• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[New version-SmartBlog] v.4.0.1- SmartBlog for PrestaShop 1.7 new update Released. You will be happy to hear that SmartBlog is the most powerful blogging tool for PrestaShop released the latest v

@protechtrader   thank you for your time to give feedback. . smartblog old version must work in 1.6.1.x , Same version of our module is used our all Premium theme like Legenda, Simple Great, Oxy, 

take you time, most do not understand the effort required to test modules to perfection.

Posted Images

I tried to install smart blog it was successful. But

When i tried to add new Blog > Blog Post there is an error come

"Bad SQL query
Unknown column 'a.smart_blog_post' in 'group statement'"

There i was stopped, can you please help me. Also i should appreciate you Excellent module..I think this time you will get Module of the year award.

Regards

Vivek Sakhilati

Hi,

I have installed all modules.

The blog menu is there and smartblog module is configured.

Problem:

When I try to add a blog category I get a white page !

When I try to delete the "uncategory" I get a white page...

My PS version is 1.6.0.6

My cache is cleared.

Edited by rv01 (see edit history)

@smartdatasoft

Does your latest version fix the issue where your CSS alter those of the theme a client maybe using? 

Also where can i download the latest version from ??? 

Thanks 

Edited by IKWeb (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I just removed that nasty ID from the blog posts and categories.

If you are interested in a blog without the ID's and a clean SEO URL I attached the zipfile, just replace the files.

Might be a good update as well for the developers.
I marked all changes with // edit

Note: Now it will be just compatibele with default smartblog module not with all other smartblog modules.

smartblog.zip

Edited by jsonjuri (see edit history)

Hi, please help!

I've install the first file  smartblogcategories.zip in backoffice add new module, after the instalation i can not access my back office module page. When click it says  "[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smartblogcategories:
require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/rshop50/public_html/modules/smartblog/classes/BlogCategory.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')"

So i deleted the file with ftp within modules directory and it still says the same thing.

Any help is apreciated.

Thank you

Silviu

Delete the smartblog folder from the modules folder.

As i said in my post, i have deleted it via frp, there is no smartblogcategory folder or file in my modules folder.

Now, every time i click modules in backpffice i get that error.

Someone had same problem and found solution?

Prestashop 1.5.6.2

Is there a way to delete the Category photos pre-installed as I do not use images this way. I have created a blogpics folder and thumbs folder and include the images in the HTML content, this way I can use thumbnails that are linked to full size photos.

Ok so now I have bigger issues I have edited the categories and post that were already there and added a few more:

Categories:

1-Team Drivers

2-Latest News

1-Marcus Linder           (team drivers)

2-Trackside Support    (latest news)

3-Velox v10                  (latest news)

4-Michael Palazzola     (team drivers)

In the FO if you click on Team Drivers you get this:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

Unknown column '1_team' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM `pr_smart_blog_category` sbc INNER JOIN `pr_smart_blog_category_lang` sbcl ON(sbc.`id_smart_blog_category` = sbcl.`id_smart_blog_category` AND sbcl.`id_lang` = 1)
                    INNER JOIN `pr_smart_blog_category_shop` sbs ON sbs.id_smart_blog_category = sbc.id_smart_blog_category and sbs.id_shop = 1 WHERE sbc.`active`= 1 and sbc.id_smart_blog_category = 1_team

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php
629. WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630. }
631. else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
632. {
633. if ($sql)
634. throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
635. throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
636. }
637. }
639. /**
DbCore->displayError - [line 325 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
DbCore->query - [line 501 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
DbCore->executeS - [line 128 - modules/smartblog/classes/BlogCategory.php] - [1 Arguments]
BlogCategory::GetMetaByCategory - [line 10 - modules/smartblog/classes/controllers/FrontController.php] - [1 Arguments]
smartblogModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 15 - modules/smartblog/controllers/front/category.php]
smartblogCategoryModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 180 - classes/controller/Controller.php]
ControllerCore->run - [line 373 - classes/Dispatcher.php]
DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 28 - index.php]

Latest news shows the two post within but you get this when clicking them:

Unknown column '3_v10' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM pr_smart_blog_post p INNER JOIN 
                pr_smart_blog_post_lang pl ON p.id_smart_blog_post=pl.id_smart_blog_post INNER JOIN 
                pr_smart_blog_post_shop ps ON pl.id_smart_blog_post = ps.id_smart_blog_post 
                WHERE pl.id_lang=1
                AND p.active= 1 AND p.id_smart_blog_post = 3_v10

629. WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[sql Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630. }
631. else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
632. {
633. if ($sql)
634. throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
636. }
637. }
639. /**
DbCore->executeS - [line 620 - modules/smartblog/classes/SmartBlogPost.php] - [1 Arguments]
SmartBlogPost::GetPostMetaByPost - [line 13 - modules/smartblog/classes/controllers/FrontController.php] - [1 Arguments]
smartblogModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 16 - modules/smartblog/controllers/front/details.php]
smartblogDetailsModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 180 - classes/controller/Controller.php]

and

Unknown column '2_trackside' in 'where clause'

pr_smart_blog_post_lang pl ON p.id_smart_blog_post=pl.id_smart_blog_post INNER JOIN 
                WHERE pl.id_lang=1
                AND p.active= 1 AND p.id_smart_blog_post = 2_trackside

629. WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[sql Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630. }
632. {
633. if ($sql)
636. }
637. }
639. /**
DbCore->executeS - [line 620 - modules/smartblog/classes/SmartBlogPost.php] - [1 Arguments]
SmartBlogPost::GetPostMetaByPost - [line 13 - modules/smartblog/classes/controllers/FrontController.php] - [1 Arguments]
smartblogModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 16 - modules/smartblog/controllers/front/details.php]
smartblogDetailsModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 180 - classes/controller/Controller.php]

And there are others but don't want to post all here so take a look at it here:

Any thoughts.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Thanks moy2010, i've solved the problem, as i see many had this problem i want to tell how i did and why i had that error. If you begin installing smart blog categories wich is the first in the list you will have this problem. This was my big mistake because i didn't read the instructions, after reading the instructions i figured to copy the extracted file smart blog via ftb and it worked, no admin modules errors.

i think this is important because many without reading the instructions will install the first file and will not no what to do. I even backed up my wesite and sql, deleted the file via ftp, deleted all cache manually and nothing worked, it worked finally when i copyed manualy the smart blog file.

Thank you and sorry for posting problems

Good luck

Ok so now I have bigger issues I have edited the categories and post that were already there and added a few more:

Categories:

1-Team Drivers

2-Latest News

1-Marcus Linder           (team drivers)

2-Trackside Support    (latest news)

3-Velox v10                  (latest news)

4-Michael Palazzola     (team drivers)

In the FO if you click on Team Drivers you get this:

Unknown column '1_team' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM `pr_smart_blog_category` sbc INNER JOIN `pr_smart_blog_category_lang` sbcl ON(sbc.`id_smart_blog_category` = sbcl.`id_smart_blog_category` AND sbcl.`id_lang` = 1)
                    INNER JOIN `pr_smart_blog_category_shop` sbs ON sbs.id_smart_blog_category = sbc.id_smart_blog_category and sbs.id_shop = 1 WHERE sbc.`active`= 1 and sbc.id_smart_blog_category = 1_team

629. WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630. }
632. {
633. if ($sql)
636. }
637. }
639. /**
DbCore->executeS - [line 128 - modules/smartblog/classes/BlogCategory.php] - [1 Arguments]
BlogCategory::GetMetaByCategory - [line 10 - modules/smartblog/classes/controllers/FrontController.php] - [1 Arguments]
smartblogModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 15 - modules/smartblog/controllers/front/category.php]
smartblogCategoryModuleFrontController->initContent - [line 180 - classes/controller/Controller.php]

Latest news shows the two post within but you get this when clicking them:

Unknown column '3_v10' in 'where clause'

WHERE pl.id_lang=1
                AND p.active= 1 AND p.id_smart_blog_post = 3_v10

630. }
632. {
633. if ($sql)
636. }
637. }
639. /**

and

Unknown column '2_trackside' in 'where clause'

WHERE pl.id_lang=1
                AND p.active= 1 AND p.id_smart_blog_post = 2_trackside

630. }
632. {
633. if ($sql)
636. }
637. }
639. /**

And there are others but don't want to post all here so take a look at it here:

Any thoughts.

Well I tried this module on another 1.6.0.6 test site of mine this time I removed all demo data and started fresh and get the same results.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

@tdr170

I have never find this kind of issue. even other people on the community. Did you install this module in multistory?  If you have not issue send me your access on PM i will take a look. I think there is any special character on your category. Please check once again.

@BriceVanZeg

Download smartblog first and install then do the other.

Yes, Thanks a lot, i see now..

The documentation is very clear..! Thanks for all, i will try this.

Great and good job..!

Brice

@tdr170

I have never find this kind of issue. even other people on the community. Did you install this module in multistory?  If you have not issue send me your access on PM i will take a look. I think there is any special character on your category. Please check once again.

I just figured this out it just so happened to be the friendly URL, I had written it as v10_pro not v10-pro or just v10 pro

SO totally my bad some times the stupid shows through. LOL  :wacko: 

• Like 1

Well I have followed the documentation - Unfortunately it doesn't work...I get a blank white page, once I activate the different add-on's

I run SSL on the shop and lastest version 1.6xx + Everything is up-to-date in my moduls..

oqWMujF.png

So I'm kind a lost here...I can work with the blog-system inside the administrationpanel - works fine...

However nothing shows up at the actual front-end i.e in the shop - and as mentioned activating those add-ons above, simply results in a total WHITE blank page?

Any ideas for a solution?

@panodil

Our next release have fixed SSL and also multistore version problem

Great to hear....:)

However i have discovered some DB problems - I asume this is located to SSL, but I'm not sure...

1. There are several hardcoded entries in smartblog.php:

$languages = Language::getLanguages(false);
		                 for ($i = 1; $i <= 4; $i++){
		                      if($i==1):
		                         $title='From Now we are certified web agency';
		                         $slug='From Now we are certified web agency';
		                        $des='Smartdatasoft is an offshore web development company located in Bangladesh. We are serving this sector since 2010. Our team is committed to develop high quality web based application and theme for our clients and also for the global marketplace. As your web development partner we will assist you in planning, development, implementation and upgrade! Why Smartdatasoft? Smartdatasoft released their first prestashop theme in November 2012. Till now we have 6+ prestashop theme which are getting sold on global renowned marketplace. Those themes are getting used in more than 400 customers eCommerce websites. Those themes are very user friendly and highly customize able from admin dashboard. For these reason these theme are very popular among the end users and developers';
		                     elseif($i==2):
		                         $title='What is Bootstrap? – The History and the Hype';
		                        $slug='Another-title-here-2';
		                     $des='Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industrys standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.';
		                     elseif($i==3):
		                           $title='Answers to your Questions about PrestaShop 1.6';
		                           $slug='Another-title-here-3';
		                     $des='Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industrys standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.';
		                     elseif($i==4):
		                         $title='Share the Love for PrestaShop 1.6';
		                         $slug='Another-title-here-4';
		                     elseif($i==5):
		                         $title='Christmas Sale is here 5';
		                         $slug='Another-title-here-5';
		                     elseif($i==6):
		                         $title='Christmas Sale is here 6';
		                         $slug='Another-title-here-6';
		                     elseif($i==7):
		                         $title='Christmas Sale is here 7';
		                         $slug='Another-title-here-7';
		                     endif;
		                     foreach ($languages as $language){
		                        if(!Db::getInstance()->Execute('
		                        INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'smart_blog_post_lang`(`id_smart_blog_post`,`id_lang`,`meta_title`,`meta_description`,`short_description`,`content`,`link_rewrite`)
		                         VALUES('.$i.','.(int)$language['id_lang'].',
		 							"'.htmlspecialchars($title).'",
		 							"'.htmlspecialchars($des).'","'.substr($des,0,200).'","'.htmlspecialchars($des).'","'.$slug.'"
		 						)'))
		 						 return false;
		                     }
		                 }

for ($i = 1; $i <= 4; $i++){
		                                          Db::getInstance()->Execute('
		                                                 INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'smart_blog_post_shop`(`id_smart_blog_post`, `id_shop`)
		                                                 VALUES('.$i.','.(int)$this->smart_shop_id.')');
		                                     }

/* end default data insert*/

Now I do know those are 'dummy' entries...

However trying to update/change those DIRECTLY in phpadmin will not lead to the correct result:P

Furthermore it's not possible to update those in the addon module - blogpost

It keeps displaying those 'dummy' ones regardsless of deletion or changes in the DB...

I was too lazy to look for more hardcoded issues in the code, but there is a bug there for sure...

My guess is either version related, language related or SSL related...

I hope someone has a solution for this?

HI. Thanks for this good free module. I have a problem. I´m PHP programmer and I want to add a litle captcha code to comments but I have a rare problem. If I delete the funcion "addcomments" on controller Blogcomment.php, misteriously the comment is added perfectly. I am working on localhost for testing my prestashop site but this thing is very rare. Where is the function which add the comments? Thanks. 

Hello guys,

Im getting underscores in the blog urls "tranzistor.bg/blog/5_theblog" i have mod_rewrite activated in the .htaccess. In a previous post its mentioned to use "dispatcher.php" method but my coding skills =sh*t :D.

Can you please give me the lines that i must insert/edit so i can remove the underscores. thanks in advance.

Hi guys, thanks for your work,

I have a few problems after installing the module.

Prestashop version 1.5.6.2. 

1. SmartBlog Home Latest News, shown as a list, but I need 3 columns, as on the documentation picture.

In the settings: number of posts - 3, picture size - 170 px (should fit on width of the center column).

In the settings of Smart Blog selected: Blog List View Style - Grid View and Use Prestashop Column. 

2. Block Heading styles changed after installation to dark gray (was light)  

3. On the  news page  are not displayed right and left columns of prestashop.

Sorry for my English, please help fix it.  :blush:

Please wait for some days our amazing short code module  will  release soon. Which help you to insert short code from tinymce editor and also use that in your Prestashop CMS page also our  our blog page. :)

Take a look a sample demo page

http://demo.prestawarrior.com/smartblog/1.6.0.5/content/7-shortcode-2

You can insert product, slider, tab any kind of things like wordpress :) Which is amazing. :)

Hi and thanks @smartdatasoft
Two questions...
Can you show us where is the documentation where we can take a look and try to configurer the blog into the menu please?
And.. I'm so interesting in your short code module. When will this be finished?

Thanks!!

@jm_stickanddone

If you are using any menu link horizontal nav then you only need to add the blog url.

Short code is finishing , we are testing and documentation. I will inform you all once it is full done.

• Like 1

@jm_stickanddone

If you are using any menu link horizontal nav then you only need to add the blog url.

Short code is finishing , we are testing and documentation. I will inform you all once it is full done.

Thanks!!!! Finally I've got!

Now the problem is that I can't change the categories, however much I put new categories does not change '[4] uncategories' and if I click in '[4] uncategories' say that 'error 404'.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Thanks!!!! Finally I've got!

Now the problem is that I can't change the categories, however much I put new categories does not change '[4] uncategories' and if I click in '[4] uncategories' say that 'error 404'.

What can I do?

Thanks!

solved! I uninstalled the module and reinstalled it and it works. Thank you!

i'm using 1.5.2 and the Server Error message is shown. What do you suggest? Can you show me how to clear chache in 1.5.2?

@All-User-In-The-community

Right now the module is full tested on Prestashop 1.5.5 to 1.6.0.6 and having no issue. Lower than 1.5.5 may show the cache error. In that case you need to remove the cache code from those module.

Our next update is coming soon.

*Comment post validation via jquery and post commnet

* After post comment send email to support admin

*Comment action hook which help you to add your custom module hook in comment action hook( for developer)

*RSS generator is coming for SEO to add Google RSS reader.

*Some minor bug fix for ssl.

We will try to upload as soon as possible. Do you have any other bug found to fix before the next release.

In-future we will release lower than 1.5.5 compatible version. :)

Thanks all of you to love this module :)

Hi. I install the blog. All fine. BUT...

I install the latest posts for home. It is installed BUT it breaks the site. Home page is shown empty/blank

Prestashop 1.5.4.1 at alltestdomain.com/gifk

I disable the latest post... All fine...

I just need to show the latest post at home page, left column and in all left columns under the menu

Edited by channeld (see edit history)

Hello, thanks for the great job !

I installed your smartblog and it's very nice. I have two issues (1.6.0.5) : 

- I must write "www.chineup.com/...." in the Main Blog URL. When not (like only "Blog") when I go to ".../blog" or ".../blog.html" I have a 404 ...

- I created 2 categories & deleted all posts. However, I have only "[4] Uncategorized" in Blog Categories on Front Office, and in the Home Latest I can see the 4 example Posts ...

It seems to have a problem with any directory ...

Can you please help me? :)

Regards,

Ed

Thank you very much for this module!

I installed it into a prestashops 1.6 multishops, and for the moment, everything works great,

thanks again

Hello,

MANY THANKS !

I made directly the update to 1.6.0.6, only the smart blog's modules weren't activated, I only have activated them and all works! Good job, I retrieved also all my articles.

Thank you for your great job!

• Like 1

@shahriar

Did you clear the cache to regenerate the cache after position change.We will look on the translation file. You can check the module tpl and view is the module is add translation text. like prestashop standard way.  {l s='my string' mod='mymodule'}

Nice module, but still cant get these parts around comment to translation section. Cache disabled and enforced compilation enabled and cache cleared.

The code in posts.tpl looks good

<h4 id="commentTitle">{l s="Leave a Comment"  mod="smartblog"}</h4>

<h4 class="comment-reply-title" id="reply-title">{l s="Leave a Reply"  mod="smartblog"} <small style="float:right;"> 

Any idea? 

Thanks

Hi,

First of all I admire your job and people like you, thank You for your great work!

I installed smartblog module on my store and it messed my (non default) template. That's why I had to deinstall it. Will the template css files be overwritten again in the updated version you are releasing soon? My store will go live next week maybe and I am afraid to experiment with it further future.

Thanks,

Moskov

Hello,

MANY THANKS !

I made directly the update to 1.6.0.6, only the smart blog's modules weren't activated, I only have activated them and all works! Good job, I retrieved also all my articles.

Thank you for your great job!

Got same problem, solved by activating friendly url in SEO&URL preference.

wonderful job. Thank to share.

Edited by joker124 (see edit history)

@MockoB

You can copy the smartblog css to your theme 's css folder and then give id name before the css it will solve the issue.

Hi,

it sounds like a child play when you say it, but for me is rocket science ;)

So I copied the smartblogstyle.css file to my theme css folder. Tried to add rule #smartblogcat infront of .title_block in my global.css like Velocity proposed on page 4 of the topic, but nothing happened. My problem is exactly like the one on page four with the pictures. So any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Moskov 

@MockoB

copy from modules\smartblog\smartblog\css\smartblogstyle.css

to

yourtheme\css\modules\smartblog\css\smartblogstyle.css

and change what you need.

I am sorry , i didn't write more elaborately.

Hope it will solve your issue :)

Thank you for this lovely blog module and thank you for providing it for free. This is probably the best PS module available for free to the community.

I just have two suggestions.

1. Can we have a featured news module on the homepage in addition to the latest news. It would be nice to be able to feature selected blog?
  2. Can the recent, popular and latest news module show the number of comment?

Thank you and all the best.

Hello,

It's a very interesting module. I'm trying it on a local installation.

However all texts are in English (not a problem for me). Is there a way to translate all texts in Franch.

Thanks .

JP

@chti56

you can translate that form prestashop translation section install module .

Is there any community member interested to do the translation for other language. Inform me. We will add that file also. Our new update will love by all :)

Awesome improvement comes. :)

I found how to make the translation... Sorry

Then I added 3 new categories for tests (Cat1, Cat2, Cat3) . After that I added a post to Cat1.

Despit that the Cat1 shows ( in the left column) 0 posts (ie: [0] Cat1)

However when i click on Cat1 it shows the post that I added in this category...

Any help ?

Forgot to say that i run PS 1.6.0.6

Thanks,

JP

@chti56

The main confusion is here , you need to delete the cache file. Our upcoming version will auto update the cache file. When add delete or edit any post or category :)

Please clear the cache

Great !!!

Emptyng the cache solved this 'problem'...

MANY thanks for your very quick answer.

I'm waiting for this new upcoming version... How will we do to upgrade ?

JP

Great, great, great module, I'm testing it and it's going smoothly. By the way, did I mention how great you module is? :D

Nonetheless I can't seem to make the friendly URL appear. I changed it from "smartblog" to "actu" in the module configuration but it still shows "smartblog" on the URL even after clearing the cache. Actually, it shows "www.mysitename.com/index.php?fc=module&module=smartblog&controller=category". I'm trying to fix this and hope to find what is the issue.

Looking forward to the next updated version. Keep up the good work!

When i add 1 comment it is added automatically several times (3 or 4 times)...

As an exemple I added a comment to a post and this comment is displayed 3 times.

I must disable the extra comments to see the only  comment added...

JP

@chti56

are you refresh the page several times. :)

Upcoming version will post comment by ajax with validation and captch. You only need to upload the module. It is build with Prestashop best standard. So new features will add and not affect your old data or site.

@Niltz

please enable seo friendly url and clear cache our module also show seo url :)

My bad, I thought they were already enabled :P They're working perfectly now, thanks!