Prestashop bugs with Memcached

slanit

Prestashop has a broken Memcached implementation.

If using a memcached server, the newly created product Variants on the backoffice don't show up. (the ones i've created since enabling memcached. the old ones do show up...).

Also the page doesn't update if i change, delete or rename things on the page.

If i disable the cache or set it to diskcache, everything works nice again...

It seems that prestashop can't detect changes or invalidate things if Memcached is used and has also problems displaying the variants.

I guess i will stumble upon many more bugs releated to the Prestashop Memcached behavior... (maybe not only the memcached implementation is broken, but others also? memcached, memcache, apc, xcache....?)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have the same problem with Prestashop 1.7.6, for example when I cancel a order the variant doesn't update his quantity and also is not possible to update manually the quantity if memcached is active. 

Do you have find some solution?

• 1 month later...

Anyone a solution for this wit Memcaches i have the same problem.

Products that are out of stock are displayed in the shop 'out of stock' even when stock is updated again.

Seems that changes in pages are not detected by memcache.

• 5 months later...

Hi, idem for us.

With cacheMemCache enable it was impossible to refresh the changed we made on the site, we try to clear the smarty cache before and after enable cacheMemcache, we tried to delete manually the cache into the var / cache / but it didn't work. We opened an issue on https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/22094 but it was close because because I have not given more information, at the moment I have not had the time to do it, we are in promotion with the black Friday so when this period ends, I will dedicate myself to explaining the problem better.

Balla