back office price changes don't appear in product list or product page

I'm a long-time user with PrestaShop™ 1.6.0.11 now encountering a peculiar difference between the 'base' and 'final' price.

In the back office, I can change and save the price, yet the 'final' price shown on the product list and product page will not change.

I've looked into all the possible reasons for this discrepancy, and even did another import of the affected products...to no effect.

Can anyone think of something I'm missing or something else I might try?

Note: this is a new bug, as I have never previously had a problem changing prices.

Thanks in advance for any help!

what theme are you using?

In the back office, I can change and save the price, yet the 'final' price shown on the product list and product page will not change.

Can you provide a screen shot showing the prices in the back office that you are referring to.  I don't want to assume what you are doing, you should tell us exactly what you are changing, and then show us exactly what it looks like in the front office.

For all we know, you have made customizations, or installed modules or using a custom theme that is causing the problem.

I'm using bootstrap's Moderna template from 2014.

I'm simply editing prices inside the product catalog.

This has previously been simple, and I have made no recent changes to modules or themes.

Note: I first noticed the problem when a header menu link did not bring up the right product category. Then, when I went to edit these products, I could fix the categories and change the 'base' price, yet I couldn't get the 'final' price to change after saving the edit, even after re-importing these product's new data.

The product list thus shows different 'base' and 'final' prices (which should all be the same), and the price shown in the shop is the erroneous 'final' price.

What am I missing?

I can't help you without seeing what I requested.  I don't know exactly what prices you are changing, what special pricings you might have, what modules, overrides or theme would be conflicting or causing issues. 

Now you mention something about importing products "new data".  Are you now saying you are using a csv file or module to import product data and pricing?