You do not have permission to configure this module. 1-click upgrade

Brand new test store

Click 1 click upgrade installation.

Success message Module(s) installed successfully

followed by failure message

You do not have permission to configure this module.

Modules directory contains autoupgrade folder dated today. Modules list in admin offers 1-click upgrade as available to be installed. Click install again, same results as above.

Also tried installing via prestashop download. Same results.

Edited by dogrescuer (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem. I was searching for solution for my own. The problem had apeared when I uploaded moded bootstrap-theme. I don't know why, but in database in table MODULE, db droped 'primary key' and 'auto increment' properties for 'id_module' field. So when I tried to add and install new module, this module appeared in db table field id_module with value 0. (I had 15 this rows!) I had to delete by SQL query rows which had duplicated 'id_module' field (this is invalid) and add prop: primary key, and auto increment for field 'id_module'. After that adding and installing module all OK.

• 1 year later...

I had exactly the same problem. I checked folder permissions via ftp client, database keys at modules tables and inserted in tables values... Nothing helped.

This solution works: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/275511-solved-you-dont-have-access-to-configure-this-module/

It's enough to click "configrue" on module after sign in to back office on another administrator account. Just this! I don't know why but this workaround works.

I found this topic while I was searching any solution - that's why I write this solution here, for next who will search ;)
Regards!

Edited by Rynraf
create URL as link (see edit history)