[SOLVED] Cart Block, Text Issue

5ummer5

Hi everyone,

I am having a spot of trouble with the text in the Cart Block.

Basically when the item is first added the text displays fine like this "Pantone..." but when I navigate to another page this text expands to "Pantone Sunglasses" the full title. When it expands it pushes down the price to the next line. How can I get the text to stay in the "Pantone..." form all of the time?

Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

Many thanks!

Hi!

Sorry for my very late reply!

I have attached a screenshot of where the truncate code applies. This is in the discount section of the code and not the product description. I have tried adding the truncate command into the product section code but that has been trial and error and all i seem to get is errors!

Any ideas? Thanks!

23759_ODrDQUmkpEXMVi6tsBTu_t

Ok you know when you have been working on something for hours and the blindingly obvious isn't actually that obvious!

Well there is no need to alter the truncate or move it to the products section!

The way to do it go to module > blockcart > bloclcart.tpl and alter the LENGTH=xx in the line below! That will alter the length of the product name that is displayed in the cart block!

getProductLink($product.id_product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category)}" title="{$product.name|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}">{t text=$product.name length='12' encode='true'}

Simple as that! Maybe it pays to take a break once and a while! %-P

Thanks for your replies though!