Blockcontactinfos on contact-form.tpl

Katia Smet

Hi

I would like to customize my contact-page. Therefore I would like to display 2 extra modules. 1 before the contactform: blockcontactinfos and 1 after the contactform: blockcmsinfo. 

I could include those tpl but he can't find the php-variables. How do I send the php variables to contact-form.tpl ? 

Error code:

Notice: Undefined index: blockcontactinfos_company in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/BVN/cache/smarty/compile/d5/68/76/d56876ff0f015b0f0ee84c6aa8802bb325ac00b1.file.blockcontactinfos.tpl.phpon line 36

{include file="$tpl_dir./modules/blockcontactinfos/blockcontactinfos.tpl"}

//contact form code

{include file="$tpl_dir./modules/blockcmsinfo/blockcmsinfo.tpl"}
Edited by Katia Smet (see edit history)

Assuming you're using PrestaShop v1.6, you should be able to create override/controllers/front/ContactController.php with something like the following:

<?php

class ContactController extends ContactControllerCore
{
    public function initContent()
    {
        parent::initContent();

$this->context->smarty->assign('blockcontactinfos_company', Configuration::get('BLOCKCONTACTINFOS_COMPANY'));
    }
}

This will create a new variable {$blockcontactinfos_company} you can use in contact-form.tpl.

This does not work because the variable is empty. I cannot override it, it's ignored. I can only put this in the original controller and this variable is empty.

I configured my modules like contact infos for my footer. Now i would like to access this information in a contact page. How can I acces this information? 

Strange. I just tested the code on my PrestaShop v1.6.1.6 website and it displays "My Company" on the contact page. Did you go to Advanced Parameters > Performance and click "Clear cache" or delete cache/class_index.php from your server? That should force PrestaShop to find the override.

Also, go to Modules > Contact information block > Configure and make sure you have something entered in the "Company name" field, then click the "Save" button.