Hello! 

Thanks for the module! 

I do not see the module zip file for download. Where is the file to download?

Sorry for my English

• Like 2

It will release within few days. Hope we will upload tomorrow. For 1.5.5+ version. 1.6 version will release as soon as possible.

• Like 3

Looks very interesting, especially the prospect of a 1.6 version.

One suggestion - you should re-do the logo on your demo site. It should say 'The Diet Shop' & 'Healthy Living'.

Cheers, Dave

waiting.... I'm currently using WP which is a bit of a pain if you can have it integrated. 

BTW will it include the SmartBlog block for the home page?

All most done.Will release today or tomorrow.We hope so :)

take you time, most do not understand the effort required to test modules to perfection. :)

• Like 4

I want to say a really big thanks and congratulations for your decision to contribute to the community of Prestashop. In my opinion this is the biggest disadvantage of prestashop compared to other e-commerce platforms such as Joomla+VirtueMart, Wordpress+WooCommerce,Drupal Commerce, etc.... The lack of a decent cms system with blogging capabilities.

WIth your help, we gain in the main system this ability without the need for a different system and all the accompanying difficulties such as matching theme and other stuff...

Then it can considered as a complete platform with all the basic features for an online shop... The Prestashop team must really take this into account!

PS. I want just to give a hint that I believe would be even more helpful (if you haven't already included it) is that you should enable the user to choose customer groups to which the posts or categories are visible......

That's all, well done again and looking forward to trying your module.

• Like 2

Thank you for all your suggestion. Our blog module testing 1.5.5+ is done. We are testing for 1.6. Most of the admin panel css issue is work fine. we only need some css fixing in front office to show fine in 1.6 :)

Our blog module we have build like wp :) , as a Prestashop and Wordpress Expert i build this such a way. So that user will got the taste of wordpress in prestashop blog. Most of the basic part.

Our blog have hook system. So you can build your own module and hook in our blog side bar or transplant our module to prestashop default left or right.

Also you can build your own module and add on product bellow. Like facebook comment :)

We will release import and export option like wordpress for our blog user in-future. :)

Edited by smartdatasoft (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Hello, All of Prestashop Lover Smart Blog is Upload Lets try .

1.6 demo http://demo.prestawarrior.com/smartblog/1.6.0.5/blog/4_Another-title-here-4.html

Use and build your shop. If this blog is add on Prestashop add on market place for free to download , It will help all to update time to time by one click update :)

Edited by smartdatasoft (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello, All of Prestashop Lover Smart Blog is Upload Lets try .

1.6 demo http://demo.prestawarrior.com/smartblog/1.6.0.5/blog/4_Another-title-here-4.html

Use and build your shop. If this blog is add on Prestashop add on market place for free to download , It will help all to update time to time by one click update :)

Can you post the download link? Thanks :)

why blog category always show 

i already delete all category,... tq

Hi..... Just to say thanks for a great product..... 

I'm having the same problem.....

• Like 1

Appreciate the effort that's gone into this, guys. I'll download soon & have a play.

Out of curiosity, was there a reason for having all the separately installable submodules, rather than a single module where the various functions could be switched on or off in the back office?

Thanks, Dave

Thanks, Dave

The idea behind that is you can hook that module your right side bar. Or uninstall that or other . Those module is not need for that blog.

They give the idea how to build your own module by using our main blog.

So people can build there own module and hook :)

• Like 3

Did you all clear the cache ? As it is cached. We are researching to do some action. If any export help us we will implement that. Like actioncategoryDelete action will fire when category delete done and cache will generate. :)

Please try and inform me. We will try to improve that.

• Like 2

Did you all clear the cache ? As it is cached. We are researching to do some action. If any export help us we will implement that. Like actioncategoryDelete action will fire when category delete done and cache will generate. :)

Please try and inform me. We will try to improve that.

Clear cache n done, .... Thanks .....

Is your problem solved? Please give us your valuable feedback to improve this for all Prestashop lover. We have planed to made a plugin repository like wp for this module. So that people can contribute there module on this. With it's power full option.

• Like 1

Hi!

I Just get this error, "Call to undefined method SmartBlogCategories::getCacheId()". 

Do you have any idea?

Which module you got

Hi!

I Just get this error, "Call to undefined method SmartBlogCategories::getCacheId()". 

Do you have any idea?

which module you got that.
  • Like 1

I tired to install and all worked except the archive one as it says module not found even though it is there. Any idea why this is occurring and how I can fix it.

This is still an issue for me. all other blog things work for me brilliantly and flawlessly on Prestashop 1.6. I just cannot install the the blog archiving module.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by ShopSaveNEarn (see edit history)

Hi, thank you so much for this great module!

I'm trying to install it on prestashop 1.5.4.1 fresh install, after installing smartblog.zip I proceed installing the smartbloglatestnews.zip module but I'm experimenting a blank page. I activated debugging and It return me this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Missing template name' in .../tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:634 Stack trace: #0 .../tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_cacheresource.php(289): Smarty_Internal_Template->__get('source') #1 .../tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(661): Smarty_Template_Cached->__construct(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #2 .../tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(398): Smarty_Internal_Template->__get('cached') #3 .../classes/module/Module.php(1662): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->isCached(NULL, 'smartblog_lates...', NULL) #4 .../modules/smartbloghomelatestnews/smartbloghomelatestnews.php(49): ModuleCore->isCached('smartblog_lates...', 'smartblog_lates...') #5 .../classes/Hook.php(421): smartbloghomelatestnews->hookDisplayHome(Array) #6 .../controllers/front/IndexController.php(39): HookCor in .../tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 634

It looks like the template file (.tpl) doesn't exist...

Any suggestion to fix it?

Best regards!

hello,mikeldiavolo

the issue is that i have told you that current version is for 1.6 :)

You install the 1.5.4.1 so you need to remove all the cache call on that module. In that version cache was not managed well like 1.5.6

• Like 1

Hello, All of you we have fix the file here is the link for blogarchive module

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=94658

there is a little mistake Upper case and lower case module name. In 1.5.6 it do not show error. In 1.6 it made problem. We have fixed that and now it is ok.

If you have any idea to share about our blog you can share. We will introducte action system in our module soon. If you add or delete any post or category It will auto generate the cache like Prestashop standard system :)

one last question before publish in free section pinned post

does it supports 1.4.x ?

We will introducte action system in our module soon.    :)

Great Module! Thank you so much for sharing. Can't wait this action system. Is it similar to ebay?

one last question before publish in free section pinned post

does it supports 1.4.x ?

good  question,  there are many 1.4 shops (me included)  that would like to take advantage of this but I also understand there is a leap between 1.4 and 1.5/1.6.

The main things is that we have build this with object model. If any one of you have any idea how to made this compatible to work on 1.4 also we will try to do that. :)

But there Prestashop core module   cache code also not work in 1.5.4.1 which work fine in prestahsop 1.5.5

So need help or suggestion so that we can help people to use it 1.4 also :)

• Like 1

Old Sellya template users should uninstall the previous smartdatablog that came along with the template before attempting to try this new version right?

I should also say that the previous module i have now doesnt work in version 1.5.6. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just to say that I've started using the module in it's great. My only question is, it seems that the url rewrite option for clean url doesn't seem to cover the blog.

Any ideas?

Thanks again  :D

Just to say that I've started using the module in it's great. My only question is, it seems that the url rewrite option for clean url doesn't seem to cover the blog.

Any ideas?

Thanks again  :D

I am not sure what you mean. Did you read the full documentation which show on post. This blog work the best prestashop standard to url rewrite. Using dispatcher method. Not .httaccess generate method like other blog method which are paid or free.

We love to build module the best Prestashop standard and like code standard.

Hello,

I get the next error when I try to install the module in a prestashop 1.5.6 web site:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smartblogarchive:
require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totemcam/public_html/prestashop/modules/smartblog/classes/SmartBlogPost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

hello.

I have a problem.

I had install this, and i can config it, post new blog. But i can't find where to read it. It doesn't show on my web, and i can't find where it is.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

hello.

I have a problem.

I had install this, and i can config it, post new blog. But i can't find where to read it. It doesn't show on my web, and i can't find where it is.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Did you read the documentation

http://smartdatasoft.com/doc/ps/smartblog

to show in front end you need to install the module

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=94490

it will show on home page. If you read the doc you will understand what to do.

• Like 2

@jfgpepe2

I think you put text in short description :) You need to put text in description also. Please take a look there are two text box one for show in category listing page in short and other in details. Please share your blog url who are using this blog so that people will view what this blog can do :)

i have read the doc. And i also install the SmartBlog Home Latest. But when i enable it, my homepage turn to blank, it show nothing, and when i disable it. My homepage show regular, but also no blog

• Like 1

Could i know what is the blog url when i install the mod?

If i know the url, i can add it manual

@wfhriatnek

you will know that from your smartblog configuration page. support. you set SmartBlog as main url and also set html as there extension. in that case blog url will be

http://mysite.com/SmartBlog

share your site url i can post the correct url

@smartdatasoft

I have tray smartblog, but the return 404 error

The url is smartblog.html?

So the mod creat a html file on the host?

Can i find the html file? if i find it, i can think another way to fix this problem.

Thanks

my site is ivesrc.com, and the real url is ivesrc.com/rcshop/index.php

when you visit ivesrc.com your url will directly turn to ivesrc.com/rcship/index.php

@jfgpepe2

I think you put text in short description :) You need to put text in description also. Please take a look there are two text box one for show in category listing page in short and other in details. Please share your blog url who are using this blog so that people will view what this blog can do :)

hello, I have put text in the two descriptions, as you can see did not look that brings the sample post the blog, 
any solution 
As I share the url of the blog? 

thanks

Hi there,

iam testing your module on localhost and it have the same problem as other blogs i have tried before.

It seems that in the Sellya template in version 1.5.6 the blog pages and articles takes all the width of the screen and dont fit with the rest of the store.

I need to modify "smartblogstyle.css" so i can put left and right margin to everything. I already managed to do this in the all-post page by modifying ".articleCat {" (about line 34) but in articles pages it seems to be more difficult. Can you tell me which lines must be modified?

Thanks.

I've already solved, I had a text module in the footer that left to come out the text of the blog 

thanks

Hello, how can I replace the color? in blog categories and latest post in right (TINKLARAŠČIO KAEGORIJOS, NAUJAUSI IRASAI)

Now show dark color in dark backround. website: wwww.bikeservice.lt

Hi!

First of all, to thanks smartdatasoft for creating and sharing with the community this excellent blog module.

I have successfully migrated from the old buggy "plblog" module for 1.5.

But im having a small issue: The blog is always getting "https", even if i have set in the configuration that only the register and order form will get https.

I also have 'hacked' smartblog.php to force non https, but still the same:

//$ssl = null;
//	static $force_ssl = null;

//if ($ssl === null)
//{
//	if ($force_ssl === null)
//		$force_ssl = (Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED') && Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE'));
//	$ssl = $force_ssl;
//}

//$base = (($ssl && $this->ssl_enable) ? 'https://'.$shop->domain_ssl : 'http://'.$shop->domain);
$base = 'http://'.$shop->domain;

Any advices to solve this?

Thanks.

Is there any way to have products associated with a blog post? I.e., to write an article that is linked with a set of products. 

it would be usefull to be able to go from the post to the product page, and on the product page see all post's with reference to that product.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Is there any way to have products associated with a blog post? I.e., to write an article that is linked with a set of products. 

it would be usefull to be able to go from the post to the product page, and on the product page see all post's with reference to that product.

Thanks in advance

I would have it linked from within the blog as a hyperlink and the same goes for the item description. No need to configure anything... 

Hello,@Menashe

Our blog have some hook. If you can developed a module where you will got the article and relation with product you can hook that to our blogpost single page hook. :)

Hello, 

I wanted to say thanks for this great add-on. 

I have tested it this AM and have only one issue. When its installed and enabled it screws up my current theme and changes colours and backgrounds in the shop. 

Is there a way of stopping it from doing this? 

For example see the image1 below this is what my shop looks like when the blog is disabled. 

Image1.pngThen once I enable you blog it changes to 

image2.png

Can you advise on how I can stop this from happening.. 

Thanks 

I also have noticed this, some rules in the smartblogstyle.css file override some other rules from the templates.

You can solve this adding #smartblogcat (or the correspondient ID/class) to the rule that is being overrided (I think in your example is " .title_block")

So the rule for ".title_block" will be "#smartblogcat .title_block" instead.

Edited by Velocity (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I would have it linked from within the blog as a hyperlink and the same goes for the item description. No need to configure anything... 

Hi, my idea was to have in the post a list similar to "people how bought this also bought". This would allow to see the list of products associated with the post. Imagine a post on fashion and to be able to have in the end all the articles with a link to buy them. Similar in the product to be able to see a post where that product has been displayed.

• Like 1

Very well done guys, great module with lots of potential!

Several nagging issues that I see from my point of view, would appreciate your input.

- Upon commenting, website URL doen't seem to work, is that just me? Testing this on default install of Prestashop 1.6.5. Should also have a follow/nofollow option for these.

- At least with comment moderation on, no feedback to user that post is pending moderation or some feedback to user.

- I have loads of portait photos as featured images, would be great to have more options on this, such as take first photo form post as featured image, maybe can respect a certain width/height but definitely without the forced background. Any ideas how to best handle this?

- post/category links would I think be better with hyphens opposed to underscores.

Many thanks for your feedback.

@IKWeb

The header css class may be overwrite your theme title class. If you share your site url i can suggest where to remove the code. you can remove that if you know the css

Hello . thanks for this module , i have a problem with prestashop 1.5.4.1 , when i click on Blog Post , the error " Unknown column 'a.smart_blog_post' in 'group statement' "is shown on page ,

thanks for the support,

hello, thanks for the module,, it's great.. :)

i'm using presta 1.5.5, but why when i install the latestnews, recent, and popular post for this modul always give me blank page ?

i'm currently try it on localhost.. is there any solution ?

• Like 1

Hi thanks for these modules 

Can I know how to connect the blog module with the " Blog " that is on top menu ?

Sorry I've read all the document but cannot find it.

Ps 1.6

@elenaba

You will do that from your menu module. if you set your base module name is blog and url rewrite is enable and you set page extension as .html from module configuration

then url is like http://myblog.com/blog.html

you can view our blog demo url

@satriyoz

If you install the other module first it will show error. you need to install core module smartblog first then it's addons module :)

• Like 1

@elenaba yes your site will be rich by our module. Thank you all of you to use this great module

hi Author,

Thanks for this module. But i encountered problem after install the smartblog.zip module into my ps1.4.4. It did not show me success or fail.. and my module page is unable to load properly. I can now see only the Back Office separator_breadcrum.png Modules.. nothing else after the beadcrumbs.. Can you advise what should i proceed as i cannot view and uninstall the module..

Many thanks.

Edited by bedum777 (see edit history)

Hello
thank you for this great module
is it multistore compatible ?
i have an Error 500 when installed ( 1.5.6.2)

thanks!

@bedum777  it work greater that 1.5.6+

Hi Smartdatasoft, Can you advise how do i manually uninstall the smartblog module? My module tab has failed to display the content...Capture.png

• Like 1

This module is great.
I bought his substitute a few days ago.

The only my attention, I added a 2nd picture.
We have the first example in the home, and another after the entry into the post

2 different pictures

others on the "list" and the other after the entry into entry

By the way do you use {$ content} when I use the content in another module retrieves text me with him, and not from the blog

and could be have any notification when you add a comment

• Like 1

@satriyoz

If you install the other module first it will show error. you need to install core module smartblog first then it's addons module :)

yes, i already do that. first i install smartblog.zip and it's work prefectly ( i'm trying the smart url like http://web.blogs.html ) but, after i install the recent post module for this smartblog.. my web goes to blank page.. 

is there any solution ?

===========================================

updated:

suddenly, when i try to post some article, i got this error.. 

mr_21945769.jpg

please help me.. :(

Edited by satriyoz (see edit history)

@satriyoz

We have not face this issue. Will you told me what version of PS you are using. Is that show any error when you enable debug mode.

@satriyoz

We have not face this issue. Will you told me what version of PS you are using. Is that show any error when you enable debug mode.

ah i know it !, "bad sql query" because i am using multistore, and i have to choose one store which one that i want to add the blog post. now it works.. :)

but, the "recent post" module still give me blank page.. i am using presta 1.5.5..