Text Editor is not working

mychildr

Hi,

i upgraded my prestashop from 1.5 to 1.6.1.6, the editor for my product description doesn't work, it just appear html code as the attached picture. 

I have search through the forum for solution for this and i have tried everything but it just doesn't work. Hope there is someone can help me here. 

all the method provided here http://mypresta.eu/en/art/developer/prestashop-product-page-full-rich-editor.html is not working for my site as well. pls help.

post-324900-0-01783100-1469353329_thumb.jpg

I guess the issue might related to your theme. are you sure you theme is compatible with new version of PrestaShop?

you can use try browser on the editing page and see if there is any javascript errors.

Press F12, the browser debugger tool will starts automatically, then click "Console" tab, you will see error if there is any.

• 3 weeks later...

if your editor does not work because of update, there are probably some js problems related to update process

if i were you i will check if your website has js files:

1. js/tiny_mce/
  2. js/admin/tinymce.inc.js

Hi,

i was busy with some other things, yest i tried to fix this issue again, and check these 2 mentioned by you, i have these files in my file manager. and you are right, my editor is not working because of update process. or can you advice me how to reinstall the prestashop? i tried to search online to do a reinstallation of prestashop but i couldnt' find anything. :(

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, 

I have just transfered my shop from localhost to live host and everyfhing worked ok, until today. 

I made some configuration in smatrblog and from then suddenly I have no text editor, only html in BO(everywhere: in product description, categories etc.). 

I did what vekia said above and here is what I got:

tinymce.inc.js:45
Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience.

I don't know prestashop too much so I am not sure what does it mean to define tinymce.
Could anyone explain step by step what should I do, please? 

Thank you. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hi guys

i have a big problem with my 

this is where i can add a picture for avatar of my products

image.thumb.png.2a6e7afad49c405a0f3a7d15fada92a2.png

here i have added 4pictures befor but now i dont see any picture that i added befor!!!

by the way the botton of adding file dont work anymore too!

image.thumb.png.33a2f1c01850f77414834eb664012a34.png

and here is where i add information about products but now i have not any edditing part in writing about products!

what happends ?

what must i do

plz help  

show errors!

admin.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at admin.js:1
(anonymous) @ admin.js:1
dh42.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at dh42.js:1
(anonymous) @ dh42.js:1
jquery.ui.core.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.ui.core.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.core.min.js:4
jquery.ui.widget.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.ui.widget.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.widget.min.js:4
jquery.ui.mouse.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.ui.mouse.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.mouse.min.js:4
jquery.ui.sortable.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.ui.sortable.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.sortable.min.js:4
jquery.ui.slider.min.js:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'mouse' of undefined
    at jquery.ui.slider.min.js:4
    at jquery.ui.slider.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.slider.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.slider.min.js:4
jquery.fileupload.js:60 Uncaught TypeError: $.widget is not a function
    at jquery.fileupload.js:60
    at jquery.fileupload.js:25
    at jquery.fileupload.js:27
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload.js:60
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload.js:25
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload.js:27
jquery.fileupload-process.js:32 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fileupload' of undefined
    at jquery.fileupload-process.js:32
    at jquery.fileupload-process.js:25
    at jquery.fileupload-process.js:29
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-process.js:32
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-process.js:25
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-process.js:29
jquery.fileupload-validate.js:33 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fileupload' of undefined
    at jquery.fileupload-validate.js:33
    at jquery.fileupload-validate.js:25
    at jquery.fileupload-validate.js:29
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-validate.js:33
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-validate.js:25
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-validate.js:29
jquery.tagify.js:5 Uncaught TypeError: $.widget is not a function
    at jquery.tagify.js:5
    at jquery.tagify.js:139
(anonymous) @ jquery.tagify.js:5
(anonymous) @ jquery.tagify.js:139
jquery.ui.progressbar.min.js:4 Uncaught TypeError: t.widget is not a function
    at jquery.ui.progressbar.min.js:4
    at jquery.ui.progressbar.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.progressbar.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ jquery.ui.progressbar.min.js:4
index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=1&updateproduct&token=321585fe252e078069365cc530732dcc:1799 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).tagify is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=1&updateproduct&token=321585fe252e078069365cc530732dcc:1799)
    at j (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2)
(anonymous) @ index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=1&updateproduct&token=321585fe252e078069365cc530732dcc:1799
j @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
ready @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
K @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2
fa-default-small_default.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

and when i opoen error  i se these phrase

1.  $.blueimp.fileupload.prototype.options.processQueue.push(       {

2.  (function(t,e){t.widget("ui.progressbar",{version:"1.10.3",options:{max:100,value:0,change:null,complete:null},min:0,_create:function(){this.oldValue=this.options.value=this._constrainedValue(),this.element.addClass("ui-progressbar ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all").attr({role:"progressbar","aria-valuemin":this.min}),this.valueDiv=t("<div class='ui-progressbar-value ui-widget-header ui-corner-left'></div>").appendTo(this.element),this._refreshValue()},_destroy:function(){this.element.removeClass("ui-progressbar ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all").removeAttr("role").removeAttr("aria-valuemin").removeAttr("aria-valuemax").removeAttr("aria-valuenow"),this.valueDiv.remove()},value:function(t){return t===e?this.options.value:(this.options.value=this._constrainedValue(t),this._refreshValue(),e)},_constrainedValue:function(t){return t===e&&(t=this.options.value),this.indeterminate=t===!1,"number"!=typeof t&&(t=0),this.indeterminate?!1:Math.min(this.options.max,Math.max(this.min,t))},_setOptions:function(t){var e=t.value;delete t.value,this._super(t),this.options.value=this._constrainedValue(e),this._refreshValue()},_setOption:function(t,e){"max"===t&&(e=Math.max(this.min,e)),this._super(t,e)},_percentage:function(){return this.indeterminate?100:100*(this.options.value-this.min)/(this.options.max-this.min)},_refreshValue:function(){var e=this.options.value,i=this._percentage();this.valueDiv.toggle(this.indeterminate||e>this.min).toggleClass("ui-corner-right",e===this.options.max).width(i.toFixed(0)+"%"),this.element.toggleClass("ui-progressbar-indeterminate",this.indeterminate),this.indeterminate?(this.element.removeAttr("aria-valuenow"),this.overlayDiv||(this.overlayDiv=t("<div class='ui-progressbar-overlay'></div>").appendTo(this.valueDiv))):(this.element.attr({"aria-valuemax":this.options.max,"aria-valuenow":e}),this.overlayDiv&&(this.overlayDiv.remove(),this.overlayDiv=null)),this.oldValue!==e&&(this.oldValue=e,this._trigger("change")),e===this.options.max&&this._trigger("complete")}})})(jQuery);

• 2 years later...