1-click upgrade from .15 to .16 failed - 2nd time now

Hi,

just attempted to upgrade my shop to .16 and its now failed twice.

it seems to get to the copying of the files end and then just displays an error about my site and the restore option is the only item available

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

if I overwrite the site with the previous version, it still fails with the above error, I have to wipe the site out completely, and restore it manually, then it works again. Is it writing something that's causing this, I removed the autoupgrade folder, and still will fail with the above error -- have to restore from scratch.

i'm sure if i try again, it will fail. anybody know what's gong on?
Edited by sticcino (see edit history)

Depending upon how your server is setup you should use a minimum of 644 for files. So what are your files set to currently?

Trying to change your file permissions by ftp is kind of silly. At least use putty or whatever client and change the entire directory, upgrade and then change it back again.

I think I figured out the issue. It hat to do with the .htaccess file. I added 2 Option directives directly to the apache httpd.conf file and it seems the system is stablized.

I haven't retried to do the upgrade with this config, will try on the weekend.

• 1 month later...