install the latestnews, recent, and popular post for this modul always give me blank page ? i'm currently try it on localhost.. is there any solution ?

I have the same problem, an answer would be much appreciated  :)

Hello

When i use this module in mutistore and try to see blog post for all shop its shows error

Bad SQL query
Unknown column 'a.smart_blog_post' in 'group statement'

See attachment for same.

But i had resolve the issue please update your smartblog module

Path of file where need to change

/modules/smartblog/controllers/admin/AdminBlogPostController.php

if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && Shop::getContext() != Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)
{
          $this->_group = 'GROUP BY a.smart_blog_post';
}

issue in this line change tis to below line at line no. 88

$this->_group = 'GROUP BY a.id_smart_blog_post';

Thanks

Vinay Garg

post-542170-0-53361300-1400758175_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hello

When i use this module in mutistore and try to see blog post for all shop its shows error

Bad SQL query

Unknown column 'a.smart_blog_post' in 'group statement'

See attachment for same.

But i had resolve the issue please update your smartblog module

Path of file where need to change

/modules/smartblog/controllers/admin/AdminBlogPostController.php

if (Shop::isFeatureActive() && Shop::getContext() != Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP)

{

$this->_group = 'GROUP BY a.smart_blog_post';

}

issue in this line change tis to below line at line no. 88

$this->_group = 'GROUP BY a.id_smart_blog_post';

Thanks

Vinay Garg

ok I edited my file and changed it to what you said...I don't know if you were answering me or not, but it didn't fix my problem :(

still wherever that module is (product page or home page) the webpage doesn't load correctly, and it's just a white screen

Thanks again

Edited by Copa85 (see edit history)

@Krystian Podemski

Smartblog is full developed from first to last without your module. It is release with our theme before your release on marketplace. 

We only have limitation on upgrade of the module , how to handle that , i asked you about that. And from your module i implement that upgrade that system.

Is there anythings wrong on this.

You released your module after I release SimpleBlog. Change simpleblog to smartblog and our code is nearly identical. I do not think that's by accident. At first, you did not have such a features-rich blog, and then you started to advertise that it will (after SimpleBlog release). I followed exactly what you did.

You have done even function GetSmartBlogUrl() which I gave in my SimpleBlog by accident and that was my mistake! Even our database installation methods are the same...

But do what you want. You've added a lot of new things, let people have, but do not write then that my module is weak, or does not have enough features because it's a little inappropriate.

Edited by Krystian Podemski (see edit history)

@Krystian Podemski

Your simple blog is really good for Prestashop i appreciate your work. But our smartblog module is developer lots of month's ago than your blog module release on codecanyon.

We are facing to how to update a module , for which i post on forum. After that my employer asked you about that how to udpate a module auto and adapt things.

All our code and function is developed by Prestashop best standard. We follow there standard.

@Krystian Podemski

You also do good work. I also believe that. But i have respect other developer. As a elite author on Themeforest. We follow so much strict rules in our development.

We do not use single line of code without anyone's permission. All of our code is developed from scratch. If we take any code from any open source part. We mention that on documentation.

If any one want to see our code history i can prove that. and i will upload our development version before Feb-2014 when Krystian Podemski release there blog module.

After his blog module release we implement the update part in a module for which my empployeer asked him and his update code is put

modules\smartblog\upgrade\install-2.0.0.php

function upgrade_module_2_0_0($object)
{
    //return Db::getInstance()->execute('ALTER TABLE `'._DB_PREFIX_.'simpleblog_post` ADD date_add DATETIME NOT NULL') && Db::getInstance()->execute('ALTER TABLE `'._DB_PREFIX_.'simpleblog_post` ADD date_upd DATETIME NOT NULL');
}

nothing else.

I all time follow blvg and nemo's article.  :) And implement my inovation

Sooo...

Could you please help me with my problem?  :)

Smartblog is working fine, I am able to make new posts and the back office features are working just fine. But when I install and enable the popular posts module, or the "recent posts" module, then my webpage doesn't load properly and only displays a white screen

I appreciate the help!

• Like 1

@Copa85

Which version of PS you are using. I am from GMT+6, I try to to answer your reply at the morning :)

I am using Prestashop version 1.5.4.0

and my website is www.Woudlers.com   (if you need it)

Thanks  :)

@Copa85

In that case you will face problem. As those extra module have chache code , which need to remove. This module is not work those addons in 1.5.4.1

You have to remove the cache code from those module

How would I remove the cache code??

This module is amazing! Thank you so much, Smartdatasoft ^_^

My only issue, by now, is: above the list of categories an image(?) is broken. It keeps charging, then it stops and disappears.

Could you, please, help me to fix this? Maybe by disabling the mysterious image...

post-738031-0-77753200-1400873309_thumb.png

@AllPrestashopLover's

Smartblog 2.0.1 is just upload on this post . They can found the at top of this post. Here is the download link i post once again.

Latest release update history :

* Add New module smartblogfeed for rss.

* auto show blog url in blog setitngs

* add quick link of blog in prestashop top admin menu bar

* add comment validation in product details page

* rename all css , so that no conflict on css

* improvement some part

* disable of category image option

*  add new view option , show hide from theme settings.

Hope all of you like this. :)

Some awesome addons will coming  soon :) Subscribe this forum to got latest smartblog update. :)

• Like 2