using database of 1.6.1.4 to new install of 1.6.1.6

hi,

3 months ago i downloaded prestashop version 1.61.4. I did not make any changes to any of the files. I have however uploaded over 8000 products, created new categories, made new features etc

However some files in this version of prestashop got messed up due to a mistake, so I had to download a new prestashop, which is now version 1.6.1.6

I am wondering as I did not make any changes to any of the php etc files, is it possible that i can simple change the database username password settings in settings.inc.php file and link the new version site to the old version database.

I tried doing this but the site is not opening and timing out. I am thinking there might be some other settings that i might need to change.

I need to get this fixed urgently. Any help with be appreciated. If someone is willing to do this for some money, then I am willing to pay also as this is very urgent

thanks

You can always download v1.6.1.4 instead?  You also need to realize that you have modules and themes installed, and those settings are stored in your database.  So if you try to download new files and use them against your existing database, you are going to be missing files (modules and themes).  This is most likely why things are failing

You can download older Prestashop versions here: https://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions#previous-version

Mixing versions is not recommended as almost each version has a slightly different database structure.

To update a 1.6.1.4 database to 1.6.1.6 you would need the following mysql commands:

UPDATE `PREFIX_configuration` c SET `value` = '{"avoid":[]}' WHERE `name` IN ('PS_INVCE_INVOICE_ADDR_RULES', 'PS_INVCE_DELIVERY_ADDR_RULES');
ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_cart_product` CHANGE `id_product_attribute` `id_product_attribute` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

I would recommend at least keeping the strings in your settings.inc.php file as otherwise all your (and your customer's) passwords will become invalid.

If you haven't solved this yet you can pm me for having a closer look.