Cart rules problem/bug after upgrade to v1.6.1.6

I upgraded my store to version 1.6.1.6 and just found out, that all the codes that are not linked with certain customers are seen by all of the customers. I checked with my test store which is running 1.6.1.3 version and with that it was working as it should, I could not see other codes unless they were linked with my account.

Is this 1.6.1.6 version bug or something else happened during the upgrade? I had to disable all the coupon codes, because people started to abuse them. Would like to get it fixed as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Do you use any module for coupons or any custom modifications?

There were a few post in the forum related to coupon codes.

No coupon related modules.  Once I've edited cart rules file to disable multiple % discounts on same item.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue after update to 1.6.1.6!

What happens in my case is that SOME made cart rules are visable for customers. While the setting is highlight is not selected. Still all customers can see this discount in there account overview.

The only difference is that it is not allocated to a certain person. But in earlier version not allocated cart rules where not shown in user accounts....

Did you slove this issue?

In the attachement the settings of a cart rule which shows in everyonce account...

post-272960-0-57784000-1469781899_thumb.png

post-272960-0-62640400-1469781908_thumb.png

post-272960-0-95175300-1469781914_thumb.png

I have not resolved this issue and looks like the issue is exactly the same. If the cart rule is allocated to certain person, then it's fine, but when it is not allocated, everybody can see it under their account under coupons.

Looks like a bug to me. Maybe everybody who updated to 1.6.1.6 have it? It can only be seen when you log in as a customer and check the coupons under your account If you have made cart rules with code but without allocation, you should see the coupons. In previous versions I did not see them.

I have the same issue after update to 1.6.1.6!

What happens in my case is that SOME made cart rules are visable for customers. While the setting is highlight is not selected. Still all customers can see this discount in there account overview.

The only difference is that it is not allocated to a certain person. But in earlier version not allocated cart rules where not shown in user accounts....

Did you slove this issue?

In the attachement the settings of a cart rule which shows in everyonce account...

• 2 weeks later...

For the noob as me. Just view the whole file (copy) and replace this with the file in your installation? Right?

I am so glad that after I requested the help of mdekker, who solved the case, the community is happy to help a noob further....  :angry: